New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Display's NETPLEX link is down. no disp  (Read 7912 times)

Offline roninva

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roninva New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Display's NETPLEX link is down. no disp
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »
I have a The Mummy Returns game, worked when I brought it home, tried aligning the display on the bonus game, never worked since. Forum says this error means replace the power supply behind the reels, no change.
Any clue? I'm ready to put it at the curb and be out the $1100 I paid.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Display's NETPLEX link is down. no disp
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
sounds like the display is not able to communicate with the mpu. possible causes of this could be faulty display, harness damage, faulty mpu, or another netplex device has failed and shorted out one of the data or clock lines on the netplex buss. when diagnosing netplex problems first thing i do is unplug all netplex devices but the display. this means bill validator, printer, you mentionsd a bonus display that may also be netplex. if the message is blinking and you have an enhanced mpu the problem is almost always a bad mpu

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »
This is an Aristocrat machine, right? Not IGT S2000?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 08:13:17 PM »
Do aristocrats use netplex? Fairly sure that's and igt specific thing.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 08:41:34 PM »
Mummy Returns is an S-2000 with the AC coin Mummy bonus top.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 05:31:57 AM »
I searched youtube  and found several video's for "The Mummy Returns" bonus's by Aristocrat. Nothing for IGT. That is why I was asking.

the rockin elvis

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 05:45:22 AM »
Try "igt munny returns".  That's n's not m's.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 06:00:45 AM »
If all you did was open the top box to align the display then my first question would be, did you do this with the machine on? If so, there's a chance something got shorted and may be the cause of the problem. If not and in any case, check ALL plugs and board seating to make sure nothing got wiggled loose during transport or your attempts at alignment. And I mean EVERYTHING. The problem may not be anywhere close to where you were working. Also, if your game uses an enhanced MPU, your green 3 cell battery may be bad, which causes the netplex error on that board

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 07:08:58 AM »
Try "igt munny returns".  That's n's not m's.

Thanks Tilt. In his first post he wrote mummy. I did not think about munny

the rockin elvis

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 08:00:50 AM »
My Bad  :duh: :duh: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: I meant to say Munny not Mummy

Offline roninva

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 05:12:10 PM »
Ok, well, I checked both batteries on the board, both dead as can be.
ordered new ones, I'll replace those and post my progress.
I have another game that I posted that is giving me issues and its on the same switch. I turned them on to see if one games was fixed, it wasn't, but without the game board in the machine at all, it game me the same error. Maybe its just batteries and or a bad mother board. Will know by the weekend when the batteries arrive.
Thanks all.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »
THE display gives that error when ever it cant communicate with the mpu(board) so if you dont have the mpu in it you should get that error.

Offline roninva

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
Well, all new batteries, let's come on the game board, but still the machine just goes right to the same error, doesn't check anything, reels done spin, nothing, just straight to the error. What can I check or replace to get this thing working?

Offline roninva

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 08:13:13 AM »
No other suggestions?

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
"displays netplex link down" is just the display telling your it cant talk to the mpu. u will get this problem for a lot of reasons. the fact that you also get no disp means your mpu is booting. on some machines i have seen reel spin on others i have not so the reels are no indication on the problem. i would not touch the mpu until you get the display working or as a last resort to get the display working. first think you should do is disconnect all netplex devices but the vfd this means the bill validator, printer, and any none standard s2000 hardware in the top. this will tell you if one of the devices on the netplex line is faulty killing communication. if that doesn't work check for a bad vfd control board or harness damage. if that still doesn't work you probably have a bad mpu or motherboard.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal