New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 891-1  (Read 11115 times)

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 891-1
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:25 PM »
Rookie Mistake. 

I got all lower pays working on multiple coins by adding tension to pay disc.   It wasnt returning all the way to zero before starting next coin pay.   
  I never took apart paydisc assembly so I just add one rev to spring by taking off at post and giving full rev. 
It did pull wipers to zero before next coin payout started counting. 
Buuuttt, on 200 coin pay the wipers could not go around twice.   Reached a point that tension was to much and ran out hopper.   
Tomorrow i am going to dissassemble properly and clean and lube.   

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »
Been there and done that before myself.. :banghead:   When you take the hopper apart, make sure the 100 tooth gear shaft is not too tight.. I have seen them swell up or the bushing shrinks. I did have to file one lightly before to get it to work correctly.. You want your spring tension as light as possible. I figure if it returns to zero on a 2 coin payout it's perfect.. I'm not 100% sure if the payout wiper boards suppose to have the contact grease or oil used on it, but I usually put a very light film on it to save the traces and wiper fingers.. OldReno would know for sure.. All I know is that it helps with having the wiper fingers get back to zero..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
2 and 1/2 turns is a good starting point.
But you need to first clean your payboard.
Be careful when pushing the spiral cam back onto the shaft of your 100 tooth gear.  Grab it firmly when you push back on so it stays in place.
Don't let spring overlap on itself.
Too much tension makes runaways on high pays.
Too little makes for short pays as hopper double steps on 1st coins out.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
Ok.   Thanks AM & OldReno.   Took apart paydisc and 100 tooth.  The paydisc had a heavy sticky film on it and the shaft going through board for spiral cam had old grease, not alot but enough. 

It is still a balancing act to get wipers to reset when paying 2 coins and able to pay 250 coins. 
OldReno - You are right about spring not overlapping on itself.  Same spring set up will be different if overlapped or not.  Thanks. 

Right now it can reset for multiple 2 coin pays.   Pays 200 coins fine.  Pays 250 alright, occassionally overpays 6-10 coins.

paydisc ok.   Hole is round, pic makes it look oval.  2 tab is a rough at edge but 2 pays work.  Getting closer to looking at credit play.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 07:25:27 PM »
6 to 10 coin overpay perhaps due to outboard wiper fingers staying on tab too long. For example on a 200 coin pay, the outboard 200 wiper needs to come off tab in the middle of the carryover (CO) which is about 170 to 180 coins. The CO is hot on every pay, you just need outboard wipers to get your inner pay fingers up to it. I did a post on the CO somewhere. Good job so far.
ALWAYS check where your wiper fingers end up at on ANY miss pay....

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
Thanks OldReno.   I will check.  I think the inboard are past CO before outers come off.  There some chattering at the end pay.  Like its trying to finish but wants to another coin or two.   

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »
Located and read explaination on CO circuit and outboards.  Going to check and set tomorrow.  Thanks. 

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 12:49:38 PM »
Adjusted all the outbaord wipers. 
Wow, what a difference.  All pays are great.  And wipers zero on 2 coin pays.

100 wiper was leaving tab before inboards made it to CO. 

200 wiper was almost in perfect sycn with end of CO.   

250 wiper was still on but almost off tab at CO that ends at 50th tooth. Thats why it was chattering while paying the extra coins. 

Thanks a lot.  I dont completely grasp something till I see 1st hand. 

Adding to adjustment/maintenance list. 

Jim

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:04:37 PM by jimliner »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:03 PM »
Good job!  You get a gold star in my notebook!

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Make sure you put a little crimp in your outboard wipers (at the bend) to make sure they have firm contact. You should hear them snap when you lift and release them.

Offline The Fatman

• Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 06:35:21 PM »
That coil is not greased up ... it is over heated. Check you fuses so you are not over fused, then remove the coil from the circuit and check the ohms for it. There is a chart that will tell you the ohms of coils online. If I knew where my chart was I would send it to you. When a coil overheats, due to a short along with over amping with a fuse thats over rated, it will overheat and burn off the insulation on the coil wires and cause an issue. Good place to start whenever I pick up a EM slot, is to check my fuses first.

Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
Thanks Dave.   I think you are right.  The other night when repeatedly running high pays with door open, I kept thinking I was seeing the reflection of an orange glow behind hopper.  Wasnt happening all the time.  Even once I used hopper extension cable and turned off most lites in basement.  Didnt see glow when i ran a high po like this.  Anyways looks like i will be checking and replacing fuses.   Probably be changing coil.  I will have to see if I can find ohm chart for coils. 

Thanks Dave. 

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
good way to start all new repairs
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »
It sounds like the coil be dying of old age or it could have been replaced with one possiblie under sized? Jon might know that coils size.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 10:44:56 PM »
Machines don't hit high pays all that often. Be sure give machine time to cool down. You can mechanically step or wind up pay fingers by hand partway.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »
I appreciate the confirmation .... But Old Reno can give you the definitive answer on all EMi issues.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
Daughter had softball all weekend.   I watched her team all weekend.  Didn't get time to dig in too much more. 

I did take have an hour to remove upper unit and look over.  Cleaned contacts on odds follower, odds step up disk and counter disk.  Looked over counter register for credit play.  The counter step up coil had the orange wires connected.  But the wires on other tab on coil were cut.   Using jumpers tested both coils, stepping up & resetting counter.  Both worked, and worked linkages for counter.   Connected cut wires back together.   

Reinstalled upper unit.   Switched bottom switch to credit play.   Left credits on counter before installing back into top cabinet.  When you plug in, it clears the credit.  Which is what I read somewhere.   Did a couple small hits.  Interesting.  It counts up win.  But immediately removes ~ 6 credits, feature lights remain on 6 coin pay.  The play credit button didn't work.  So I will be tracing that out eventually. 

That's was it for today.  Put back to coin play and all is still good.  I still need to do fuses this week and look at changing out coil on back of payboard. 

Jim
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:36:17 AM by jimliner »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 09:15:28 PM »
Jim,  I was looking thru a EM Trouble Shooting Book I have a saw this on the Super Continental Credit button. I hope you can read it.

Gary
And remember...

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »
Jim ... I have one but only hopper payout, I have heard that there is a key switch right side that will operate the hopper to dispense coins...... might want to look that too ...
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2016, 05:51:49 PM »
Thanks Gary.   I was able to read it.   I used jumpers and was able to get both the  count up and count down solenoids to fire and move digits.   I still went ahead and cleaned each while fully extended. 

Thanks Dave.   There are two large banks of switches on each side of the bottom key.   The bank towards the front of the machine is for credit play, back bank of switches is for coin play  and hopper pay.  The back/coin play bank of switches are bent (maybe from being in that position so long) in such a way that  even when not in use they all make contact.  On my list to correct.  Slipped a small piece of a cut up business card between contacts to break circuit till I can pull straighten and clean.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal