New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Dbl Fortune - Stumped w/coin comparator  (Read 3129 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Universal Dbl Fortune - Stumped w/coin comparator
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »
I just picked this machine up to tinker with & figured it was a parts machine at best due to the bad neglected shape it was. Thanks to reading post from the past Ive got it up & running to my amazement. It also cleaned up pretty nice with some parts & TLC . This is my first ever Universal machine, so they are new to me & I'm green.

The problem I can't figure out is the coin comparator. It came with one that's obviously not for this machine as pictured/left entry left drop? All the coin comparators I have & that I've ever seen all take coins in to the left & drop left unless rejected. On this $5 machine the coin entry/coin head is to the right of the frame as pictured & it drops down to the optics left? You can't move the coin entry either? Totally Stumped :Scratch-Head:   I think this is easy & I'm just not seeing clearly or maybe not?

Does anybody know what coin comparator I need for this machine or where I can find one? Ive taken the comparator out & have been opening the door to drop coins through the optics to get credits built up to play

There is no model number or date on the tag. The reel strips are marked 1987, so I'm guessing late 80's
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:09:55 AM by danatlvc »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Universal Dbl Fortune - Stumped w/coin comparator
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:41:05 AM »
Uniman is the expert here on NLG for the Universals machines. Shoot him a PM.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:45:32 AM »
By chance will the comparitor fit in there turned around ?

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:12:53 AM »
I'd thought of that, but then it will not go into the optic drop left? This is very Strange & of something I've never come across

Update: I put it in the other way & it took the coin out to the tray. I then plugged in the wire to it & it shot it down to the left like it should - COOL :duh: :drool04: :hail: I never thought it would direct the coin to the opposite side put in backward? Live I lean I do  :yes:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:15:38 AM by danatlvc »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »
The comparitor in the pic looked correct minus the sample coin and a cover over the little circuit board. For a $5 machine you use a CC-16 Wide Body comparitor. It is extra wide because of the size of $5 tokens.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:52:39 AM »
Thanks for the help,
I'm using $1 tokens because I can't find any $5 sized tokens in bulk anywhere. I put a small wedge on the hopper knife to lift the coins high enough to click the counter switch. The down fall is the coins are not large enough for the coin divert arm that comes down to divert them into the hopper when paid, so it overpays 1 to 3 coins every time. Do you happen to know where I can get a $1 pinwheel/shelf wheel or how to mickey it to divert coins back into the hopper?
Thanks Much, Dan

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
I do not have many parts for the older Uni's. Not sure how to rig it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal