New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM 952 Winner Paid light  (Read 4767 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally EM 952 Winner Paid light
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:07:58 AM »
I've been able to get this slot working with the usual cleaning and adjusting.  The only remaining issue is the Winner Paid light stays on.  I will go off when there is a win and the hopper starts the pay out.  As soon as the payout is completed it comes back on and stays on until there is another win.  Not a big issue but would like to fix if I can.  It must have been a problem for a long time becasue someone had cut the wire going to the winner paid light socket.
thanks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:14:41 PM by rjpohl »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Bally EM 952 Winner Paid light
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »
Winner paid lite is a leaf switch that mechanically latches open when hopper reset coil fires. It should be on back of payboard by 100 tooth gear. Work step up link and reset link & you will see how it opens.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
Check to see if this switch is work properly. See attached photos.
If the switch doesn't open it might be the cause for the constant winner paid light.
Or there may be some sort of conductive material between the blades, given its vertical position.
Testing can be accomplished by hanging a folded strip of paper over one of the contacts. This will temporary keep the light from illuminating.
If the light still comes on, there is a possibility its getting power from another source.   

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:16:04 PM »
David, you're getting really hot. I'd hire you in a flash. Good job!!!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:51:12 PM »
Thank you Mr. Reno for the compliment, that means a lot coming from you!
Got to thank my grandfather for passing on some of his abilities on to me.
I've might of mentioned this befor. My grandfather repaired pre EMs and EMs in Las Vegas.
Was maintaining machines for Don Laughlin's bar in Las Vegas when Don asked him to help set up the Riverside Resort. Which was a bar on the Colorado river. My grandfather live in a 12 ft. canned ham, maybe 100 feet from the bar. The bar came with amphibious cars used to get to Bullhead.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 11:04:13 AM »
I've attached a couple of pics of the switches.  I noticed that the winner paid light was dim (not as bright as other bulbs) and there was a set of contacts that never seemed to open, I bent the blade just a hair and now the light is off and never comes on (even on a win).

I have another small problem, there are 3 bulbs that I can't figure out when they should light up, they are on the bottom left and right of upper glass (see pic in post 1). 

I've got all other bulbs to work in the top box.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:14:42 PM by rjpohl »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
What is the switch behind the hopper for?  I was having some issues with the whole machine resetting and found a bunch of quartes under and behine the swith.  What purpose doe the flat rod do that pushes against the button?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 11:58:47 AM »
Pictures didn't show up for some reason, but would like to see them to better understand the situation.
The switch in the bottom left corner is the safety timer.
I believe it's regulated by the hopper. If the hopper were to malfunction and keep running the machine would empty all its coins from the hopper. The safety trimmer shuts off the hopper after so many seconds if it continues to run after a payout. The bar activates the white button to reset the timer and the red light will go off.
Good you found the coins back there as they could of caused a direct short. The timer runs on 110 v ac.

As for the contacts being opened and now no winner light. Please post photos of the contact and the 3 lights
you mentioned.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »
pictures added to earlier post.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
That flat bar runs to the safety timer. That's a switch that trips after about 15 seconds of the hopper running empty. When that happens you push the flat bar to reset the timer without having to remove the coin hopper. Be careful if you reach into the corner by the safety timer, there is hot 115V wire soldered to the timer. I speak from experience, that f**king  :censored:  hurt.. :spank:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
Are you referring to the 3 lower lights on both the left and right sides of the feature unit board? Those might only light when the large jackpots hit.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 12:49:35 PM »
Are you referring to the 3 lower lights on both the left and right sides of the feature unit board? Those might only light when the large jackpots hit.
  Yes, they kind of line up with the 3 different payouts on the glass but they never lite up, maybe I should try to set up a large payouy

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 02:12:06 PM »
The lights may be just for show, try putting some of the good bulbs into the sockets.
Check the wire colors, if solid blue and solid yellow, most likely just for show. Good place for some flasher bulbs. Second, set a jackpot just under 777s to see what happens. Probably do the same for the 7s.
The machine might need to be reset after the sevens are played.

Re: the contacts, step up the unit to see if the contacts are closing. The little white nylon bumper
should engage the contacts.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »
here's a few pics of the switches at different times:
Pic 8603 is after a few spins and no payouts
Pic 8604 is during a payout while the hopper is spinning
Pic 8605 After hopper stopped payout
Pic 8606 and 8607 after next spin (no win)

right now the winner paid light is not coiming on at all

I believe everything else is working as it should.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
Okay, I see the nylon bumper pushing open the contacts.
When the machines starts to pay those contacts are closed, I see that.
But can't tell if the first contact is closed enough to complete the circuit.
The first coin resets the payout step up unit to zero and also retracts the white nylon bumper causing the winner paid light to go out.
Check to see if there is continuity when the contacts are closed.
Do this with the meter probes at the base edge of the contact blades to avoid any false reading.
If no reading, move one probe up near the contact and press the contacts together.

Note
I like to use a multi meter that makes a beeping sound.
That way I can keep my eyes on the test area and just listen for the beep.

Make any adjustments and let me know what happens.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
Technically the payboard does not reset until next handle pull. This allows for mechanic to check payboard in case of a shortpay or mispay.
Use your ohm-meter to check continuity between hopper case and each of those switches. Sometimes the little insulating tubes inside the switch stacks get broken, and then they can touch case causing a short. If all switches are good,  i suspect a short somewhere.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »
UPDATE:
I brought the hopper in the house and put it under my madifying lamp and was able to see the contacts better, made the adjsutments to the wipers so both were open when white wheel was engaged and both ope when not.  I played a few spins and a few wins.  The winner paid comes on after the hopper stops (completes payout), it stays on until the next handle pull.

thanks Reno and David

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal