New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sircoma SG 103, question  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Shadow-moses

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shadow-moses New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sircoma SG 103, question
« on: June 28, 2016, 07:06:44 AM »
I just recently  picked up a sircoma SG 103 draw poker from a guy who has 6 of the same machines, some had monitors some didn't, the one I got is complete with working monitor, he pretty much offered to give them all to me for dirt cheap, but at least 3 are only good for parts, is there any demand or interest for parts from these machines?, I'm thinking about picking them up but I don't need all the parts, thanx Ben

Offline Shadow-moses

• NLG
Re: Sircoma SG 103, question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »
I guess if anyone needs sircoma SG 103 parts I got them, quite a few of them lol

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »
You never know what parts you may need for these old games.  Your machines look different than mine.  That might make it more important for you to have some spare parts.  My 2 cents

Ra

Offline Shadow-moses

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 08:34:52 PM »
Yeah, I see what you mean after digging into them, there is very little info on these unfortunately

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:46:45 PM »
You have come to the best place to get help with these old games.  This forum in particular is scarce with participants because most collectors went to the newer multi games when the law in their state allowed.  I however, still listen to 8 track tapes and I love the character of these gems.  IF you need any mother board work Larry  Weber in Vegas is the best.

Ra

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »
I guess if anyone needs sircoma SG 103 parts I got them, quite a few of them lol

After you get all/many of those machines running you'll be the NLG expert on Sircoma, which is needed.   :garfield:

Glad to have you here!   :wave:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shadow-moses

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »
Thanx, anybody know what battery is used on these, I've read two different things does it use a 3.7 volt or 4.5 volt, here is what the old one looks like, it's 2 inches long

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
I think that is an older nicad battery, they were used in machines years ago. The machine's main circuit board (mpu board) had a charging circuit to keep them charged so when it was turned off the battery would keep the cmos memory alive. The same or similar battery was used on the Bally E-1000 machines. I don't think you can find a new exact battery anymore but you can substitute another one with the same or close voltage. The machine doesn't care as long as the voltage is correct, so any battery that will fit and is about the same voltage will work. If you remove the old battery there may be writing on it that gives the battery voltage spec. I'd guess that 4.5 volts would be correct for the original battery, based on the Sircoma manuals I've looked at. But I'd think a 3.6 volt lithium would be easier to find and would work ok, the cmos chip is spec'd to retain data as long as it has about 2 volts or higher on it.

But the newer batteries that people usually put in nowadays are not rechargeable, they are either normal AA batteries in a little battery holder or a long-lasting lithium style battery. This means you are supposed to disable the charging circuit on the mpu board, usually done by removing a resistor that is inline with the charging circuit and replace it with a diode. The diode lets the battery voltage go out to the cmos ram but doesn't allow any charging voltage to get back to the new non-chargeable AA or lithium battery. If you can find a schematic drawing of the Sircoma mpu board and can post it I can show you better what I mean by all this. Also you can read thru the Bally E-1000 threads to see how it is done on those machines.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:57:04 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 11:28:48 PM »
Yeah, I see what you mean after digging into them, there is very little info on these unfortunately

I looked in the NLG download area, there are some Sircoma manuals, see screenshot photo below of the Sircoma download area (it is located as a submenu under the IGT download area). But the manuals are short, only about 18-22 pages and they are more of an operator's guide, no board schematics, just some chassis wiring drawings. For download access you'd need to make a contribution to NLG website, can be just about any amount, either as a one time thing for 30 days privileges, or on a continuing basis for continuing privileges. See the home page for info, left side of screen. Becoming a Contributing Member also gets you listing capability in the Classifieds area for selling stuff.

This place has some Sircoma manuals for sale, but they appear to be the same ones here on NLG:
http://www.coinslots.com/manuals/sirc/

By the way, Sircoma was the name of a slot machine company for about 3 years, then they changed its name to IGT.
It looks like the lower glass on your Hi-Lo Poker machine has "IGT" written on it.

Check this out for something interesting about the Sircoma company:
http://www.videopokerinfo.com/history.htm
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:56:10 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 08:06:41 AM »
Since I now have 4 of the of the old IGT, Sicoma, Fortune Coin games I really enjoyed reading the history.  Thank you and Thank NLG.

Ra

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:46 AM »
Ra,

I enjoyed reading that history article too. Here's one that is as good or maybe better, from our own NLG member badbaud. You may have already known this, it was a treat for me to read:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6529.0

Shadow-moses --- this link below will take you to the old NLG website Sircoma area that still has a lot of info, you might find something helpful on the Sircoma machines. If the old site asks for a password and username just hit enter, it isn't required there anymore.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=48.0
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:37:35 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »
Since I now have 4 of the of the old IGT, Sicoma, Fortune Coin games I really enjoyed reading the history.  Thank you and Thank NLG.

Ra

Which one of the Sircoma machines do you have? Do you find it similar to the Fortune I machines?

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 08:43:47 AM »
Sircoma I have the rare TV Dice game.  I have never seen another one.  The game is EXACTLY like the 2 IGT games that I have.  The older Fortune Coin game is from 1979 i believe and is primitive as heck but works 100%  Pictures of all of my games,except the newest IGT Caesars Palace Slot machine, are on my profile.  I was warned to stay away from the old IGT games but I am already addicted. 

Ra

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
Sircoma I have the rare TV Dice game.  I have never seen another one.  The game is EXACTLY like the 2 IGT games that I have.  The older Fortune Coin game is from 1979 i believe and is primitive as heck but works 100%  Pictures of all of my games,except the newest IGT Caesars Palace Slot machine, are on my profile.  I was warned to stay away from the old IGT games but I am already addicted. 

Ra

I thought they might be similar but haven't seen or worked on either. You have a wonderful collection and room!

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
Thank you so much.  I have worked on my game room for 11 years.  Unfortunately I find myself in the position that I must move.  Life has many twists and turns.

Ra

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »
Thank you so much.  I have worked on my game room for 11 years.  Unfortunately I find myself in the position that I must move.  Life has many twists and turns.

Ra

Good luck with the move, hopefully the next game room setup will go easier since you know how you want it.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 05:35:41 AM »
I just read the post by Badbaud.  What an interesting tale from a really nice guy.  This story have everything.  Guns, guts and glory.  I was waiting for a lady in red to play a major role.  lol.

This rich history, and the people like Allen that lived it are treasures in my book.  This depth make be bristle when I try to sell one of my games and a cheapskate offers me $100 for a working and cosmetically clean Fortune 1.  I always direct a slug like that to one of those Japanese toys. 

I tip my hat to all of the NLG members that help keep the memories and the machines alive.

Ra

Offline Shadow-moses

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »
Hmmm, after looking into them farther i see that two are different, they are sg108's, they say sircoma and IGT on the tags inside, the 103's are 3 board setups and the 108'sare 2 board setups, anyone know how to reset either one of these models? does it have to do with the keyed switch on the side?, the sg103 has 1 key switch on the side the sg108 has 2 on the side and one inside, all I can get to come up is a jumbled screen

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
If you dont have a key you can buy a cheap home depot lock and use that OR I have activate the switch in my games with the door open with my finger for free.

Ra

Offline Shadow-moses

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
I have both keys, I'm just not sure what the procedure is, Is there a trick to it

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal