New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: HELP! I have an IGT S+ 2 coin Sizzling 7 NEWBIE  (Read 4573 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: HELP! I have an IGT S+ 2 coin Sizzling 7 NEWBIE
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 02:04:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the coin comparitor lite only comes on when the main door is closed. I think it is there for when they bench test it outside of the machine. So don't consider that a problem.

Since your power supply connector seems ok and the reels are stiff when the machine is powered on it may be time to consider another mpu board. These ideas everyone here has are assuming that nothing weird is going on, like if the machine was underwater in a flood for awhile. Sometimes people unknowingly get a machine that came from flooded area and there are some oddball things wrong with it that can be hard to track down. For example, your photo of the bill validator shows a lot of rust on the metal frame and that is midways up in the machine. Any chance this machine has been in a flood or left in the rain over a period of time?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:44:56 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kcbimmer71

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kcbimmer71 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
Do you have another machine that you can borrow parts from to install into this machine to figure out what is bad? The reels having resistance to being turned indicates they are getting power, which means that part of the power supply is working. Are there any fuses in the machine that need to be checked?

Unless there is a cable or something disconnected you may be at the point of trying a different mpu board. But others here are more familiar, so let's see what ideas they suggest.

Don't I wish!  Ha.  This is my first machine, I checked the fuses with a meter, all good.  (the 3 at the front of the power supply), unless there are more some where in the machine?  Is the MPU the large main board?  I see there are a few on eBay forsale - do I need to buy the exact same board?  I.E. Sizzling 7... I'd hate to spend the money to find out I bought the wrong board.  Thanks for the help.

Offline kcbimmer71

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
... I'm not sure what you mean by the BV is missing the duckbill entry...?

Your bill validator is a DBV-200 model. It was made by a company called JCM and used on a wide variety of slot machines. To make inserting a bill easier the bill validator will usually have a front bezel attached, this guides the bill into the slot on the front of the bill validator. You've probably seen these guides on a soda machine or other machines that accept paper money or slot tickets.

Below are a few examples of the bezels, some are called "duckbill" because of their appearance. From looking at your photo of the bill validator back in reply#6 it appears that your bezel has been broken off and the lower part of it is still attached to the DBV-200 head.

Ah yes!  On the bottom *Last pic you posted looks like mine and the 'duckbill' piece is definitely missing, and on the front of my validator, you can see a broken piece.  I wonder if I can order/find just the duckbill.  Thanks tons!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:55:30 PM by knagl »

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
what area u in maybe there is a member close to u that might have a test board before u spend a lot on one u may not need
Thank You
  Mark

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »
...Ah yes!  On the bottom *Last pic you posted looks like mine and the 'duckbill' piece is definitely missing, and on the front of my validator, you can see a broken piece.  I wonder if I can order/find just the duckbill.  Thanks tons!

yes, you can get a replacement duckbill bezel for the bill validator, but I wouldn't worry about that until you get the machine working. You might find out that the DBV itself is bad (hope not). And the machine should play with coins. So the duckbill is a minor thing at this point.

The main logic board (circuit board with the battery) is called the "mpu" board. They are not too hard to find for sale, we have some folks here on NLG that have them that are tested and guaranteed. And like you said you can find them for sale online at places like ebay and slot machine parts sellers. The NLG home page has a bunch of slot machine parts vendors listed. The IGT S+ machine was so popular and made in such large qty that you can find virtually any part for it. But I'd not buy another mpu until others here have given their opinion. We have some folks that don't login until night time. So stay tuned and give this a day or so for best advice to appear.

Does your mpu board look like it has any damage from old battery leakage, or from water?

The mpu board for your machine comes in 2 styles. They are called the "10mhz" mpu and the "16mhz" mpu. I believe that either one will work for your machine. The 10mhz style is the older one, it can be identified by a round blue volume knob on the edge of the board. The 16mhz style of mpu does not have this blue volume knob. On the mpu board are 2 eproms in sockets, they are marked on the board as the GAME and the REEL chips. If you replace the mpu board you will need to remove these 2 chips from your old mpu and install them into the replacement mpu. These 2 chips are what contain your Sizzling 7's game software. Usually they will have a label on top identifying the chip but the label is missing from your REEL chip. Notice that the GAME chip label says it is "SP872". The GAME chip is often called the "SP" chip and the REEL chip is often called the "SS" chip due to the id numbers that IGT used for them. The SP chip (GAME) can be thought of as containing the general game software for the machine, and the SS chip (REEL) has the specific software for your particular game.  Here is more info about the 2 styles of IGT S+ mpu boards:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1095.msg5115#msg5115

I *think* those 3 fuses you found are the only ones, that's good that they check ok. The fuse caps can sometimes be loose, so be sure they are firmly gripping the end of the fuse when you put them on, bend the metal part of the fuse cap a little if needed.

Do all of the fluorescent lights inside the machine work? Now and then a machine will have a bad fluorescent ballast or starter that causes a problem. The fluorescent lights are just for appearance, you can disconnect the power wiring cable going to each one to make sure that isn't your problem.

I brightened the photo (below) of your machine so I could see some details.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:38:58 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kcbimmer71

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 04:26:15 PM »
what area u in maybe there is a member close to u that might have a test board before u spend a lot on one u may not need

I'm in Columbia SC.  I see there are a couple boards, that test as working on eBay - so I may give one a go.  I hope that will do the trick! :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
Jim from Midwest slots should have s+ mpu boards for sale cheaper than on ebay.  He is on the vendors list on home page.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
I had a S+ here once that had no displays. After a clear they all came back on. Not saying to CLEAR just yet. But is way cheaper than a board. I am wanting to think I had to replace the SP chip. With the clear in the display's worked. With the SP back in not. Knowing the jackpot reset switch has been disabled makes me wonder. Someone had been fiddling around. Maybe bent leg on a chip??
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 06:13:41 PM »
Also that SS (Reel) chip doesn't look original, someone has probably replaced it. That's ok if it works but if someone didn't program it correctly or if it is bad for whatever reason the mpu board will not operate or will do strange things. So installing another mpu with the same SS and SP chips may not fix anything.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
I am going to test both the MPU and motherboard for him.

I think its a bad SS or SP.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 07:12:12 PM »
I am going to test both the MPU and motherboard for him.

I think its a bad SS or SP.

That sounds like a great idea!

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 07:26:14 PM »
Also,  I would address the rust/corrosion issues as well-That BV is NOT gonna work.  This is more than just humidity/condensation.  Still worth fooling with if if you can do it cheap enough.  Otherwise buy another.  -I looked at recent pic's from the posts and seen all that.  Thing looks a barrel of monkeys to me-- :arrowthruhead: .

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 11:00:15 PM »
The EPROM on your MPU board in this picture (below) does not appear to be seated correctly.  I don't have a lot of confidence that reseating it will fix all of your problems, but it should be inserted correctly.  If you wind up removing it in the process of reseating it, note that the "notch" on one end of the chip should line up with the notch on one end of the EPROM socket.

I also agree with some other folks who have commented here that it appears that at least parts of your machine have had some water damage -- that's never a good thing.  You may want to consider removing the motherboard (the fixed board on the bottom of the machine that the removable MPU board plugs into) to look under it and verify that there is no corrosion or other damage to it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal