New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fireball lights  (Read 2117 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Fireball lights
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
Hey guys, after 2+ years of searching and waiting I finally pieced together a Fireball game kit but I seem to be having a little trouble with the lamps that backlight the fireballs on the award glass for the bonus (see pic). I've got a light harness (not the correct one) that plugs into the 9 pin plug inside the top box that I thought for sure I could get to work since most all light assemblies I've seen for 5500/6000's used that same 9 pin plug. I got the old trusty multimeter out and set about trying to determine which pins were being used for said lights but I'm not getting any voltage that would correspond to the bonus lamps. There is voltage present on a couple of pins but it's full time, I would assume the correct voltage should switch from pin to pin as the light are supposed to randomly (and quickly) flash around between the three fireball bonus amounts until the spin is complete. If you get the bonus you win the amount that's lit up. So now I'm wondering if the voltage could be originating from someplace else inside the machine and not through the 9 pin plug at all. Anybody know? Advice?
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Fireball lights
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »
Just a thought, but wouldn't the harness have to come from the MPU or bonus control board if it has such a thing? Like on IGT Barcrest games where it's controlled by the backplane board on the top box bonus device

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
Just a thought, but wouldn't the harness have to come from the MPU or bonus control board if it has such a thing? Like on IGT Barcrest games where it's controlled by the backplane board on the top box bonus device

Well I'm not familiar with anything IGT but I'll try to be as informative as possible. The 9 pin plug inside the top box is part of the umbilical which I believe connects to the backplane that the mpu plugs into. There is no bonus control board that I'm aware of however I once had a S6000 game that had winnable bonus spins and the award glass had a digital display that would count down how many free spins remained. The wire harness for that digital counter actually connected to a plug on the credit/win board. I would have liked to have taken voltage measurements from that particular plug but I couldn't with the door open so no help there. I'll keep trying, hopefully I'll figure it out..

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »
Yeah, sorry, sounds like a whole different animal than what IGT does

Offline Slotski

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Slotski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »
I have the same machine. It used to work but I have not had it on in awhile. I have to go out of town tomorrow but when I get back I can check out the wiring if you still haven't got it working. Let me know Mon or Tuesday if you need me to do that.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
I have the same machine. It used to work but I have not had it on in awhile. I have to go out of town tomorrow but when I get back I can check out the wiring if you still haven't got it working. Let me know Mon or Tuesday if you need me to do that.

Yes that would be great, thanks!

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
I'm back, do you need me to do any checking?

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 05:13:40 PM »
I'm back, do you need me to do any checking?

Yes please, I need to know if the fireball lights harness plugs into the backplane board or if it plugs into the 9 pin molex plug hanging inside the top box.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »
If it plugs into the backplane board I need the part# of the harness, if it plugs into the 9 pin molex I need to know which color wire of the 9 pin the 50 light hooks up to. Thanks!

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
It plugs into the 9 pin in the top box. The 50 light is grey with yellow tracer and it goes to pin 7 on the molex. The light harness has p/n E-537-7721B.   CA-382. Hope this helps.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know. I had all the other lights figured out but I couldn't seem to find the pin that triggers the light for 50. The info you've provided confirms that the wire that activates the 50 light is not working in my machine. I've already confirmed the integrity of the wire from the 9 pin all the way to the plug the interfaces with the backplane so the problem must be either with the mpu I'm using or possibly the backplane board. I'll swap in another mpu and see if it works properly. I hope that'll do it.

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »
Ok, good luck! Glad to be some help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal