New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Magnificent Seven Machine  (Read 2718 times)

Offline canm01

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • canm01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Universal Magnificent Seven Machine
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:47:58 PM »
 As a newbie to the group, I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Mike and I found this site during searches for more info on Universal slot machines.  I can’t express how helpful this site has been with information that allowed me to fix a slot that I recently acquired.  One of my hobbies is to buy up and fix broken arcade boards and pinball machines.  During one of my pinball excursions, I came across a Twin Crowns slot machine.  It was in perfect working order and the owner said he would sell it along with his pinball.  Got a good price and it became mine.  I recently won a Super Magnificent Seven slot from an auction.  I figured I would try for it as the pics showed it to be complete but was advertised as broken.  As both machines are Ultra’s, I figured I could swap parts around, if needed, to help troubleshoot any issues.   
When I received the Seven’s slot, I plugged it in…lights came on … no displays lit up.  That’s when I did a Google search and found your site.  Awesome information.  Re-seated the system board and got displays.  Got all sorts of error codes too.  Eliminated some by reseating the system board multiple times and doing a couple of ram clears.  One issue was that the dollar bill acceptor was not connected properly.  Finally got that straightened out.  The, the unit would not accept coins.  Had a quarter in the coin comparator as it was supposed to.   Turned out the opto at the bottom of the coin mech was dirty.  Now it would take coins and reels would spin.  However, on certain wins there was no payout.  I was going to swap system boards to see if the problem followed the board or the proms.  As I lifted one prom out, I noticed one of the legs was bent.  Straightened it out and, voila, payouts now worked.  Dollar bill acceptor does not take any bills, I will look into that later.  Just converted the unit to take tokens so that I don’t need to keep the hopper filled with quarters.  Plus, in my state, it is illegal to own a slot if it takes and pays out money.
As great as your site is for help and documentation, I was not able to find any manuals on Ultra slots.  Does anyone know where I could find such documentation?  There are settings that I would like to validate and it would really be helpful if there were schematics too.  I have two more issues that I am trying to fix.  One, I am sure is heat related but will be a pain to troubleshoot without schematics.  The attendant light stays on completely for about 15 minutes then will dim and finally go out.  When pressing the attendant button after that, it will flash as it is supposed to. The other issue is that one of the reels is not quite lined up with the other two.  I would like to know how to adjust that reel.
I am including a pic of my two machines.
Best regards,
Mike C.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:58:23 AM by canm01 »

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Universal Magnificent Seven Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:51:49 PM »
Welcome Mike. Glad the info helped. The Ultra's are rare and a pain in the a$$ if you don't know how to handle them.
There is no real manual and the faxed fro m japan schematics I had I sent to JBshocks, I believe?? Could barely read them.
The reels are not adjustable. The reel strips are double-backed tape on the reels. Sounds like you need to remove and reattach strip to line it up. BUT, BE BEWARE, it's best to cut the tape at the reel and leave the tape on the strip. If you try to remove the tape from the strip it will peel off the backing on the strip. And you won't find replacements for that Super Mag 7. Twin Crowns maybe.

Here is a link to NLG's old site http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=63.0

Here you can find dip switch settings and MEMORY SETTINGS!! Look these up as I believe your Mag 7 use the REACH feature.

Offline canm01

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • canm01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:35:35 PM »
Uniman, Thank you for the reply and the added information.  I didn't realize the Ultra's were rare.  I truly enjoyed working on the Mag 7, though it was a bit of a pain to have to reseat the system board mulitple times.  The reel isn't off too much so I think the safer thing would be to just leave it alone. 

I will be looking for the documents you suggested...thank you for the link.

I plan on burning copies of the eproms so as to have backups.  Any other suggestions you might have to keep these units running for years to come?  Best regards, Mike C.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
Watch the board batteries! They are NiCd and they will leak with age and damage the board.

You bill validator is a DBV-145. No way to upgrade the software for it. It will only take old bills with small portraits.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal