New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-200 in IGT Leap Frog will not accept bills  (Read 5652 times)

Offline ka818

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ka818 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
DBV-200 in IGT Leap Frog will not accept bills
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:53:32 AM »
I have a IGT Leap Frog with a JCM DBV-200 that will not take bills. When the head is put into test mode by flipping dip switch 6it takes them in. In game mode it does not. The $1 to $100 Face Up light is not lit. I get the regular cycling sounds on start up. Bill acceptor is enabled showing 9-1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keith

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: DBV-200 in IGT Leap Frog will not accept bills
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
Need more information.

Is this DBV recently installed or was it working ok in the past? If recent install did you verify it is the correct id protocol for your machine?

Do you have credits already on the machine or is the credit limit set so low that accepting a bill would cause the machine to exceed that credit limit?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »
It worked in the past before I did a ram clear. I enabled it and confirmed it with 9-1. No credits on machine and credit limit set to 1000.

Thanks, Keith

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
I would make sure cash can is in all the way and whatever other switches you still have enabled like the ones on the back of the validator cage or the cage door are working right.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »
After the 9-1 option with Set Chip did you set the denom.?

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54:06 AM »
Yes, denomination is set at .25.

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »
I would make sure cash can is in all the way and whatever other switches you still have enabled like the ones on the back of the validator cage or the cage door are working right.

No switches on the cash can, validator cage or cage door.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
several things to check, since it did work at one time.   get into the diagnostic tests,  coin played window =0   5_0 or 1  in winner paid,  no scroll through that menu  when you get to 9_1 that will ensure the bill unit is enabled and the machine sees it as that. finish scrolling  through that menu ,should end up at the position of your dip switch settings 8 numbers 1's and 0's.  now press test switch until you get to #6 in coins played window, this is what the machine sees the coin denom as being set too, should be 25 and you should hear the handle solenoid click.  this will verify what the cpu is seeing as far as the settings.  now go to #7 in coins played window, this is the setting for max hopper payout first #7 and the second#7 is the bill credit number. make sure 1000 is in both .  now scroll through the menus and get back to #1 in coins played window, this is the input tests, scroll down to #27_1 , this will send a signal to light the bezel lamps and allow you to insert a bill into the acceptor, it should take it in and return it.    report what the result of these were and we will go from there.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
several things to check, since it did work at one time.   get into the diagnostic tests,  coin played window =0   5_0 or 1  in winner paid,  no scroll through that menu  when you get to 9_1 that will ensure the bill unit is enabled and the machine sees it as that. finish scrolling  through that menu ,should end up at the position of your dip switch settings 8 numbers 1's and 0's.  now press test switch until you get to #6 in coins played window, this is what the machine sees the coin denom as being set too, should be 25 and you should hear the handle solenoid click.  this will verify what the cpu is seeing as far as the settings.  now go to #7 in coins played window, this is the setting for max hopper payout first #7 and the second#7 is the bill credit number. make sure 1000 is in both .  now scroll through the menus and get back to #1 in coins played window, this is the input tests, scroll down to #27_1 , this will send a signal to light the bezel lamps and allow you to insert a bill into the acceptor, it should take it in and return it.    report what the result of these were and we will go from there.

Jim

Jim,
I do have a 9_1. Denomination is set 25 and solenoid clicks. Max hopper and bill credit both set to 1000. When I go to #1 in coins played window and scroll down to #27 it shows 27_0.

Keith

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 03:41:20 PM »
yeah,  27_0 is correct,  did the bezel lamps come on??   if not check the larger black  plug on the  left side of the 200 head  and then check the bulbs using the denom lamp socket.    did you try and insert a dollar bill?    are all the switch settings on the 200 head correct?     trace the wiring from the power supply to the connector underneath the reels,and then follow it down to the motherboard.  make sure it is plugged into J-6. 

why did you clear the machine?   

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 04:03:24 PM »
Jim,
I had to replace the battery and got stuck in a 61 loop. The bezel light did not come on. I will check the other tomorrow.

Thanks, Keith

Offline ka818

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
Problem solved!
After Jim said to trace the wiring, I looked close at each wire and connector. There was a bent pin in the black connector at the front right of the DBV.
After bending back and reconnecting the bezel light came on and the DBV works.

Thanks to Jim, rokgpsman, rickhunter and Blueridgeslots! I am on my way to make a donation.
Thanks again,
Keith

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
that connector is the information from the cash can optics , so the unit never saw the cash can as being inserted so it would not initialize.  if everything is hooked up and you remove that connector you will hear the unit cycle a few times looking for the cash can. 

glad you got it working.

Jim

Signature:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »
Problem solved!
I am on my way to make a donation.
Thanks again,
Keith

Super job on getting it fixed,
and thanks for supporting NLG with your donation!   :cool_thumb_up:

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline green slot

• Reputation Power: 0
  • green slot New User has no influence.
  • NLG

As subject line says,

BV on IGT S-plus machine (Red White and Blue 7s machine) accepts only $1 bills.

the new "credits limit" seems to be 24 - 26 credits, no more than six (6) $1 Dollar bills in other words, I decided to cash out and start at zero (0) on the credits and see if the Bill Validator would take at least one five dollar bill ($5) before the light goes out. But that didn't work either.

So it not only has a credit limit somehow set to basically 24 credits max, even if it starts at zero, it still won't accept any other denominations but $1 Dollar.

Now, here is the backstory --

I had a dead battery which I replaced a couple weeks ago and everything on my IGT S Plus machine worked perfectly again, except for the Bill Validator. I figured since everything buy the BV started working again, I did not need the Ram Clear chip, but I decided to purchase one along with the ON-OFF chip, because I thought it might be useful at some later date.

I followed the instructions exactly for the BV ON-OFF chip.

Once all the steps were completed, I inserted a One Dollar bill. The slot machine/Bill Validator immediately accepted the $1 Dollar Bill and racked up the proper 4 Credits on my machine (which is a quarter machine).

So far so good.

Now please keep in mind that all of the paper currency I am using specifically came out of this Slot Machine from BEFORE the battery died.

Okay, next I tried $5 up to $20 bills, ------->>>ALL of which the same Bill Validator accepted before the battery died.

Now, as I stated above, the BV is ONLY accepting $1 bills. The Bill Validator is in perfect operational condition as far as I can tell. It accepts EVERY SINGLE $1 Dollar bill with no problems, but any other denomination it totally rejects...

I figure there must be a way to get to the credits "maximum setting" and I've read other people's comments elsewhere which talk about doing such a thing, but I don't know what steps to get there. 

In other for me to use the BV ON-OFF chip for example, I had to read very specific step by step instructions.  "Press white button next to power switch"  Next.  "Press SPIN REELS."  Etc.

Without those kind of ultra specific instructions I don't know how to get to any settings.

One more point, for what it's worth.  I would like to set the volume of my machine higher, but something that is very different on my motherboard as compared to others I've seen is that mine does NOT have a manual volume knob.

If someone knows how to set the volume another way on a machine like mine, I would appreciate that very much as well.

Thank you!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal