New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need suggestions for ghost reel blanks  (Read 6634 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Need suggestions for ghost reel blanks
« on: May 14, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
Picked up a 742-a machine a week ago. Brought it back from the dead using the typical methods, Clean Clean Clean.
The coin mechanism was missing the magnet, thanks to Jim for pointing that out. Didn't realize it was need to created a force field.
Which actually slows the coins down allowing them to fall into the appropriate slot. Besides cosmetics that was the only thing wrong.

I'm not a real fan of fruitless machines.

As I remember some machines did payout on BLANKS.
So I wired the blanks to payout on what normally would be cherries.

My question is. What is the most cleverest/unique name for the blanks on the reels?
If anyone recalls any interesting term besides BLANK, please let me know.
Thought about adding cherries, might make the machine look like you couldn't loose with all those cherries.
But on average the blanks on the center line only come up 2 to 3 times per 20 plays.

I've designed a new top glass and I think I've got a simple production method worked out.

Photos of both, machine and new top glass.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Need suggestions for ghost reel blanks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »
How about, "SOMETHING FOR NOTHING"

:lol: :rotfl: :24:

BTW, I don't like JPO machines either.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »
GHOST's

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 05:40:34 PM »
Good looking machine, is inside as nice?  My guess is yes, any pic's.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 06:48:21 PM »
Was thinking about. W I N.  W on the first reel and so forth.
Glass would read WIN 2 Coins etc, etc.
Also lemons, correct me if I'm wrong, but I though some of the old mechanical machines had lemons.
Can't remember if they paid or not.

Re: the inside of the machine is a lot nicer than the exterior.
Will post photos next week.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 07:17:59 PM »
David:

Nice game and great idea.  Please tell us more about the top glass that you made.  I am sure that some of us would line up for a custom glass.  Waiting to see inside pics as well.  As always great job!

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »
Hey Ra,

The photo is my recreation of the original with some modifications. Its  just in the design state as of now.
Need to learn a few things in CorelDraw to finish the layout.
Have a simple production process worked out, but won't know how it will look until I finish.

As for the blanks, thinking of horse shoes or clovers as an option.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »
Not that you asked for my vote but my vote would be the horseshoes. lol :rotfl:

Ra

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 12:45:00 PM »
I converted a JPO-type machine for Moe a couple of years ago, to pay for cherries on blank symbols on the 3rd and 2nd reels, however I added a couple of switches down near the drop chute that you can switch on or off to change the odds.  I just run the wire from the reel mech plug for the pays to the switches, and then down into the hopper plug.  By turning on all the switches you can basically drain the hopper with about 10 coins to start.
One of my favorite conversions was doing this same thing on another machine, but hooking the cherry pay up to the 'change' button on the door (after taking off the 6V line), and that way you can subtly and casually push the button and suddenly you start winning.
Always fun to do these rewirings for low hit frequency machines.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
Mr. Reno,
I was thinking doing something like that. Thought I could link 2 payouts through a step up unit if there were some open circuits.
Or a switch that would flip flop and direct the pulse to 1 or another payouts. Probably linked with the coin in switch.

Anyway making some progress with my original plan and decided to use Horseshoes "thanks Ra" for the symbols.
Made up some test reel strips until I get some materials ordered.
Guess you could call them 'Training Reels'
Also included layout for the top glass.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »
Training Reel look great!  What you are doing is WAY beyond my competence level but I love watching the progress. 

Ra

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
I like it.   Great choice.  Beyond my skills.  Still learning basic functions. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 07:57:04 PM »
Thanks guys, glass art work is 98% done. Going to test some chrome tape or paint if it works, most likely will add some to the glass.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
Dave your abilities are amazing that little machine I built that's on my Facebook page needs artwork for the payout I need all of the information for a 1088  in the little space on the right side of the window I will Mount the lights accordingly

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »
Jon,
That is the art work I made for the 742. I've made a few changes and hopefully get it back from the printer next week. Not sure how it will look in the machine. I need to get some light sockets on the wire rails to add a row of lights on the top and bottom. Probably make a new board with dividers in the correct spot.
Let me know if you have any light sockets on the wire rails you can spare. Also send me what you need for your glass.
Will take a look at your Facebook site. Going to post a photo of a device I made for testing and cleaning reel mechanism. Made it from parts you gave me, so thanks again. Will post photos on next posting.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
Dave I figure about 2 weeks I will start cutting open boxes I will have all the spare parts anyone could possibly want

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
Set this up for testing and cleaning reel mechanisms. Could hook up the 6 foot cables a run the machine with the reels on the bench, if need be.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 08:00:26 PM »
Nice looking set up.   I like it a lot. 

I just got my 30 pin extension cable for testing hopper outside machine.  No hopper issue but can see operation on hopper and inside cab behind where hopper is. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 08:42:26 PM »
The cables come in handy when you need to see what's going on. Made one awhile back for the hopper and found I could use it on the odds unit for the 742. Need to make a couple more and I'll have one for every plug.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »
David the extension cables are essential for trouble shooting I believe.   I bought a full set from a NLG member at a very good price.  I even got a custom hopper jumper for the strange wiring in my Arrow Line. The jumpers are long enough and extremely well made.    I think that his name is Jim.   Great guy,  excellent product!

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal