New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dead Winner Bell  (Read 8338 times)

Online Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Dead Winner Bell
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
This is what im working on its different than yours. Its not mine im just fixing it i find working on these older em machines fun. I do have a money honey in storage that i can build for myself, but it was built out of 3 other machines from what i was told. I personally have never seen it.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2016, 08:28:26 PM »
wow a 5 cent Money Honey? that's pretty cool! you  should dig out your M/Honey baby and bring her back to life..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 09:23:54 PM by Bally Bill »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 08:33:08 PM »
David, I removed the top and found this inside the cabinet so maybe I could splice into the power and use the open transformer

Online Retro tech repair

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:40 PM »
After working on this one i want too.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
Bill,

Time for a little detective work.
Place the lamp on top of the machine and see if any of the wires match up.
Length and angle cut on the wire, there is a slim chance two of the wires will match.
I can check the wire arrangements tomorrow, but I believe two blacks and the two wires red with white and grey with red will be your other connections.

I think Mr. V Tyler could tell you how his top fluorescent light is wire, maybe send a photo or two.
You're going to need to barrow a starter from another transform if you haven't got a spare.
Use extreme caution working with 110 volts.
I would secure the lamp fixture as to not having to hold it in place and the lamp may need a slight twist to get it going.

Online Retro tech repair

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »
Would the light wiring match whats in the one im working on? if so i can check it tomorrow when im back in the shop.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
This is the diagram for the door fluorescent lamp.
Wire numbers may be different except for the black and white.
With this, the other lamp ballast in the machine and what Vtyler sends you you should have it covered.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
David I checked the wires and they dont match any cuts or lengths, but I was thinking of splicing into the top lamp black wires and installing a starter or would I need a separate light ballast?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 09:39:30 PM »
One light per ballast.
If the lamp fits one of the other fixtures / socket space.
You could test the lamp you found.

Those two wires red white and grey red, I'm thinking will trace to the black and white wires in the bottom of the machine. The ones coming out of the fuse holders.
But I could be mistaken.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:04:04 AM by DavidLee »

Online Retro tech repair

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 04:25:36 PM »
Here is what I found.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 08:08:08 PM »
Thanks Vtyler, this helps me understand the wire setup now but how is the lamp attached to the base? it looks like I have to drill  holes in the base and pick up the threaded tabs on the lamp ends?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »
Bill,

How is the light coming along?

Photo of lamp tester attached.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 09:36:34 PM »

Hi Dave, Still trying to trace any cut wires to the  winner bell at the reel mech but I did find that some on the wiper tabs on the lower 2 rows were not touching completely on the brass buttons so I adjusted the wiper arm but still have no bell. I did get the light assembly attached and drilled a hole in the case to run the wires but  was thinking I could grab the power from the middle light assembly?

Offline jimliner

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:51 AM »
Hi Bally.

Is this the same machine that reel mech was tight to get in/out, with the light that faded after 15 plays, that sat awhile?

You may want to check that the circiut for bell is getting to reel wipers.  It has pass through beau plug on reel mech. At least you would know bell circuit is getting to reel mech. I use a spare male beau plug to put into female to find its location on female plug.  But you could work back from blue wire on wiper board to male.  Or look from behind the males on reel mech and get idea which of two connectors/location.    Clean the male plug..

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »
Bill,

As Jim suggested, work from the blue wire on the transformer to the female Beau Plug to establish a positive circuit.
From there to the wiper boards.
To get a good test connection in the female socket. Make a few probes out of sheet metal.
I added some fluorescent tape to make them easy to fine and not leave in the socket accidentally.
The commercial name for the beau plug is Cinch Jones Plugs / connectors.
Might be some of these in the hanger from old test equipment.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:18 AM »
Hi Jim and Dave,This issue is with the .25 cent Money honey but I will try both suggestions to isolate the short or bad connection. The wire bundle behind the reel mech is tucked into a channel along the case and I 'am leery of pulling that out in fear of creating more problems...Thanks for all the help AGAIN!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »
Bill,

Yea, Don't get into the wiring if you don't need to.
Probably trace the blue 20 wire from the transformer to the female beau socket behind the reel mechanism.
Then the corresponding pin into the wiper boards.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal