New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dead Winner Bell  (Read 8339 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Dead Winner Bell
« on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
Hello All, I want to get the winner bell to work on my Money Honey Kit machine but I have not found any cut wires on the Bell assembly, reel or hopper so I was thinking it could be a bad relay? Any help on checking another location would be helpful. Thank you again!

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
Re: Dead Winner Bell
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »
Bill if you use a set of jumpers to 6 volts does the Bell work

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
If your bell relay works with jumpers then you may want to carefully clean the bottom two rows of contacts on wiper boards for reels 1 & 2 and the middle three rows of contacts on wiper board for reel three.  If you line up a jackpot pay you will see which contacts are used in the rows listed. 

You may as well clean all wiper contacts and entire boards.   

Red wire from bell goes to reel two wiper board, leaves wiper as green/yellow and goes to reel 1 board, leaves board 1 as red black wire and goes to reel 3 wiper board.  Leaves wiper board 3 to aa & e switches through two pay out switches to get to common 30 wire.  Thats from a generic 742 schematic. 

Jim
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:20:26 PM by jimliner »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 07:10:20 PM »
Hi Jim, I have not tried the jumpers yet but I will give it a shot and see if your suggestions cure this issue. Thank you for that helpful information!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:51 PM »
Hello Bill,

Just checking to see if you got the bell working?

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
Hi David, I tried with the jumpers and I got no response, I 'am not sure if I did this correctly so I 'am going to re-review Jims and Jons reply and go back to Old Renos post on Jumper cables to make sure. Do I pull power from the blue wire on the transformer?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 06:32:39 AM »
Hello Bill,

The easiest place to get the 6 volts AC is on the door. The bulb lights have the common yellow and solid blue wire. Use test leads with the alligator clips and insulated covering. To make it easy pull the reel mechanism out, but make sure at least one of the bulb lights stays on. Most likely it will be the center one at the bottom of the reel glass. Hook the leads to the bell coil, one of the other ends to the blue wire on the door. With the other lead just touch it to the yellow momentarily. The bell should function. If it just rings once and the lights go off check the fuse near the transform. This fuse could blow if the leads touch, but not likely as there is some resistance on the circuit all ready.
If the bell works, check the contacts as Jim discribed, might need to be cleaned. Or someone disconnected the wire. Check for wires cut in the right side of the cabinet near the bell or in the top near the right side. I always triple check wires that have been left cut and hanging. To make sure they are going and coming to the right terminals. Also I have bypassed bell circuit and used the jackpot light circuit if it's work to activate the bell.

Long story short, grab the power from the door lights solid blue and yellow wires.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:31:06 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »
Hi David, I tested the bell using your method below and also cleaned all the wiper boards per  but nothing is working. I did find 3 cut wires on the left side but I believe it was for the candle on top or for the light I found when I removed the upper panel.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 03:58:35 PM »

Black yellow is most likely for the service light and that same wire should be on one side of the service switch/button on the door.
Surprised there is no wire for a jackpot light which would be red in most cases and tied to the bell. 
The other two wires appear to be for a fluorescent lamp as I can see the same wires wired into the transformer. One of the
transformer is missing the starter. As for the bell, check the leads from where the red and blue wires are connected to the actual coil.
Plus continuity through the coil. Double check your test leads for the 6 volts. You don't want to know how much time I've wasted scratching
my head  just to fine out the lead was bad.

Hopefully another member will have some suggestions on the situation.
Will post schematic for the bell later.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »
Hi David,  I also used the 6 volt battery method and the bell and coil work fine. I"am now re-checking the wire connections to the bell assembly and coil.. I need to add a Marquee light so do you think the 2 cut wires would work if I can find another light assembly? Until I get more EM electrical experience I feel more comfortable using the 6 volt battery as power...yes I know it not the same but I need to start off slowly and not fry my machines or myself!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:49:03 PM »
Glad you were able to eliminate the coil and bell form the situation. Didn't think of the 6 volt battery myself.
I wouldn't use those cut wires as they were intended for use with a fluorescent lamp as far as I can see, but may be mistaking.
Trace them out see where they lead.
Check to see if all your fluorescent lamps are working.

After you get the bell working, add a red wire and run it to the candle lite on the top of the machine.
Most candle lights have two sockets in them or add another socket if needed.
The black and yellow will be one lite and the red for the other. A blue wire services both lights.
Should be another wire along with the black and yellow to complete the circuit to the blue 20 wire.

Those candle lights can be found on ebay, but check with Jon first he might have one he could part with.
If you have to use ebay be sure its bally related as there are a lot of different ones out there if it matters.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »
Run a jumper from the 30 wire on the door coin in switch to the red (10) wire of the bell. If it rings, then your 6v supply to bell is good. then problem is probably through your reel boards.
Also be aware that fluorescent power is 120v and bell power is 6v.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »
im just curious what pays are you using to check your bell. so far the Money Honey im working on the bell has only rang on the triple starts and triple water melons.

Offline jimliner

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 05:58:23 PM »
742A generic schematic I have, the bell circuit is for 3 bars or for 3 "bonus".   I guess "bonus" symbol could vary by specific model.    I believe they are the first two columns of contacts closest to reels that are used.   
  Bell circuit does not feed through cherries, plums or bells. 

Jim

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »
Hi Old Reno, I ran the jumper wire from the door coin in switch to the red bell wire and it works so I have power to the coil. I will now start to trace the wires back to the reels and see what I can find. David I will look for a light bracket to fit in the  existing metal topper assembly... but for now I 'am using a poor mans back lite to give the winner card some light! Vytler this Money Honey is a Kit machine and the bell did not work when it was purchased but my other Money Honey winner bell rings on every winning combination.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:57:10 PM by Bally Bill »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »
I have been known to hook them up to the payout relate everytime that pay out relay engages the Bell goes off some customers want the noise usually I put a toggle switch in to shut the Bell off incase

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »
Ok thanks for posting a picture The one im working on is missing the top pay card so I wasn't sure what all it pays on. I have worked on a lot of these machines but not a money honey.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
Bill, thanks for posting the photo of the machine.
On the 1090 I have the bell only rang on the bars and sevens.
So I wired the service light wire to the jackpot light which in turn rings the bell.
Now if someone is playing and they hit cherries, I casually press the service button and
they think they hit the big one.

On your very top payout schedule 27 ways to win.
Is there a place for a fluorescent tube behind or under neither?
If so, the cut wires below inside the cabinet probably powered the lamp.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:00:54 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 07:56:17 PM »
 David that would be cool to do that but I 'am not at your EM level yet...Old Renos like Yoda from Star Wars and I "am just a Jr Jedi with many years of study ahead of me!

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
Vtyler  The guy who sold me this M/H kit machine had a few extra items that he gave me but unfortunately the top winner card does not match the reel glass. My other machine has the correct top payout card but the reel glass was damaged and replaced with a different glass. This 2nd machine also has mystery payouts which makes it fun to play..one day I will find the correct reel glass!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal