New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal "FIERY DOUBLES" Slot Machine is not working!!!  (Read 24880 times)

Offline luv2video

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • luv2video New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Universal "FIERY DOUBLES" Slot Machine is not working!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »
2 quick notes & I will do the dip switches tonight...

1st - The metal plaque on the outside of my machine(behind the pull handle) says it's a 1994 machine, if that helps any...

2nd - PLEASE... GO on & on!!! I wanna learn everything you can teach me about my machine & others...

Thanks Again, David

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 07:19:28 PM »
A lot of times with Universals the pieces in the machine have come from different machines. Yours appears all original. The door button deck, the holey hopper, and the 8116-A3 board are all mid 90's. Earlier machines had the 8116-A2 board. Biggest visable difference between the A2 and A3 are the two red switches in the middle of the board. At this time I don't know what they are for. Think I have an A3 in storage, need to trace those switches.
Oh yeah, the Fiery Doubles is 1990's too.
1994 is the year the Ultra Series came out. Your lucky you don't have one of those! A real pain sometimes!

Let's get this thing 100% functional!

Offline luv2video

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2015, 02:38:43 AM »
Awesome!!! Just let me know what you need from me...

Another thing that might help you to know is that both on the front of the MPU case & on the hopper, there are little stickers that say 5 cents. So I think my machine might have been a nickel slot machine originally...

About the dip switches... I turned #6 back on & reset & got TILT with codes 31 & 50... Then turned #6 off & #5 on & reset & it went back to working like before & still spiting out 1 extra quarter most of the time...

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 06:32:42 AM »
In order to convert a nickle hopper to a quarter hopper you need to switch out several parts including the wheel, spacers, and knife. Seems like a nickle hopper would not dispense quarters as they are larger. Hmmm. The wheel looks like a quarter wheel.  :Scratch-Head:

Take off the black plastic cover off (circled in pic) and take a picture of what is behind it. Let's see what the knife looks like.

Offline luv2video

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2015, 04:06:55 PM »
Ok, here you go. Is this what you needed to see? & is it the little 25 cents at the bottom corner that you needed to check?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »
Actually, that is the first Holey Hopper that I've seen with the demonination stamped on it! But it does say quarter, 25c.

Try this, look at my pic and see if you can slide a quarter past the roller and knife. In other words, is there enough space for a quarter to slide thru without the roller lifting?

I'm going, right now,  to my storage unit and take a look at my Holey Hoppers.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 06:32:30 PM »
Got back from my storage unit. I have only newer one dollar and five dollar Holey Hoppers.
First thing I noticed is the spring on the roller looks like a weak replacement on your hopper. Make sure it springs back strong, should snap back after being lifted. See pics.

Second thing to check is the motor brake. Try rotating the wheel counterclockwise like it does when dispensing coins. You should not be able to turn it.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
Your motor brake is different than mine but this arrow in the pic points to it. When the motor is powered the brake releases, when power is off it should catch and stop the motor. You should not be able to turn the wheel counterclockwise by hand with power off.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:20 PM »
Looking back at your pics I see the brake release. It is the plate with the red arrow pointing at it. The two copper wires (white arrow) draw the release in when powered and it pulls the brake away from the motor shaft. Push the release in and the coin wheel should spin free, release it and wheel should lock up. The brake catches a small white plastic cam on the shaft.

I wouldn't stick my fingers in there when the hopper has power!

Offline luv2video

• NLG
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 02:31:49 AM »
Ok, I'm back. So lets figure this problem out!!!

1st, I tried sliding a quarter past the roller & knife. No, there was not enough room to slide it thru...

2nd, My spring is real strong & it snaps right back...

3rd, Cannot move it counterclockwise at all...

4th, The motor brake is released when powered ON & stops the motor when powered OFF...

5th, The 2 copper wires seem to work/do as they are supposed too.

It still spits out 1 extra quarter MOST of the time.
Where do I go next???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:34:51 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:13 PM »
Wow, a real stumper!
Works like this;
1. You press cashout for say, 10 coins in credit meter.
2. 8116-A3 MPU sends signal to hopper relay board activating relay sending 110v to hopper motor.
3. Hopper motor spins, coins dispensed.
4. Optics detect each coin sending signal to MPU.
5. MPU receives 10 counts from optics releases signal to hopper relay board, relay deactivates, motor stops.

We checked all physical reasons that could cause overpay. Let's look at electronic reasons.
The little green board in the hopper has a Hertz switch that has two choices, 50hz or 60hz. Make sure yours is set to 60hz. (If it was set to 50hz, this maybe your problem, not sure what 50hz setting would do, set it to 60hz and try it)
There is a switch on the back of the board, leave that one alone, it has to do with hopper overfill.
My hopper relay board for Ultra Series Uni's is part #1P950026. See if yours is the same part number.

If set at 60hz it still overpays then I would suspect the relay is just not releasing fast enough and you need a new hopper board. You will have a better chance to find another hopper than just the relay board, maybe the older green standard hopper.

You should be able to unplug connectors to the board and it unsnaps out for examination.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
This thread is marked TOPIC SOLVED
but I didn't see the resolution or what it took to fix the machine.  :Scratch-Head:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:17 AM »
This thread is marked TOPIC SOLVED
but I didn't see the resolution or what it took to fix the machine.  :Scratch-Head:

I marked this "Topic Solved" This Topic was answered in reply #22 and reply #41. Adding other questions
only adds to the confusion of non working machine making it hard to find answers in the future. I would
suggest a series of other questions needs to be under a new topic for future reference.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal