New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ RED, White & Blue: 65-1 will not self test  (Read 4508 times)

Offline zinger1974

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • zinger1974 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ RED, White & Blue: 65-1 will not self test
« on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »
Noob here I picked up an S+ at a yard sale and have been going through it and reading the forum a bit. Trying to get it to work. I have got a 65-1 code and when I press the Self test button for the 1-2 seconds nothing happens. What direction do i need to go to repair this machine?
Thanks in advance for all assistance.
Scot

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ RED, White & Blue: 65-1 will not self test
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 03:49:02 PM »
Maybe try holding the switch in for 5 seconds .. watch display and see if anything happens .. if the 65-1 disappears before the 5 seconds then release the switch.

BTW .. the switch is white in color and about the diameter of a piece of pencil lead. Will be next to the on/off toggle or behind the toggle housing.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:18 PM »
Sometimes closing the door and turning the jackpot reset key clears that also. Don't know why, it just does.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
I tried the reset switch for both 5 and 10 seconds no change. i can get the machine to cycle with the jackpot reset but it will eventually get back to 65-1 after 11 cycles of the one credit button.
Scot

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:13:27 PM »
The next step would be to try clearing it with a clear chip but if you use it and it works AND you have a bill validator you would need a set chip also.
After that I would suspect a bad EEPROM on your backplane board.

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Where is best place to get clear and set chip set then?
Scot

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:37:24 PM »
Is this what i need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/252684689583
IGT S-PLUS CPU CLEAR AND BV SET UP CHIPS with instructions.
[/size]Thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »
That is one source. If they don't work then you definitely have a bad EEPROM on the backplane board. Assuming your battery is fresh, a low battery could be another issue causubg your problem.

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »
Ok got the Chips in today. Battery measures sold 3.62 volts. Gonna try the Chips.

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
Ok did the Ram clear re installed the the Game Prom/SP chip. Front display is at 61 when I press test button nothing happens. What do i do Now?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »
Ok did the Ram clear re installed the the Game Prom/SP chip. Front display is at 61 when I press test button nothing happens. What do i do Now?

At 61, you should press and hold the self test button for about five seconds, then it should change to 61-1.  If it does, then close and latch the door, then turn and release the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:19 PM »
what sp chip are you using?   check and see if you have a belly door switch and a cash can switch.  BYPASS THEM BOTH IF THEY ARE NOT.  when you were turning the jackpot reset switch, you were in the book keeping mode. at the end of the book keeping mode you go back to the game ready mode. any tilts will show up there.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »
Ok, held the test button no change. still 61 code displayed, did not change to 61-1. tried to close door and jackpot key to cycle through and still no change to 61-1 just returns to 61 after ten turns.
I am using an SP922 chip, that was in the machine when i got it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 04:13:02 PM by zinger1974 »

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
Not sure on the switches, or how to bypass them, or what the tilt codes are. any assistance here is welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Scot

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »
Just want to be sure. The test button you are pushing, is it very tiny and next to or behind the on/off toggle switch? We have had some push a cherry switch that is very large and usually has no wires on it. You can trace the wires from the test button down to the mother board. I have found them unplugged before.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
Yes, it is the small what white switch next to the power toggle inside. I will check the wires leading down to the mother board tomorrow when i get down to the office.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »
When you press the test button does the display blink out momentarily then go back to 61?
Could be a bad EEPROM on the backplane board.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:39 AM »
when you open the cash can door, there was a switch mounted in one of two places, underneath the lock opening, or mounted to the right side wall of the housing.  if still hooked up to the switch,  remove from the switch and cut the ends off, strip the wires and twist them together. 

pictures of your machine and the cash can area will help. 

codes are located on a decal that is applied to the lamp assembly mounted on the door.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline zinger1974

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »
Still no change wires appear to be hooked up so maybe my test button is bad. I will post pictures of my machine a bit later.
Thanks for the assistance so far.
Scot

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Have you tried clearing it with a clear chip? I just did a service call where the 61 would not go away and a clear chip fixed it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal