New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My IGT S2000 and My Newbie Questions  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Conquistador

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Conquistador New User has no influence.
  • NLG
My IGT S2000 and My Newbie Questions
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »
New user with new to me machine and my questions. This is my first experience with these things so I am as green as they come. I have good mechanical capabilities and almost no electronic experience or capabilities. I have perused the forum to see what I could pick up and now I'm out to pick the minds of those who know.

A picture of my circuit board (whatever you call it) is attached to help you help me figure out what I have and what I am doing. I see the battery that I was asked about and would prefer to keep it. If regular replacement is best to prevent leakage and corrosion I can do that. I would like to obtain the keys to clear and set other parameters so I have them if and when I need them. If anyone could help me identify and procure them that would be great.

BTW, I do have bulletin board experience so I understand the etiquette as it pertains to those other boards, if I need correction here, like putting a thread or post in a different place, please point me in the right direction. I'm usually pretty well behaved so you shouldn't have to put me in jail.   :dancing_2:

Thanks in advance for your help and patience,
Mark

Edit, I'll add a pic of the machine here too, if it lets me.

Edit #2: Here is a better picture, hope it works.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:20:19 AM by Conquistador »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: My IGT S2000 and My Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »
New user with new to me machine and my questions. This is my first experience with these things so I am as green as they come. I have good mechanical capabilities and almost no electronic experience or capabilities. I have perused the forum to see what I could pick up and now I'm out to pick the minds of those who know.

A picture of my circuit board (whatever you call it) is attached to help you help me figure out what I have and what I am doing. I see the battery that I was asked about and would prefer to keep it. If regular replacement is best to prevent leakage and corrosion I can do that. I would like to obtain the keys to clear and set other parameters so I have them if and when I need them. If anyone could help me identify and procure them that would be great.

BTW, I do have bulletin board experience so I understand the etiquette as it pertains to those other boards, if I need correction here, like putting a thread or post in a different place, please point me in the right direction. I'm usually pretty well behaved so you shouldn't have to put me in jail.   :dancing_2:

Thanks in advance for your help and patience,
Mark

Edit, I'll add a pic of the machine here too, if it lets me.

Hi again Mark. You're doing great. The green Varta battery has already been removed from your board. The "coin cell" battery (which is still on yours) needs to remain. It will have to be changed occasionally, but isn't the danger, the other battery would be. The board is called an MPU or CPU either is correct. If you refer to it with one of those, everyone will understand. Our vendors on the home page should have the key and clear chips, you will need. Also there is a key, number 2341, that goes in the right side above the arm, you will need if you don't have that. Instructions on use should come with the key chip and clear chip. If that time comes and you're unsure, just ask. This the correct forum for your machine. We haven't had to put anybody in slot machine jail for a while.  :arrowthruhead: When I post pics, I download them as Rockgpsman said, to my computer, then upload them. I don't downsize them first and mine always come through fine. Get your chips and jackpot reset key and you are ready to go. It's called a jackpot reset key but is also used for other functions. Hope this helps.

Dave

And just in case......

"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Thanks for all that, Dave. I do have that jackpot reset key and 1 manual for it. I toyed around with it a little and saw some of the things that I could check and change with it. There is too much and my personal RAM too full or non functional to take it all in at once and remember it. What gets me the most is when I find something and remember that it's in there somewhere then I can't find it again...needle in the haystack. I go check with vendors for key.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
You said you are wanting to get a key or keys, but I'm not sure about which key you mean.

If you mean the "Jackpot Reset" key here is a recent discussion thread about that and some places to get one.

<click this green colored link below>
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=15169.msg80924#msg80924

This Reset key (or jackpot reset key) inserts into the keyswitch on the same side of the machine that the pull handle is on. The is the key that is commonly called a "2341" key because that is the number of the key that is most often used.

The key for the door lock is also located on the same side of the machine, but it is lower down and closer to the front of the machine. That is a different key.

There is also a process of Clearing the machine (erasing old data and settings stored in memory), I think that is sometimes called "keying" or "chip keying". Maybe that is what you mean? On your mpu board (the main circuit board that controls everything) there are some sockets that have chips installed into them. One of the chips can be carefully removed and a Key chip or Clear chip is inserted. This process shouldn't be done unless it is needed and you will need to understand what it does.

Also, when I mentioned earlier that posting photos is best if the photos are not huge I didn't mean to imply you needed to shrink them down too much. After you post a photo go back and read your post and view your photo, if it is kinda small that makes it hard to see any details, so it is ok to make the photo bigger. You can play around with it and find a nice size that isn't huge but still big enough to show what needs to be seen. You can edit or make changes to a post/comment you have made, including changing the photos that are attached, by clicking where it says "Modify" near the upper right of your post.

You did good getting those photos posted. Don't worry too much about breaking a rule, folks here are pretty friendly and give extra help and understanding to newbies that are still getting things figured out. If you happen to do something that would be better done another way someone will ask or say something.

Glad to see you here!

I have enlarged your photos and reposted them here, just to give an example of how making them bigger lets more details be seen. But the photo of the machine isn't very sharp when enlarged.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:03:24 AM »
I am not sure that I know how to make those pictures bigger, maybe when I sent them to myself through the iPhone I clicked on too small of a size? I didn't want to hog up too much space here. I'll play with it and see what I get. I would like to loosen up the payout and from looking around that is done with a key chip, clear chip not necessary. I am also thinking forward that if I find another game title I might want to buy the kit and change it up once in a while. I do not know what is needed to do that but was thinking that if a clear chip was necessary it would be nice to have on hand. I'm also kind of funny about these things, I like to acquire everything that I can for my stuff so that further down the line I have it if it's needed and no longer available. i e I neglected to get some software stuff for my Garmin aviation GPS and they subsequently discontinued it and I have been unable to find it. There are other instances as well but not to bore you all with them. I do have the jackpot key and have looked at some of what it does.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
Yes, do try selecting different photo sizes on your iphone, see how that affects it, pick one that is somewhere in the middle of the range it offers. You should be able to find a good size to use. If the photo turns out extremely large you can edit your posting and substitute another photo that is a little smaller. Don't worry too much about getting it perfect.

I'm more familiar with the older IGT S+ machines than your S2000. But to change the game I think you will need to change the reel strips, the glass on the front of the machine, and the game software that is in the game chips installed on your mpu board. It isn't hard, just have to get the parts. I think you can even use game theme parts from an S+ machine on your S2000. The reel strips are made of vinyl/plastic, they wrap around the outside of the reel (wheel) and attach to it with adhesive or tape. Depending on cost some people leave the reel strips on the reels and change out the entire set of reels if they change the game theme, store the old reels & strips somewhere for when they want to change it back. Or sell them and the glass to someone that wants those parts.

The S2000 machines are still new enough and they made so many of them that you shouldn't have much of a problem finding parts for it for quite a while. Some games are more obscure than others, so it can be harder to find specific things like glass or reel strips, depending on the game theme you are looking for.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:27:48 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 10:40:38 AM »
That is a 500 series MPU the best clear and Key combination would  be a Clear 224 and a Key 45 since it will work on 500 and 1270 type MPUs. But clear 97 and Key 17 or key 31 will also work just fine on your machine.
Look at the stickyed topics within this board  and you will find instructions on using Key and Clear chips.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »
To answer your question regarding game changes.  A clear is not usually required and neither is a key.  When you change the game software it will come up with a couple of errors which can be cleared by turning the jackpot reset key and/or the mpu reset button which is next to the leds.  The clear is RARELY ever used and it's use is discouraged (only used in extreme cases) as you will have to setup the game from scratch.  The key chip is typically used to change holdback percentages and setup TITO (so your machine can accept printed tickets).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
PM sent
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
Much thanks for all the help, this is by far the most responsive site I have participated it. I will, no doubt, have more questions and quests and will reach out to you for help. If I can figure out how to change the header to 'solved' I'll do that for now. I hope to be around to participate for a good while.

Mark

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 05:23:12 AM »
OK, I updated the picture to the best of my abilities. It is much clearer and more recognizable.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
yes, the updated photo looks much better, I think you got it figured out.

So, your machine works ok, you're just thinking about making some changes to it?

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 06:04:41 AM »
It's working OK, I want to see what changing the odds does. I also have the time to spend and like to know how my stuff operates and how to fix it and I will be doing a lot of reading on others' issues and how they tackle them.Who knows, I might have come across a new obsession.
   :Excessive_Drool:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 07:40:50 AM »
It's an addiction and your already hooked. Won't be long now before you add to your collection. These things will multiply before you know it you will be making room for more.  :rotfl:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
It's working OK, I want to see what changing the odds does. I also have the time to spend and like to know how my stuff operates and how to fix it and I will be doing a lot of reading on others' issues and how they tackle them.Who knows, I might have come across a new obsession.
   :Excessive_Drool:

I think you will find that changing the odds, does not really make that much of a noticeable difference.  The only way to get more "action" is to go to more paylines (by changing the theme).  You will get more spins that pay, but they will pay less than what you bet, but since you hear the winning credit sound, you think you are doing better.  That is why a lot of us get hooked and start buying kits left and right to get the variety.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »
I can see adding kits as soon as I see something that looks nice. It is a 5 line game so it gives plenty of action. My friends all want me to pay but right now it turns $20 into $xxx.00's and I can't afford that. Playing and just winning gets old if there's no chance of a payout. If I could get it to break even I'd be happy with it and I understand the long term of it. So...if I tool with the odds and get it to something agreeable to all it would be great. I got it set up better for now, thanks to the information disseminated on this site.  :applause: And we shall see how it goes. Now if I could only get them to bring their own beer.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
If your friends agree to leave the money they lose in the machine then you should be able to pay them when they win. After all, that's the way these machines work and how the casinos make their money, the house always wins in the long run. You may have to pay a jackpot now and then but all the smaller losses you get to keep will add up to be a larger amount. Even on a machine set to something like 94% player payback percentage the house still wins. Most players take any winnings and play it right back into the machine.

You probably are aware, most states (probably all) don't allow private gambling, so if you are doing this for real it will need to be kept discreet. In the past the authorities have taken machines from owners and charges can be brought against you. All it takes is one unhappy player to call and report you, so be smart about it. It isn't uncommon for poker players to have friendly games playing for real money or someone at the workplace to run a betting pool on something like the NCAA college basketball tournament. But something about having an actual working Vegas-style slot machine often causes the authorities to take avid interest.

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »
Yep, I know and understand. The best way to get in hot water would be to clean someone's pocket book out and have an angry spouse on the loose. Additionally, business is business but friends is friends and a friend wouldn't do that to a friend...at least not in my circle. I do appreciate the information.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
I can see adding kits as soon as I see something that looks nice. It is a 5 line game so it gives plenty of action. My friends all want me to pay but right now it turns $20 into $xxx.00's and I can't afford that. Playing and just winning gets old if there's no chance of a payout. If I could get it to break even I'd be happy with it and I understand the long term of it. So...if I tool with the odds and get it to something agreeable to all it would be great. I got it set up better for now, thanks to the information disseminated on this site.  :applause: And we shall see how it goes. Now if I could only get them to bring their own beer.

Did you see this discussion thread about changing an S2000 to a different game theme?

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=15278.msg81535#msg81535

Offline Conquistador

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 04:31:53 AM »
Did you see this discussion thread about changing an S2000 to a different game theme?

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=15278.msg81535#msg81535

I did, I did and I'm keeping up on it. I also perused the FS ads and saw some kits that have sold recently. It is not too expensive to make a switch. I like the game I have now but could see wanting some variety and changing it after a while. I do have a question (just one for now) on making a change. Is that center glass part of a kit or is it a stand alone piece? It looks like in many cases it's a generic piece but in some it looks like the colors match the theme of the bottom glass and the top glass. (OK, two questions) Can all games be set up for any number of lines? I did see the number of coins as a setting in the menu, which leads me to believe that in many cases the number of lines is a variable.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:03:03 AM by Conquistador »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal