New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can I set this for token play  (Read 4084 times)

Offline hammer0422

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • hammer0422 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Can I set this for token play
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Thanks for all the help with my first post. I did buy the machine,paid $150 . Everything works .. Would like to set it for tokens ( I have over 2000 of them in my Bally machine )  Is this something I could do .. Thanks for any info
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:13:06 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Can I set this for token play
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »
If it has the old-school mechanical coin acceptor (non-electronic) then you may have to swap it out with a different one or remove the magnet, depending on model of the mech. You may need to determine if the Bally tokens you want to use in this machine are magnetic type or not. If you can read the mfr of your coin acceptor or maybe post a clearer well-lit photo of it we can give better advice. Thanks!

I lightened your photo some so I could see details better. Looks like it is an Imonex mechanical coin acceptor, That's a good brand but I don't know the details on making it work with tokens. Have you already tried your Bally tokens in it?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:37 PM »
If it had a coin comparitor similar to this one shown below you just insert a token in place of the coin. If it has the old-school mechanical coin acceptor (non-electronic) then you may have to swap it out with a different one or remove the magnet, depending on model of the mech. You may need to determine if the Bally tokens you want to use in this machine are magnetic type or not. If you can read the mfr of your coin acceptor or maybe post a clearer well-lit photo of it we can give better advice. Thanks!

Example electronic coin comparitor below:
he has a imonex  type 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »
yes, I was able to retouch his photo and see it better so edited my post as your comment got posted. Do you know if it will work with tokens, maybe need to make an adjustment or remove a magnet? A question similar to this came up about a week ago and the OP was able to use tokens by removing the magnet from the coin mech.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 07:20:34 PM »
he,ll have to get another rejector for tokens the right size those imonex don't adjust

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Your imonex acceptor should have a number on the back side of it,  if its a quarter type only, then it will only accept quarters .   they did make a unit that would accept .900 through .984 .    your hopper will work on .984 tokens with no changes.  American quarters are .950.   

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline hammer0422

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 10:56:29 PM »
Thanks I figured it out . I moved the screw ( Red Arrow 1st pic ) over just enough for the token to fall through , everything works great .. thanks for all the help

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
Nice Universal, good theme.  :yes:
Your machine has the 8800 board in it. Harder to find than the 8116. Check the board battery and make sure it is not leaking acid on the board. Replace if needed.

Jim

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Your machine has the 8800 board in it. Harder to find than the 8116. Check the board battery and make sure it is not leaking acid on the board. Replace if needed.

Jim

Ok, I give up UNIMAN, how does one know it has the 8800 board from the photos shown, is that the only board used on this theme or cabinet style? Just looking for some learnin'.   :wave:

Offline hammer0422

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 09:36:09 PM »
UNIMAN do you have a link for a manual for this machine? thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »

Jim

Ok, I give up UNIMAN, how does one know it has the 8800 board from the photos shown, is that the only board used on this theme or cabinet style? Just looking for some learnin'.   :wave:

It's the dollar bill validator. The 8116 was not able to incorporate the dollar bill validator. Universal introduced the 8800 board around 1999 Opps, 1989. It had a sub-board to handle BV's.
I have a little info on the MARS BV, but nothing in computer format. Have nothing on the 8800 board.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:15:04 PM by UNIMAN »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 10:48:22 AM »

ok, good to know, thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal