New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Add Headphone Jack to Alpha 2 Pro Machine  (Read 2005 times)

Offline tommyxv

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • tommyxv New User has no influence.
    • Slot Machine Forum
Add Headphone Jack to Alpha 2 Pro Machine
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:32:06 PM »
Any idea how I can a headphone jack?  I would prefer to have it look like the factory one if I can which I assume I need a new front plate. I will drill my own hole if the plates are not available.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
Re: Add Headphone Jack to Alpha 2 Pro Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
I found a 3.5mm jack mounted next to the audio board.  I plugged in a set of headphones but I got nothing.
Looks the the wiring is there for the headphone jack, maybe even a power cable to light it up like the factory one.

So maybe I don't have the right audio board then?  I see many V22/22's that have the headphone jack so I can;t image that I need an audio board that is for the surround sound chair setup.  I've never seen a v22/22 with a surround sound chair before.

The board is a PCA220107-0-0 which comes up as a 5.1 surround sound board when I do a search on it.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:12:30 PM by tommyxv »

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
Mine has the same empty jack your does, but I do have the lighted audio headphone jack in mine. Hard to trace where the wiring for that jack goes since it's pretty tight space they have it stuffed into but it has to come from the molex that goes to the speakers.  Maybe post a pic of yours and I will compare to see if it has extra wires.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 08:23:25 AM »
Mine has the same empty jack your does, but I do have the lighted audio headphone jack in mine. Hard to trace where the wiring for that jack goes since it's pretty tight space they have it stuffed into but it has to come from the molex that goes to the speakers.  Maybe post a pic of yours and I will compare to see if it has extra wires.

After looking at the cables diagrams again, that empty jack looks to be the analog audio input. :( Unfortunately the manual that I have does not have the cables and boards info for systems WITH the headphone jack.  If someone has one that does, please let me know. 

By looking at the diagrams (without headphone support) I don't think the front panel headphone jack wiring will come from the 10 pin speaker molex.  It should be in the same cable coming from the audio board's 16 pin connector which the 10 pin speaker molex branches off of. 

Can you take some pics of the back side of your front panel headphone jack?  I want to see how the LED power and audio connections look.  That might help me trace the wires.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »
Maybe post a pic of yours and I will compare to see if it has extra wires.

Here is a pic of the connector that goes to the speaker.
If you have extra wires there then that could be it.

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
It's the same as yours so sound for the headphones comes from the MPU then.  Can't take a pic behind it, too much stuff in the way.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 08:55:36 AM »
It's the same as yours so sound for the headphones comes from the MPU then.  Can't take a pic behind it, too much stuff in the way.

Which MPU do you have?  I have the one with no audio jacks.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:42 AM »

No way to take a pic of the back side of that front panel jack?  Maybe just a top view?

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »
Here is a pic of the lighted audio jack assemblies-May help.  I can see if I have the factory harness next week if you want. 

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »

Does not  matter either CPU provides the sound to the headphone jack.  See attached pics.  Looks like grey cable goes to the jack from the board on the lower left side of the cabinet next to the power supply.

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »
Here is a pic of the lighted audio jack assemblies-May help.  I can see if I have the factory harness next week if you want.

Thanks for the pic.  Yes, if you have one (and any other parts needed), that would be great.  Thanks!

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »

Does not  matter either CPU provides the sound to the headphone jack.  See attached pics.  Looks like grey cable goes to the jack from the board on the lower left side of the cabinet next to the power supply.

Looks like I have this cable. It's yellow and yellow/blue though.  (v22/32)  It was just hanging inside on the left side.
I'll have to check for any other unused cables over there.  Might be possible to add it after all if 777sizzler have any extra parts for it.   :thank_you:

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »
Looks like I have two connectors coming from the same cable which looks like it also goes to the speaker cable.  Not 100% on that yet.  Have to cut some cable ties and trace them.  I'll check them with my meter but they are probably power and not audio cables. 

Offline tommyxv

• Slot Machine Forum
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
I think I have all the cables in place. I found this 4 pin plug that look just like the one coming off the headphone jack assembly. The 2 pin plug I believe is power for the head phone jack board.

I may just need the jack assemblies.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal