New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 891-1  (Read 11122 times)

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 891-1
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »
Well, I got the Bally manually # 1100.   I was hoping for a little more info on the odds follower and motor & cam assembly.  Not as much depth and description of function as I had hoped.  Still good to have.  Detailed parts description and exploded views.  Except motor / cam set up. 

Set machine back up for credit play.  It performed the same way.  Any win added credits to meter but when finished it subtracted six credits.  It basically was playing six credits.  I had looked in the cabinet upper section where the switch is and the contacts are open.  They close when button is pushed.  I went through schematic (Thanks again Jon) and decided to put a small piece of tape on C-3 mech switch since whether coin or credit is being play to coin up it has to pass through this switch.  Now, when I had the machine on credit play and set up a pay, the counter tallied the winning amount of coins to meter and did not automatically play six credits.  Ok.  So now I am thinking a switch is closed that should be open, back to schematic.   There is a "closed at zero" switch on register (credit counter) that would complete circuit.   If it is at zero the button switch to play credits won't work b/c theres no credits to play.  Thinking this is stuck closed.  While checking this switch (appears open), I looked at button switch contacts again but from a slightly different angle.  From this angle, I can see that someone had pinched the leaf switch arms together close to the insulator plates so the play credit button was always making contact even though where it should make contact was not touching.  Tight quarters so instead of fixing correctly (for now) in goes another piece of a business card.   

Bingo.   Credit play works like a charm.  Whether playing one coin to six coins, play credit button works.  Winnings get added to meter.   

So, right  now I need to put together a hit list of all the things that  need fixing, not just rigged up with bits of business cards.  Solenoid on hopper pay disk.  Fuses.  A bunch of cleaning.  Straightening out leaf switch arms.  And more when I sit down and look some more.

Since machine is working well on coin play and credit play and I have a schematic I am going to try and figure out the odds follower, count up disc and the motor / cam system.  I think my best chance of understanding it, is while it is working and I can see it working correctly.   

I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying all is well.  But what the hell. 

Thanks everyone for your help.  Old Reno, shout out to you on CO circuit.  Jon, big thanks for the  schematic, big help. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 07:07:33 PM »
Jim if you need any contacts for that switch let me know. I just picked up a bag full of contacts. Some even have the plastic spacers at the ends. I just had to go digging in that bag tonight to repair a broken dash pot contact on this 809 that came in for service on Saturday. I couldn't figure out why the handle solenoid wouldn't fire to release the handle till i found a broken contact in the back right corner while vacuuming the machine out. It's nice having parts to fix machines without stealing them from a donor machine.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »
Thanks Gary.   I am going to pull the bank of switches this weekend.   I think I can get them straightened out so they open/close by using key.  I will send you a PM once I see how well leaf tool works.   Appreciate the offer and will let you how know it turns out.   

Thanks,
Jim
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:25:20 PM by jimliner »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
I had one of those straightening tool... I broke it!! I have a mini needle nose pliers with long thin tips that work nice. Got them from Sears. It was a 3 piece set of mini cutters and two different needle nose pliers.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
Figuring out how pays work.   Playing in credit mode, the payboard does not reset for each credit/coin played.   Pay is done through cams and odds step up disc.  Hopper motor is bypassed. 

When a win is hit in credit mode for one credit played just cam 1 (12 pulse) is used and the odds step disc has no effect.  Each pulse from cam 1 adds a credit to register meter and steps payboard once.   

For a win for two coins, cam 1 and another cam (with 6 pulses) is selected by the odds step up disc.   Now when cam motor starts (instead of hopper motor) cam 1 still increases credit meter with each pulse but the other cam (6 pulses) the payboard step up once for each two coins paid.   

For a win for three coins, cam 1 and another cam (with 4 pulses) is selected by the odds step up disc.   Now when cam motor starts, cam 1 still increases credit meter with each pulse but the other cam (4 pulses) the payboard step up once for every 3 coins paid.

Cam 2 (10 pulses) is used instead of cam 1 for five coins played along with another cam, 2 pulses.   

Coin play and pay is interesting.  Still going through schematic, starting to make sense.   

Jim

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:08:25 PM by jimliner »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2016, 08:57:50 AM »
Hello Jim,
When you have time would you post a photo or two of the cam assembly your describing, sounds very interesting.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »
Hi Dave,
Here's a few pic of motor and cams. 
Actually for credit meter its a pretty good system. Similar to x units in a way.  Odds step unit picks x unit, here odds step up unit picks cams. 
Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »
Here's some pic's of main components.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2016, 07:38:49 PM »
I was able to straighten out the leaf switches arms on the coin play bank.   When I would turn key to credit, the coin switches were still closed which messed up pay outs.   I can now turn key to either coin or credit and just the one selected works.

Jim

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
Think I found for brand new sets in storage today sweet

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »
This will give you some information on one of the plates in that machine

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 05:39:58 PM »
Thanks Jon.   I'll print it out and compare.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal