New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Barcrest Little Devils error 0018 locked up  (Read 1863 times)

Offline dposea

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dposea New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Barcrest Little Devils error 0018 locked up
« on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »
My Little Devils S+ sat plugged in for a long time, and now has 0018 in the LED display and the key does nothing. On startup the reels spin then the 0018 appears. I'm just starting to learn about the machine so I'm not sure how to check the MPU.  If that is the board in a plastic box next to the main board none of it's lights are coming on. I'm going to check the power supply output tonight according to the instrcutions in the sticky post. I'm trying to get the hopper out so I can get to the main board. If there are faqs or instructions I need to read please let me know. I'll take pics as soon as I figure out the hopper removal. I have removed the reels, top and bottom, for access. This is just a home use machine converted to token use, but it will still take a $20 bill for faster play. Are any of the diagnostic plugs useful with a PC? Thanks in advamce for any help.

Some updated info. The battery on the main board was dead. I replaced it but did not charge the new one and it's also dead. Turning on te power I don't get the reels moving or any error codes. I could not find a battery on the upper board, which has an MPU5 plugged into the front of it. I'm going to remove the battery, make sure it charges, then try again, checking all the connections. I could never find am 0018 code so maybe the dead battery was the whole issue. I have ordered a new 1/2 AA lipo, for now I'm using a spare 3.6v, 1200 mah cell from my RC equipment. I keep good cells from bad lipos to use as replacements. You can save an expensive lipo pack, but you need to be very sure you know what you are doing, follow safety routines to the letter, and expect problems. The first charge on an altered pack takes palce outside in an old ammo container, and I have had two packs burn up on the first charge. One was my fault setting the maximum charge MAH way too high, the second just burned up with correct setting and a 2 amp charge rate on a 2000mah pack, or 1C charging.

Please let me know if you have any ideas of things I need to check. I'm going to order a clear and set chip set just in case I need to clear CMOS.

Thanks,

David

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:19:47 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline dposea

• NLG
Re: Barcrest Little Devils error 0018 locked up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
More info. Only the upper set of reels and LED display seem to work. The Credits, Coins Bet, and Win leds never light up, and the lower reels never move. Pressing the reset button on the back of the Power toggle switch does nothing, nor does turning the key.

How can I verify the main board is working at all? There are LEDs but you can't see them with the board installed. If someone has the connector pinout info I can power the board from a variable power supply to check if it's working at all. I'm reading everything I can so I don't ask stupid questions. If I need a new board where do I get one, and how much does one cost, roughtly?

Thanks,
David

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
I don't know anything about Barcrest machines but on a regular S+ the molex connector that goes to the motherboard sometimes gets a burned spot on the backside causing power problems. Also maybe the power supply for the bottom could be bad. This will be the connector turned around to see the burn mark.

"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 11:33:07 AM »
s+ does not take a lipo battery. the battery is non rechargeable lithium battery. it would be a lot easier to help with pics of machine
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:14:44 AM by Shaggy »
Thank You
  Mark

Offline dposea

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
my molex connector looks exactly like the one pictured, I tested the voltage on that connector and I get 12VAC between 1 and 6. 5 and 6 is 24VAC, 2 and 3 is 7.8 and 2 and 4 is 8.6. I took out the motherboard to check for coins, etc, and found an area where the traces have been exposed. The main board seems to be dead. No lights, no function with reset, nothing. I probed some sort of random points like Vcc and ground on a couple of chips, and got 5.04 volts DC, so the voltage has been converted and stepped down. The transformer screws were loose but it seems to be fine. I'll post pics of some empty sockets and "spare" plugs in another post. I need to edit them to circle things, etc. I have a battery on the way, the right one. I'm impatient at times :)'

I'll search for other threads about that burned connector. Other than that I think I have done all I can without guidance. Should I order a new board?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:51:22 PM by Shaggy »

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:43 PM »
my molex connector looks exactly like the one pictured, I tested the voltage on that connector and I get 12VAC between 1 and 6. 5 and 6 is 24VAC, 2 and 3 is 7.8 and 2 and 4 is 8.6. I took out the motherboard to check for coins, etc, and found an area where the traces have been exposed. The main board seems to be dead. No lights, no function with reset, nothing. I probed some sort of random points like Vcc and ground on a couple of chips, and got 5.04 volts DC, so the voltage has been converted and stepped down. The transformer screws were loose but it seems to be fine. I'll post pics of some empty sockets and "spare" plugs in another post. I need to edit them to circle things, etc. I have a battery on the way, the right one. I'm impatient at times :)'

I'll search for other threads about that burned connector. Other than that I think I have done all I can without guidance. Should I order a new board?

You will either need to clean the inside of the burned connector and the post below or replace the connector and then clean below, personally I would replace it. The burned spot is where lack of good contact has caused arcing inside the connector. This connector supplies power to the mother board. Chances are the board is not bad. Actually some of our vendors at the top of the home page have those connectors or replacement plugs with pigtails. That burnt connector will shut things down. Don't start spending money on boards until you need to. If we go a step at a time we'll save you some money. Look for posts about "burned connector" in this forum.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:01:39 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »
I agree, Replace that connector or the harness with the newer style connectors that touch on 3 sides instead of 1. Then your displays will light and your reels will have power and machine should boot and be ready to play. Sometimes you can slide that connector up and down a few time to make contact. Will not last for long but will be playable for a short while.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline dposea

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 01:10:00 AM »
That was it. I cleaned up the bad pin and post and got a 12. A new battery should be here tomorrow. I'll make a donation to the website to say thanks. Without the people here I would probably never got it fixed. It's too big to take to a shop. I also need new door optics because I pulled a wire out of one sensor.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 02:54:53 AM »
I doubt just cleaning it will last long. Needs to be replaced to the better connector. There are vendors here and EBay has them for around $15.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:10:28 AM »
I doubt just cleaning it will last long. Needs to be replaced to the better connector. There are vendors here and EBay has them for around $15.

:I_agree_1:

Electrical arcing causes the metal to be burned away. The more of it gone, the more likely the arcing will return. Now is a great time to fix this correctly as it is all fresh in your mind. You're going to have the MPU board out to replace the battery, great time to fix that connector too. When you replace the optics, they are specific to their position. The one for the cabinet will not work on the door nor will the door optic work on the cabinet. The alignment will be important also. Sounds like you're off to a great start, good job.

Dave

Offline dposea

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 08:08:13 PM »
I actually could not believe that pin could be a problem, but obviously I know less than I think. I'll be replacing the connector with the new style with 3 sided contacts. I just cleaned it up as a test. I'm loooking at the cherry switch option now, since there was one in the door not connected to anything. It seems like a better option since you can pull out the plunger to test with an open door.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »
I think the bypass is only for S2000. I may be wrong, but don't remember anyone doing it to an S+

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »
Here's a link for the optic bypass from the other site. Reply 10 by stayouttadabunker has a cherry switch bypass setup.

Dave

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16714.msg141959#msg141959.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
I'm loooking at the cherry switch option now, since there was one in the door not connected to anything. It seems like a better option since you can pull out the plunger to test with an open door.

I would highly recommend keeping the original optical sensors in an S+ machine.  Some S+ games will not get past a 61 error with the optics bypassed, since the optical sensor sends a pulse of 1010101010... and a cherry switch would always just show as closed (or open, but not pulsing).  Get a new set of optics for $10 or whatever they're going for these days and you'll be set.  Do note the wire colors on your existing emitter and receiver, and match the new set to that.  Both sides use the exact same connector, so it's easy to accidentally reverse them when installing them.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 07:16:17 AM »
I make marks on the cabinet side for replacement or pop the optic out rather than unscrew it. The door side doesn't have any adjustment.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 05:51:26 PM »
If you still need it, here's a link to the power supply harness you need. Listed by one of our members/vendors Samron Slots.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S-Mother-board-to-power-supply-Harness/323104092186?hash=item4b3a81301a:g:wY4AAOSw4CFY2VT1

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal