New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 40140 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »
To me it looks like you have the wrong key chip. I had to use a key 31 on mine, just went with a 45 because they work on everything

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2017, 08:31:03 AM »
will try the key31 - thank you

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
Same result with the key 31 Ram error

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
I always put the SB in after clear. turn key 4 times, hold button, close main door, reels spin, open door, turn key 3 times, end up at machine type mismatch. install key chip, get 2 lights, reinstall SB, goes straight to key menu.

It's just the way I learned (best I can recollect as I'm at work right now). I never knew of a shorter process.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2017, 09:36:39 AM »
Will try that BUT nlg instructions say orherwise

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »
Still NO does not follow any instructions Is the issue VISION and instructions are S2000?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2017, 09:59:46 AM »
It is a S2000, does not matter if it is vision or reel touch they all clear  and key the same.
Why don't you give us a step-by-step of what you are doing and what the machine is doing.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Nope, only difference should be key chip depending on age. Key chip can't be older than the software platform

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »
a video for 3 steps - 2 steps or whichever CLEAR I do the results are exactly the same
1. CLEAR 97 - 2 lights come on - power off
2. KEY 17 - 2 lights come on -power off
3. install base chip - DOES NOT go into the KEY MENU!!!
    machine starts to load NETPLIX etc. 
NO DOOR OPENED OR CLOSED - NO KEY TURNED - NO TEST BUTTON

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »
Have you tried replacing the 6 pin EEPROM on the back-plane board?
It seems like it is the only common denominator to all of your problems.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2017, 01:54:25 AM »
How long are you waiting for key menu. A vision will have to fully boot before the key will show. So yes netplix, app start, waiting on video etc.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2017, 03:57:49 AM »
never get the "machine type mismatch"  after the sb chip installed - never get the alarm sound.  As mentioned earlier - I do get the KEY MENU by going thru the boot up steps - but then the buttons do not work - SO - as others have mentioned - the IO board on the door?  still problem with the CPU?   

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »
Elvis brings up a good point.  Both vision and reel touch must completely boot the top box before any of the key screens come up on the bottom. It could take up to 7 minutes depending on the jurisdiction chips being used.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
Plus your key menu will come up on the vision monitor and your buttons will light for using. This is the biggest reason I asked for some video, so I can see exactly what is going on. I have 11 vision machines running in my collection and consider myself understanding them very well. I must have missed the part where you needed to do the clear. Had the machine finally booted up and played a game? Just doing a clear does not set off the machine mismatch. Quite often replacing batteries does. I want your machine running MORE than you do.

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2017, 02:13:24 PM »
machine has a coin in jam error - according to spin - the clear was needed after they "repaired" the cpu -  i appreciate the request for a video - but i think i have described what is happening - the issue now is that I AM IN THE KEY menu but the buttons do not work - so the journey to this point means there is a problem with the CPU (still) or those io boards mentioned many many times.  I can't get any response from SPIN
The REELS SPIN - THE BV does actuate - NO LIGHTS on the display - buttons do not light up - all wiring to the door has been checked.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »
Do you have coin in equipment? If not is the bypass plug in the harness? The machine was in pieces so we can guess it had not been working for a while. What is happening now when you turn it on? Is it booting up and almost ready for play, then coin in?? Are you and Qbert within driving distance of each other?

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
If I just start with the SB chip - go through all the setup - reels spin etc - i get the m closure and COIN IN JAM.  Yes there is coin handling (cc - hopper etc).  Never get past the coin in jam error - hence the CLEAR. 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2017, 02:50:23 PM »
Forcing key menu access won't light the buttons, just lets you verify settings. If it goes to the key menu on it's own after using the key chip and the buttons still don't light, then you likely have a bad IO card. If you have a 10 button player panel there are 2 IO cards on the door and you could try swapping them to see what happens

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
getting to the key menu as I said - the buttons do not light or work - the IO this is not a 10 button game - (see picture of machine beginning of post) - I have 2 of the IO cards (1 spare - both no change)

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »
I think it was me that brought up doing a clear. Some leftover errors are stubborn. Plus, I had one that was giving me coin in jam (although mine was coinless) and I know I didn't replace any hardware to get rid of it. I just couldn't remember what I did so I was assuming I cleared it. As with GOS, this was a machine that was new to me. Only difference is that I was converting it over to a Vision.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal