New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Award Card with Typo error  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Award Card with Typo error
« on: November 11, 2016, 10:34:38 AM »
Hello All, I had our night shift print operator attempt to print me a updated  Money Honey award card but he forgot to proof read before hitting the print button! Anyone who can live with this error and needs a M/Honey topper (you pay for the shipping) please PM me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:25:25 AM by Bally Bill »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Award Card with Typo error
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »
Bill:

This is the new America.  There is no emphasis on the "fit and finish'" in doing a job.  Quick and dirty is the way of the world.  The card looks like a nice job other than the spelling error.  Have him take another run at it.  From your previous posts I know that this topper would irk the hell out of you, and MOST of us here on NLG as it stands.

My 2 cents
Ra

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:23:05 AM »
yes your spot on with the quick and dirty mentality fueled by the corporate/share holder profit world but I think a lot of people are finally  realizing that cheaply produced products from off shore county's are crap and sometimes dangerous. People don't understand the value in a American made product and why you have to pay a little more to get something that while last longer. In regard's to the topper I have to take some responsibility for not double checking the file in our preflight department before they sent it to the print operator on the floor. The material was left over from a large print job and was heading to the recycle bin so he only wasted some ink and 15 minutes of time. I hope to have the that topper and the Money Honey Special award card before thanksgiving.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:26:58 AM »
Bill

Please share the new finished product with us when done. 

Thanks so much

Ra

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »

I got the 2 awards cards completed and I think they look pretty good! Since I have had no luck with finding the correct Money Honey reel glass on ebay ,craiglist, Nlg, etc this is going to be my next G job for the night shift crew....

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:04 PM »
Both look very nice.  Still looking for a 742. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

Sell that version with the typo as a Canadian version,
they spell things a little differently up there.    :garfield:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 07:43:02 AM »
Bill, both are nice! I like the clear glass one, it looks more like a original feature glass.
Did you try one with the images printed in on the back of the glass?

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 10:42:33 PM »
Hi David, Yes the clear one looks better and I might redo the other one down the line, I was thinking of a gold and red border with the inside being clear. I have not purchased the glass yet because I need to confirm the thickness and overall size and have the item precut before printing.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 10:58:38 PM »
You may find an indication of the glass thickness from the glass holder.
I'm sure someone will have the information you need.

Attached a photo of a top glass I designed for the lemon machine I re-wired so the lemons pay.
Might have to do a little more creative wiring as it is a bit confusing the way it is now.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 11:18:59 PM »
nice David! did you do that on a Epson printer and mount it to the glass? The size is 13 & 3/4" X 7 & 3/4" = 3/16 thickness

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
Thanks Bill,

The image is from the computer. I just have a small Canon printer. So I can't print anything larger the 8.5 x 11. If I need larger I take it to my friends shop. I use the t-shirt transfer setting, it lays down a lot of ink$. and it reverses the image as to apply to the back of the glass.
Not surprised on the glass size, reel and top glass on the smaller machine are that same size. The 3/16 thickness isn't that common in retail glass shops

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 07:27:27 AM »
ok that makes sense now, do you think the glass is tempered?  I wonder if you can use Plexi/Acrylic instead of glass?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
Tempered glass would be the safest way to go, but a 3/16 piece of glass with the edges seemed or polished would be good for home use. Plexiglass would probably the easiest way to go. You most likely have access to acrylic sheets and smaller cut offs in your business.
I would go for the acrylic.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal