New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal three reel slot  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Colorado

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Colorado New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Universal three reel slot
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
Hello,
I recently bought a Universal three reel slot as a project, knowing it wasn't working when purchased.
--Photo Attached --
It powers up and gets three different error codes in the Win Meter - 50, 13 and 21. It also
displays TILT at the bottom left of the reel glass.
The top light is Red (bottom) White (top)
Red - Solid On
White - Steady Flash

The door lock was drilled out, I replaced and am able to lock and unlock the front door.

I do not have a key that will turn the two reset switches on the arm side.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should get started trying to problem solve ??

Thank you !!
Colorado

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Universal three reel slot
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
Start with the coin optics below comparitor.

NOW, assuming you get error 21 on startup. If you get error 21 after you dropped a coin, let me know!

Error 50 means door is/was open. Error 13 means power interruption(you turned it on). No TILT for these two, should always get them when powering up (with door open-power supply switch.)

Error 21 is Coin-in jam. This is your TILT.
With power on check the two optics below the comparitor. They both should show a little red LED lit. Sounds like one or both do not.
Make sure both are plugged in. Ckeck for paper/dust or any obstruction in the optic. Check optic alignment where it is mounted to make sure optical path not blocked.
If you find that one is bad, there should be a third optic down lower for coin drop to bucket in the slot stand. You can use this optic as a spare and replace the bad optic.

Now, if error occurred only when coin was dropped, it could still be bad optic or someone messed with the optic timing in the test mode.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Some more info.
You can press the yellow reset switch and the 21 should clear if the error happened in the past but is no longer there.
Taking a lot at the pic I see it is a nickle machine but the coin entry looks much bigger, maybe dollars?
It might be you have the large optics and nickles might not work. I need to look that up, but I believe nickle Uni slots used smaller optics.

Yep, there were three sizes; Regular size for nickles to half dollars, A one dollar size, and a five dollar size.

Offline Colorado

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Colorado New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »
Awesome.  I was able to get it working. 
As you mentioned.  I removed the coin mech.  And optics. 
Seemed to be like saw dust in there. I cleaned them, did the
Reset and all errors cleared.
Thank you so very much for your quick response. 
I have never had a universal and really like it. I think I'm
Going to keep it.
Thanks again. 
Colorado. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:27:45 PM by Colorado »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal