New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: takasago video poker help  (Read 6677 times)

Offline rapidroy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • rapidroy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
takasago video poker help
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »
Hi All
just pick this one up it would light up but thats all. I pulled the monitor and the  main board all looked ok it has a battery i've never seen before (i will post pic later) and put all back in, plug it in and it played one hand and thats all. it has a nickel in the comparer  but the screen says 25. the guy did say it played 5 cent . it did give me a checksum error but went away when i turned it off then on. it will not count coin in. any one with a manual? to setup coin in
Roy

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
Re: takasago video poker help
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
more pic's

Roy

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
battery/supercap had .176 of a volt and my cap checker shows it bad if you can check it that way.
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »
I don't know anything about this particular machine, sorry. But wanted to say that a "supercap" is technically a capacitor that has very low loss, so it can store a voltage for a long time and that lets it act like a battery. When the machine is powered on the supercap will charge to the full voltage it is connected to (often 5 volts or similar in things like this). Then when the machine is powered off the supercap will send that voltage to the cmos ram chip it is keeping "alive" while the machine is powered off. This preserves the data in the cmos ram chip. Many electronic devices use a supercap instead of a battery because the supercap lasts for a much longer time than a battery.

Your cap checker may be giving a false reading because the supercap is installed in the circuit board and is connected to other circuits. If the supercap is not holding a charge it is likely bad, you can try replacing it. Also, a defective cmos ram chip can be shorted internally and drain the supercap voltage, so that is a possibility too. The cmos ram chip is likely the large chip near the supercap.

I checked the NLG download area for manuals on Takasago but didn't find anything. My search found that Takasago is mainly known for their pachislo machines, but below may be a manual for this slot machine, you'd want to check with them to see what machine model it covers:

http://stealthhome.stores.yahoo.net/tausma.html
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:08:42 AM »
the supercap is a 5.5v .033mf. the cap checker is a "Blue ESR checker" which makes finding bad caps in circuit easy and fast.
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
the supercap is a 5.5v .033mf. the cap checker is a "Blue ESR checker" which makes finding bad caps in circuit easy and fast.

Sounds like the supercap is bad and will need to be replaced.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
i replaced it and i got it to play but only counts credits when the door is open if i shut the door the coins just go through. and it does not payout yet?
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
That's odd behavior. Is there a door switch that tells the machine when the door is open or closed? If so, maybe someone switched the wires around on it??

Do you mean it only gives you a credit for coins inserted if you leave the door open? Not understanding your wording, please be specific or more clear.

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »
OK i got it working with door open and closed. the coin comparor needed some work it still lets all coins in but seems only to credit the quarters if i put a nickel in it passes to the hopper but no credit. it still will not pay out but then the pay out button is broken. it does add credits with a winning hand which can be played. the screen is really burned in and the colors are not right.
Roy

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 02:19:50 PM »
need a button
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
OK i got it working with door open and closed. the coin comparor needed some work it still lets all coins in but seems only to credit the quarters if i put a nickel in it passes to the hopper but no credit. it still will not pay out but then the pay out button is broken. it does add credits with a winning hand which can be played. the screen is really burned in and the colors are not right.

On slot machines that I am familiar with you can only use one type of coin, can not mix them. So if your coin acceptor/coin comparitor is setup for quarters that is the only coin you can use. If you put different size coins into your hopper that can cause problems like coin jams. Can you post a photo of your coin comparitor?

Machines that have CRT displays will have screen burn after all the years of use. The same thing used to happen on computer monitors. The phosphor coating on the inside of the CRT gets a permanent image. You can try to improve it by adjusting the screen brightness a little, or adjust the contrast control (if there is one). Otherwise it is what it is. You could try to find another display of the same or similar type and swap them out. And sometimes you can upgrade a machine to an LCD display.

Your photo looks good, the display is not too bad considering the age of the machine. So the machine is pretty much working now?

You said something about needing a button but I can't tell what it looks like. You might be able to use a generic pushbutton made for another machine, like IGT or Bally, as long as it was the right size. Can you post a closeup photo of the button that you need?

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:09 PM »
yes it now plays good .....so far. heres the switch i need
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 07:49:15 PM »
How did you improve the display image, it is better in the last photo compared to the photo in your first post?

The coin comparitor will only give you credit for play when you insert the proper coin into the machine that matches the coin installed in the coin comparitor. You will not get any credits for coins that don't match the coin installed in the coin comparitor, and those improper coins should get rejected back to the coin return on front of machine.

Your machine has a CC-40 coin comparitor. It has an example coin installed in it, this is called the "sample" coin. To play the machine you must insert coins that match this sample coin, no other type of coin is to be used. The sample coin needs to be mounted in the coin holder with its left edge properly in the groove for holding it in place. The sliding coin cover should be as far to the left as possible so that it covers the sample coin as much as possible and the sliding cover screw should be tightened so that the coin cover is laying as close to the sample coin as possible. In the lower right corner of the coin comparitor is a small sensitivity adjustment, it should be turned all the way counter-clockwise to reduce nuisance coin rejections. You can use a small screwdriver to make this adjustment.

Someone may had messed with the coin comparitor and made it so that all coins pass thru. Normally it should only let coins that match the sample coin pass thru to the hopper. Any other coin that isn't like the sample coin should get rejected by the coin comparitor and get sent to the front of the machine back to the player. On the back of the coin comparitor is a metal part called the rake. It's job is to steer rejected coins back to the front of the machine. When the correct coin is inserted the rake will move out of the way and the accepted coin will go to the hopper. Sometimes people will jam or force open the rake so that all coins get past it and go to the hopper. So remove your CC-40 coin comparitor and examine the back of it, see if the rake has been rigged open.

I can't see anything wrong with the pushbuttons in your photo, is the problem a broken button switch or maybe a bad bulb?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:09:48 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
yes one switch is broken i made it the pay out button because it was one of the card hold ones. it is missing one tab that holds it in and it looks like the magnet thing is missing.
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 08:12:04 PM »
That's a good solution, move the bad pushbutton to one of the button positions that is not used or not used very much. Can you glue something to the button in place of the broken tab to hold it in place? Is there a "service" or "call attendant" button, if so they are not needed for home use.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »
I have a wide range of spare buttons, but nothing like those?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
yeah, those are special buttons. Looks like each one has a little circuit board with resistors and maybe other parts.

Offline rapidroy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
you called it on the rake it was stuck now 5cents fall through. pics of the buttons
green is bad
yellow is good
Roy

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
Is there a name molded into that white plastic part of the switch? Not likely the Takasago company made the switch itself, they probably bought it from a company that makes switches. If there is a name on it you might be able to locate another one on the internet somewhere. Or look on ebay, you'd be surprised at the oddball and obscure items you can find on there.

Another idea, you could probably find a pushbutton with switch that would fit the hole in the player button panel where that bad pushbutton goes. They make pushbutton switches that are round, square and rectangular. The wires underneath could be connected to the new pushbutton, usually 2 wires go to the switch contacts and 2 other wires go to the light bulb inside the pushbutton.  It wouldn't match the other pushbuttons, but if it was off to the side then it may not be a problem.

Where did you get this Takasago machine? Do they have others, maybe non-working ones that you could get parts from? On something like this it might even be a good idea to buy a broken machine to use as a parts machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
What kind of sounds does the machine make, are they simple or more elaborate, like when you get a good hand? I've not played or seen one of these machines but I've heard that many were at the old Las Vegas Imperial Palace and the airport at one time. Is your machine working fine except for the one button problem?

Longshot, but maybe worth a try- there is a guy named Robert Sult, he is/was a slot machine and bench repair tech at Treasure Island in LV. He's been in the slot repair business for many years. For about 7 years he was a distributor and repair person for Takasago slot machines and video poker machines. If you can get a hold of him he might be able to get you a manual and parts, or be able to help in some way.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-sult-97184910

Below is his personal website, he's into a lot of different stuff, his email address is at the bottom of his webpage, maybe you can contact him that way:

http://www.myslotnotes.com/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:00:51 AM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal