New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 8116 Tournament Boards No Coin count out on LED  (Read 3386 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
8116 Tournament Boards No Coin count out on LED
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:33:30 AM »
Howdy All,
I have 2 nice clean 8116-A2 Tournament boards that I've had for a several years. They work terrific with all functions Except when the hopper pays out it doesn't count out the coins on the LED &Tilts due to no counting? Everything else works, takes coins, handle, all buttons work, LED shows correct, but when the hopper pays the LED goes to zero as it should, but does not show or count out. Does anybody know if I need to change or cut a trace to the main dip switch or possibly something else? I would think it's doable hopefully as they both do the same thing. My memory is not the best, but I thought they fully worked years back, but I can't say for sure. I probably just plugged them in & inserted a coin, hit the spin button & that was it.
I have 2 other Tournament boards that fully work & 3, 4, 5 Dip switches are on. Anybody know how the board 8 packs work? I couldn't seem to find it in the manual. Only for the 8 pack on the piggyback.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:10:19 AM by danatlvc »

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: 8116 Tournament Boards No Coin count out on LED
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »
UPDATE: I tried another game off a working board & the handle now works, but still no coin out? I modified the original Post & eleminated the handle part. I was using a game set I've had for years in storage, so it may have been a Tournament Game or Bad etc. 

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »
You have four traces cut on back of board. Jumper those traces and the board should work fine.

I took your close up of the back and circled the cuts.
Second pic shows where to put traces.

AND, you need a daughter board at location 1A for the hopper to work correctly. (It is possible to program an 2732 eprom for location 1A if daughter board not available)
Jim

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:39:05 PM »
The board 8-pac is for setting the tournament time and credit amounts, not used in real games, (first four could be used for progressives but would have to check the jumpers to see). Set them all to OFF if using game eproms and not tournament eproms.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:38:24 PM »
!!! Awesome !!!
I've looked over those boards so many times in search of anything out of the norm & never noticed those tiny trace cuts
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Uniman :hail:
Dan

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »
UPDATE - I jumped the cut traces & they fully work now :dancing_2: Strangely though on one of my Universal machines that looks to have a Bally type Hopper conversion in it (pic attached) these Tournament boards over pay a coin causing a Tilt 99% of all pay outs? My other non Tournament boards in this machine don't do that & these Tournament boards pay perfect in my other Universal machines with regular hoppers in them, only in this one machine. Wierd
Thanks,
Dan

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »
That is strange?  :Scratch-Head:

The tournament board is the 8116-A2 game board modified by four cut traces and added 8-dip switch replacing 4-dip switch. Repair the traces and leave all dips off and it should work just like a game board. Also make sure the daughter board is attached properly and the dips on the daughter board set correctly.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal