New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE+ "Hold" button issues, any ideas?  (Read 8650 times)

Offline RILaw

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • RILaw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
PE+ "Hold" button issues, any ideas?
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:27:44 PM »
Ok, I rebuilt the monitor and did other repairs on this PE+ Bonus Poker slant top a while back and was having an issue with the hold buttons working, gave up and let it collect dust.  Just jumped back in and did the following:cleaned contacts on molex for door harness, sprayed contact cleaner in as well. Pulled board, reseated all plugs...checked grounds on buttons, checked each switch with dmm.  Had them all working in test just now, closed door and only #2 works, back to test screen and only #2 is working... I'm about to start a barn fire with this cab, any ideas??

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:57:44 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: PE+ "Hold" button issues, any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:27:14 PM »
I had the same problem. I resolved mine by is disconnecting and reconnecting each wire on all the switches. The terminals on the switches are oxidized from age and lose there connection.

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
I actually did that and replaced two switches, also crimped the connectors tighter....Will try cleaning the switch contacts..Thx

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 06:14:06 PM »
If they were all working in the self-test, and then aren't working when you closed the door, you could have a pinched wire that's getting shorted out when the door physically moves.  Try them in the self test again, then try them in various positions of the door being open or partway closed to see if they still work.  One of my PE+ machines is a little finnicky like that sometimes.

An added bonus is that the switches are wired in series, so if there's a problem with one switch, it becomes a problem on other switches wired in the same series.  If one switch is working, carefully check/reseat the wiring on the working switch and the switches immediately next to the working switch.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:39:19 PM by knagl »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 06:20:05 PM »
Will do, thanks...Checked all wires for damage and pinching, nothing.  Must be one of the switch connections, #2 always works, a few others work sometimes, and the others don't work at all.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
Being a slant too machines you need to consider how many drinks and other dirt may have gone into and thru those switches. Have you taken your buttons off and cleaned them by taking them apart? It's possible you have a cherry switch sticking closed. When I bought my Game King Slant Top, i did just that. My buttons were slow and sticking. Once cleaned they worked like new. You could also just replace your buttons with newer ones with led bulbs.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »
I've definitely had that on other machines, but no, had my Dmm(digital multi meter) on each cherry switch, all cycled good. Must be a flaky connection on one leg, I'm going to see if I have time before work today to clean all the legs of the switches and see what happens.  This machine was a mouse condo, so sprucing it up with new buttons is out, just want to see if I can save her from a trip to the dump.

Thank You

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »
Well, I think she is FIXED (fingers crossed)  :hail:  :propeller:

All switch contacts were black, steel wooled them silver again and squeezed the connected ends a bit for tight fit.  Fired her up and......No Hold buttons worked  :duh:  Fiddled with hold one and two, now they worked.  Crimped 1 and 2 connecters, now all Hold buttons are working.....Hope they stay that way!  Thank You guys!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:27 AM »
That's great news.  Fingers crossed for you!
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 10:16:25 PM »
Yeaaaa.... Topic not solved..

Went to try this since last time before I cleaned it up,  no hold buttons worked.   Checked all connections,  seated,  repeated etc.... Now,  just #5 won't work no matter what.   Think I need another harness,  this one is cursed!

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »
I would suggest a new set of switches (with LED !!) first ,  as the contacts inside could be oxidized/corroded and cause this issue.

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
I would suggest a new set of switches (with LED !!) first ,  as the contacts inside could be oxidized/corroded and cause this issue.

Already swapped them out with another set all with clean contacts.... Same issues ...no issue with lights

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »

Already swapped them out with another set all with clean contacts.... Same issues ...no issue with lights
Do you have a picture of the slant top? I parted out a bar top machine a while back and I might have the buttons switches and wiring.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
Sry for the delay..

Here is a shot of it..

Just tried her again... #5 still dead,  #3 and #4 were flakey but work.... It seems like a bad contact but I have filed/cleaned every One,  recrimped them as well and all are wired correctly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:01:27 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
I would check the wire harness from your buttons back up the door and down. Look for a possible area bends alot or could get pinched when the door opens and closes. There should be a plug connector just inside the machine where the door harness would plug in. Make sure that's tight.
When you push number 5 do you hear the switch click?
What I have for parts came off a bar top game. I need to find where I put them to see if the look comparable.
Do your switches snap tight into the buttons? If they don't, then it could not work. There is only a small part of the button that operates the switch, and if they don't line up, your button will not operate. I have seen machine where they had small zip ties wrapped around switches to keep them from moving
And remember...

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
I would check the wire harness from your buttons back up the door and down. Look for a possible area bends alot or could get pinched when the door opens and closes. There should be a plug connector just inside the machine where the door harness would plug in. Make sure that's tight.
When you push number 5 do you hear the switch click?
What I have for parts came off a bar top game. I need to find where I put them to see if the look comparable.
Do your switches snap tight into the buttons? If they don't, then it could not work. There is only a small part of the button that operates the switch, and if they don't line up, your button will not operate. I have seen machine where they had small zip ties wrapped around switches to keep them from moving

Pulled harness,  checked entire thing,  pulled every switch and cleaned contacts /recrimped ends.   Tested all switches while in and out of buttons.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 11:25:24 AM »
Have you taken the plastic buttons apart and washed them?  They get year's of  dust and drinks  in them  and when you press the button  it doesn't  depress far enough to activate the  micro switch.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
pulled every switch and cleaned contacts

This has me a little confused^^? Did you spray the cherry switches with something? I have had those switches sound good, but when checked with a VOM they were not working or worked only 50% of the time.. They are cheap and easy to find..

Fixed a broken quote box.  -knagl
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:25:43 PM by knagl »
And remember...

Offline RILaw

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
No spray,  just filed off contact area... Tested all with DMM and were Good,  swapped a few out for new ones for the hell of it,  sprayed main molex with contact cleaner but issue is at the switch wiring.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 11:50:46 AM »
Have you taken the plastic buttons apart and washed them?  They get year's of  dust and drinks  in them  and when you press the button  it doesn't  depress far enough to activate the  micro switch.

I agree.. Those buttons do get nasty.. I take then apart and soak them in a warm bucket of Lysol to kill any thing living in or on them..

I was rereading this from the start again.. You said that it was a mouse condo.. Have you trying to unplug and reseat your plugs on the mother board? It's sounding more like a bad plug connection some where?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:22:54 PM by Amechanic »
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal