New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Mills M Head with jackpot hopper: Payout issues and general information.  (Read 30664 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I lost out on that last Mills but made up for it here. It needs a bit of cleaning as it was sitting in the previous owners garage for years. It's still sideways on my cart and I haven't plugged it in yet. It has the built in coin tray but I'm assuming Mills attached these to a stand since there's holes at the bottom and no notch for the power cord. I'll do some google picture searching now and see but thought I'd share my latest find. I'll post a shot after I clean it up.
I like the ass on this machine!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:36:39 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Look! A Mills E I found on MBay! I mean...a Mills M on EBay.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:15:11 PM »
That's awesome. Nice looking machine and it does have a cute little ass!   :lol:

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:47:19 PM »
That's awesome. Nice looking machine and it does have a cute little ass!   :lol:

Dave

:rotfl:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »
Well I flipped it up and had a good look at it. I sort of bought it sight unseen... just loaded it in.
It's not in quite as nice of shape as I thought. The chrome on the front, surrounding the glass is flaking off and the paint on the glass is "scaled" for lack of a better term. But still all that kind of adds to it's age I guess!  I cleaned and it does look a lot better.
NOW for the big problems... no keys! Should I just jam a screwdriver in it, turn and see what happens? I don't think this particular lock is of any value... any thoughts? I can take it to the local locksmith of course but I'd still like to see if there's some simple trick that I'm overlooking.
I plugged it in. It lights up but the nickel just sits there. I can reject it and that's it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:55:42 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:58:53 PM »
Drill, baby, drill: M-heads are recent enough that something like the lock
is not a "collectible" issue.

Or if you want, just ship it up to me in Oregon: I'll let you know
when it 's working :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »
Drill, baby, drill: M-heads are recent enough that something like the lock
is not a "collectible" issue.

Or if you want, just ship it up to me in Oregon: I'll let you know
when it 's working :)

NLG member stayouttadabunker used to always make that shipping request!  :rotfl:
Ok drilling will commence soon as I see how to...large drill, small drill? I'll read up. I wonder though if I can just take a large standard screwdriver and twist the sucker open?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 09:33:31 AM »
Don't try the screwdriver thing, you will bend the slide mech inside and you will regret it...deeply. Start with a small drill bit, right in the center, then graduate up in size on the bit until center of lock is empty/clear. Then you can just stick a screwdriver in and lift up on the lock and release the slide.

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:34 AM »
 :thank_you:
This will be fun.
There might be 20 years of nickels in here too!

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
It's fun until you snap a drill bit in the hole. :banghead:
Good luck
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »
Okay I've drilled successfully. I used a tap last and was able to just wiggle it out.
Someone seemed to think that OIL fixes everything. It's oily everywhere. I opened the lower door and found a hopper.  :Scratch-Head:
I had no idea these had a hopper AND the coin tube. The coin mech isn't working. It just sits there on that balance pin  thing and the only think it will do is reject.
I found the release and pulled the handle but it seems the reels are gummed up too. I guess I need to learn mechanical slots now! It will cycle slowly but only the first reel "kicks." The others don't get enough "kick" to spin much. It does pay off though, from the coin tube.
did the hopper act as a jackpot and cash box?
Is everyone hung over from last night?  :chug:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:04:46 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »
Lower part...

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
Those are Fun Machines.
I'm not familiar with the M. series.
I have Two older Mills. One still has the original tag behind the Drill Proof Sides. It is Dated 12-26-35. It's a Blue Castle with the Silent mechanism, $.05. The second one is a Black Cherry, $,25, manufactured around 1945.
Those each have Three Reel Brakes to slow down the reels. You can also adjust the speed of the reels by bending the Blades on the Clock.
I don't know if this will help or not.
You have a great Find. Mills have been around since 1902 or 1910?, Chicago Illinois.
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »
Thank you
This Mills was made in the early to mid 60's I believe. I'm still in the "discovery" stage trying to figure out what exactly it is. I'm not quite at the point of adjusting the reels but I'm sure it's similar to the old ones like yours.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
Looks like I'm answering myself on what this is...
Hey shortrackskater, this is shortrackskater... I found your answer in the archive site on this great place called NLG!
Your machine is a Mills M head high top with hopper, and you were correct in your assumption - the hopper is for the jackpot payouts that are above the quantity that the coin tube handles. It's one of those last Mills machines that really couldn't compete with Bally and their new EM machines that made all the payouts with their higher capacity hoppers.
Here's the link to the Mills info on the old site.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=22327

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
 :thank_you:
I got it partly working last night. The coin mech was jamming and I replaced it with a newer one. They seemed the same but it didn't align too well. Then I found an adjustment on the original mech after I cleaned the gunk off it. I guess some people think that dumping gluts of oil is the proper fix for everything! :fryingpan:
Later today I'll put the original coin mech back on, after I get a new lock for that weird locking coin head.
Next problem is the payouts from the coin tube are off - the ten coin win pays five, but the two coin pays are correct. Also the "kicker thing" only kicks all three reels if you pull the handle slowly until feel a click, the they spin fine. If you pull the handle normally, only the middle reel spins, and the other two just spin slow or just float.
Any help from the mechanical slot experts would be greatly appreciated.

Offline drfreeze1739

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »
I had one of those machines you just got. Very nice machine. I have pics of the inside of it at home on my computer. I will post pics of it if you need some. I might have the manual for it also. Not sure. Mine was from the lucky duck liqueur.  I got mine for about 200. Or 250. I sold it last year or the year before that.
Thank you..

Mark Evans

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Thanks Mark. I'd love to have a manual.  I saw some pictures of it on the old site. I paid $250 for mine. It's not in too bad of shape although the paint on the glass is "scaled" from age. Still it looks good. I like the jackass on it!!! Hope to get it fully working soon. I think working on this will finally force me to learn more about mechanical machines. I have about 4 old Mills Vest Pockets I'd like to get working. And I think it even help me with my two old Bally EM machines.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:47:12 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline drfreeze1739

• Sr NLG Member
  • drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!drfreeze1739 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »
i have EM manuals on pdf format.

if you want one PM me your email address and i can send you the one you need,

just let me know the year you have and i will send you some trouble shooting info and stuff.

i have made a lot of notes when i work on them.

Thank you..

Mark Evans

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 07:45:22 PM »
 :thank_you: :thank_you:  Yours looks nice too.

PM sent. I don't see any tags on my machine anywhere! Strange... I don't even see any place where there were tags... not holes, not sticky spots... nothing.
For some reason, the machine is playing properly but pay outs are still half of what they should be for higher amounts.
I got the old coin mech working properly and installed a nice new lock for the "M head" head. That part works perfectly now.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:07:46 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline drfreeze1739

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »
Emailed you 2 mill manuals..

hope they help.
Thank you..

Mark Evans

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal