New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 NO payout  (Read 10859 times)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Bally 873 NO payout
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »
Can you get me one straight on the switch I want to see the wires where they look up

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • DirtinLa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 05:47:43 PM »
ok, so when I put in a coin and check the coin relay it has tripped the switches

all I posted about the comtinuity thru the plugs I guess is null and void as the coin is tripping the coin relay

So where to now
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »
Yes and now we need to follow the circuit from the coin relay to the handle release relay the wires to that switch in that picture do not look good that's why I'm asking for another picture of that switch here is an example of what I need to see

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 05:53:23 PM »
THIS IS THE COIN SWITCH ON THE DOOR????

THERE IS NO SWITCH LIKE THIS BY THE HANDLE
MY PET PEEVE: Those who ask for and receive help on the forums and then never bother to post the ultimate outcome/fix

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 05:55:00 PM »
And I believe besides the handle release that the machine will not pay

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 05:59:24 PM »
I think that orange green wire according to all the machines I have in my game room the manual and everything I know has got to go to that right most terminal I do not know if you have a copy of the manual if not you can go to my Facebook page and download it on page 20 it shows the coin switch which activates the coin relay and when the coins which goes back up and make contact to the orange green wire the normally closed terminal on the switch it is over along the system and then it's down to the handle release so you will have no handle release No step up and no pay without that wire hooked up properly

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 06:02:20 PM »
I guess what you missed is at one point it was accepting coins and the handle would pull  and it also would accept multiple coins and

the handle would pull    it just would not payout

trying to fix the payout   the handle quit working

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
I have read all the posts and like you said you know old em equipment
If you look at page 20 you will see the coin dump switch the common wire comes into it and normally closed is the wire that activates the handle release coil and the payout it is hooked up to the normally open as well as the wire going to the coil relay you will have no handle release and no pay out the way it is wired unless the switch was malfunctioning at one time slow opening maybe it wouldn't last long enough to function I cannot imagine it move the orange green wire to that switch terminal

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
As you can see from the wiring diagram if the coin in switch stayed close a fraction of a second Google it would have played in counted coins
But not paid I have had switches hang up and cause all kinds of problems I'm sure when someone else comes in and looks at your picture they will tell you the same thing really common problem on that switch

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
ok, not to ignore the last two comments. But I have been working on the handle release issue and I got it to work.

You insert a coin and it still does not say coin accepted like it had in the past.

Now it 2 steps to two coins when you add one

it will step all the way to 5 coins.   

now back to where we began

no payout

now I will go back and read your post about the wiring  and get back to you shortly

thanx for your assistance

-=Fred=-

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 06:56:13 PM »
Looking at the photo of the coin switch. It looks like there are two wires on the the center solder connection.
If that is the case the wires needs to be corrected as in the schematic that Jon posted. Slight possibility that the machine has be modified resulting two wires on the same joint.
Also as mentioned if the switch doesn't return all the way back up will this will cause a malfunction.

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 07:06:10 PM »
please see my rewire information in the pic  is this correct???

UPDATE I REWIRED THE GREEN WITH RED TO THE 3RD TERM AND THE OR W GR TRACE TO THE CENTER

STILL NO PAYOUT   HMMMMMMMMM

IS THIS CORRECT OR SHOULD THE WIRES BE REVERSED?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:38:23 PM by DirtinLa »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »
No sir leave the blue wire where it is on the second terminal move the orange wire to the third terminal

On the back of the switch it will have common normally open and normally closed in that order check it make sure the yellow wire goes to Common the blue with Tracer goes to normally open the orange wire goes to normally closed some switches battery replacement are backwards on the normally open and normally closed with the wires soldered on like that I am suspicious someone may have replaced that switch I always check and double-check

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »
The blue yellow goes on the center and the orange red on the end. I'm not at my shop to confirm, but Jon's photo and drawing indicates the correct wire positions. Solder or use test leads. Test leads should be checked for continuity and there is a chance they might short while operating the machine.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »
Here is a picture of the coin switch in my MGM 955..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DirtinLa

• My Pet Peeve
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »
I can't thank y'all enough

I now have a paying machine   woohooo

who would have thought those wires were soldered wrong

But it now works

THANK YOU THANK YOU  THANK YOU

Have more tweeks to do.  but mostly cosmetic!!!!

-=Fred=-

P.S. pic attached of the properly placed wires on the switch

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »
Glad you got the machine paying.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 09:13:38 PM »
Sweet

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 09:17:15 PM »
WooHoo... That's great news that its fixed..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 11:45:39 AM »
I am wondering if that machine was rewired not to pay because it was in a state where you could not have a functioning slot machine I have seen some very interesting modifications over the years to stop machines from paying
I wish we could find more history on some of these machines where they went who had them it would be very interesting

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal