New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 payout testing  (Read 2369 times)

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 873 payout testing
« on: October 10, 2016, 12:49:34 AM »
Just curious

I am ordering a new coil for the upper(top) multicoin stepper unit. I have it pulled out from the plug.

Does the box need to be plugged in and fully functional for a one coin payout to happen?

Is the whole top unit only for payout of 2 or more coins?

My thought process is it maybe isn't paying single coin because I have the multicoin disconnected?

If the the top box has nothing at all to do with the one coin payout, then I need to start troubleshooting switches.

Should I begin at the ABC reel switches or go directly to the hopper switches?

I have actually looked at all the switches and they seem good. But I'll look again if nessacery.

Thanx in advance,

-=Fred=-
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:31:43 PM by DirtinLa »
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873 payout testing **** fixed font size now readable ****
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »
As far a I know the machine will not operate with the top unit disconnected.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
Please post some pics of machine.  Line step up unit is in top unit.  So it probably needs to be plugged in to work, even single coin pay. 

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873 payout testing **** 10-11 added pics****
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 04:48:08 PM »
pics added

I removed the coil and tested it even though it was obviouly burnt completely out
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 05:08:07 PM »
Hi dirtinLa,
Until you get your new coil, you can physically check all your switches. Find out what makes them move, and make sure that each set can fully open and close. There are posts here on checking switches, etc. some of them good, and some of them mine..?lol.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
Thanx Reno, Actually I've done that. I just got through redoing a Gottlieb EM Pinball machine. I became an expert. LOL not really.

there must have been a thousand switches in there that I did and redid and redid LOL. Also steppers and solenoids too.

I was shocked when I got this slot home, my first by the way. Opened it up and I was like bingo! everything in here is totally

familiar. All the electronics were just like the pin accept a whole lot less.

My pin parts guy had the coil in stock so I should have it in hand before the weekend. I may have to clean up the steppers but they

all seem functional.

One thing was, unlike the pin that you DO NOT LUBRICATE ANYTHING, this thing has lube and oil everywhere. None of it looks

gummed up BUT it does look old. what do recommend I reoil it with if I do decide to do so? I may have to totally clean the steppers

and then reoil them.  Looks like axle grease to me LOL.

Thanx everyone in advance again!

-=Fred=-

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873 payout testing
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 07:41:29 PM »
I find just a bit of lite oil mixes just fine with the old grease & softens it.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal