New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Payout problems  (Read 7327 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Payout problems
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
Glad you got the machine in good running order. I need to do some monthly maintenance on my 1088.
Middle reel is indexing right away and got to get pay meter to reset.
Photo shows 1088 on the left and the other is 1090. The 1088 is like new condition, had a hard to find short kept blowing fuses so I imagine it sat for years. Last year of the EM machines 1980.

Sorry for the sideways photo 1088 on the bottom now!

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
Test Report (after playing and setting up payouts):

It appears to working great, all lights etc but on 40 coin payouts it usually comes up a few short.  It may give out 37, 38 or 39 (winner paid meter and actual payout of coins match).  Reno had said that I might need to adjust the 100 tooth wheel spring 1/4 of a turn.  From what I can read in other post that means move the short end of the spring to the next hole.  Can this be completed without disassembling?

thanks
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »
This only happens on the 40 payout? Is the meter and coin count the same?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »
Payout of 10 and 20 are good (don't remember any over/under pays)
I ran several payout of 40 an a few paid out 41 (meter matches payout)
I ran 3 pays of 50 and 1 of 100, the 50's paid 52 each time (meter 52), the 100 paid out 102 (meter 102)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 12:36:36 PM »
Check the hopper coin shute after the pivot roller, this area can get gummed up with oil and dirt.
Coins can get stuck in there causing a short pay and then an over pay on the next payout.

Also if the payout step up unit is out of adjustment, the contacts will stay engage to long.

On the payout step up unit add a shim between the rubber bumper stop on to where it contacts the zero switch armature. Maybe 2 layers of electrical tape. This will add the slightest bit of travel to the wipers causing them to leave the contact strip earlier. Test it this way as to not loose the original stop adjustment if there is no difference on the payouts.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 01:33:56 PM »
What pays are the outer wipers for?   

Another thing to check or confirm is the the outer wipers are off their tabs just before reaching end of their pay.   

Example,  for 100 pay, maybe around 80-85 coins paid the outer wipers should come off the 100 tab. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:27:29 PM by jimliner »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »
Did you try adding 2 layers of electrical tape between the spiral cam stop and the zero switch armature? 

Its possible that the contacts that ride the 40, 50 and 100 payout strips have been bent to make better contact.
Thus slightly shorting the length enough to payout extra coins.
Manually advance the payout unit 40 times, then check for continuity between the contacts and the corresponding metal strip.
There should be NON, the contacts should of ran past the strip causing the hopper to stop.
If you get continuity, move the meter probe to were the copper blade / contact has a kink in it, then lightly press with the probe.
See if that makes a difference in continuity.

NOTE this is how I would eliminate the possibility of bent contact blades or a least help narrow down the problem.
Please use your own judgement and comfort level when preforming this test.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
I didn't add the tape but I did clean and tinker with the contact blades.  The last 10 to 12 payouts of 40 were correct.  I had noticed that when it under paid the hopper would start back up if I touched the spiral wheel which moved the outer wipers.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 02:48:04 PM »
Okay, the spiral cam stop might need to be adjusted down a bit. It doesn't take much, mark the metal stop holder if you can.
Loosen the nut give the stop a half turn to extend the down.

Or just run the machine for awhile with the tape, checking the payouts a few times then adjust the stop.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 05:13:04 AM »
Thought I'd update the post after playing slot for several days. 
Everything seems to be working just fine, all payouts have been dead on.  Unless it really starts messing up I'm going to leave it as is.

thanks for all the help and advise.
Bob

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal