New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-1 works great in test 8, but gets code 41 right away in regular mode  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
Cheers to the old bally E series games.

Bally E-1 works great in test 8, but gets code 41 right away in regular closed door coin in, mode.

I think this machine is running in SDS as it powers up with a 71 code, guessing door open code for SDS. I cleaned the reel mechanism and it works great in test 8, the payouts in test 8 also read right on the win meter. So I take it out of test mode, close the door, drop in a coin and bang...Code 41
I am confused and don't know what to try at this point, test 8 tells me the reels are working great, anyone have any ideas for me to try????????
Thank you for any help here.

Jackpot  :garfield:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Have you tried test 3, manually pull the handle and watch for the two codes for the kick and arm switches on the side of the reel mech.
There is a jumper option on the I/O board to make the 71 a 50 when door is open, I will check my notes at the shop Monday.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
Have you tried test 3, manually pull the handle and watch for the two codes for the kick and arm switches on the side of the reel mech.
There is a jumper option on the I/O board to make the 71 a 50 when door is open, I will check my notes at the shop Monday.

I'll check this out ASAP, I am just warming up a bit, then back out to the shop to see what your information will tell me, THANK YOU!
Jackpot :wave:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
sounds like the door open switches are not working - if there is a light tower - the white light will go out when door is closed - if not light tower -then leave machine in any test mode (8 for example ) when you close the door - test should end and display either 50 or 71. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
Answers here for all questions;

In test 3, I release the handle manually and as I pull it about 1/8th the way down I get code: 3 . .0.2.0 nothing changes on the way down until the reels kick, then I get code: 3..0.1.0

On the door switch, good idea and easy way to test; Yes in the test mode as I close the door and the hinge switch pushes in the machine comes out of test and into play mode so door hinge switch is ok.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
sounds like the door open switches are not working - if there is a light tower - the white light will go out when door is closed - if not light tower -then leave machine in any test mode (8 for example ) when you close the door - test should end and display either 50 or 71.

This would be a jumper from J3 pin 20 of the IO board, to ground or j1 pin 28 to bring it out of SDS and back to standard bally codes I think. I guess I don't have this jumper as I am in SDS codes I believe.

I am out of ideas again here again. Could the door lock cam switch have anything to do with my problem as we know now that the hinge switch is ok, but the lock cam switch seams to be working fine.
Jackpot :nerd:

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
SDS settings are in the M1 M2 and M3 eproms - no wiring or jumpers - only jumper is for P2 eprom.  You ran the 8 test - still try to 5 test to make sure you are not getting all 0.  You may have a bad reader in position 1 as there is a speed test performed - try switch reel readers.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
SDS settings are in the M1 M2 and M3 eproms - no wiring or jumpers - only jumper is for P2 eprom.  You ran the 8 test - still try to 5 test to make sure you are not getting all 0.  You may have a bad reader in position 1 as there is a speed test performed - try switch reel readers.
I did switch out reader # 1 with a known good one, no change, also lets not
Forget that the machine works great in test 8 and any wins does show up on the win meeter.
Thanks
Jackpot

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I usually by pass the door lock cam switch. Quick thought. Make sure that nothing is rubbing your first reel when the doors closed. If the reel doesn't spin at the correct RPM it will throw a code. Make sure the reel tin is round and not hitting the cover over the insert and coin accepted lights.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
Attached are instructions on how to make that 71 code for door open into a 50 code.
It is easier to remove the I/O board and solder the jumper on the back of the board.
Let me know if it works for you, always has for me.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
Attached are instructions on how to make that 71 code for door open into a 50 code.
It is easier to remove the I/O board and solder the jumper on the back of the board.
Let me know if it works for you, always has for me.
Great, and thanks for this and for the tip on just doing this jump on the back of the IO board where you can get at it! I'll do this and then at least I can work with real codes that I can understand. When I get this done I'll let you know what I find out.

Also as for the tip from above about rubbing reel and speed, drag etc., yes I have checked the reels to be sure they are not rubbing even when the door is closed and they are all just fine and have a good speed on kick off, and good run out on reel drag.
Thanks Guys for any bit you can give me, I am surprised that someone hasn't ran into the same problem before. Maybe I'll have to bug Barry Fox in his retirement if I can't get to the bottom of this. Are you here Barry? If so can you give me your .02 cents worth here?
Thank You all
Jackpot  :BUG_CRAWLING:

Offline GOS

• NLG
yes i am here - been checking out the islands here in philippines - the 41 error - since the door is closed - and readers have been swapped - which is the usual issue with 41. Using the sds game proms (m1 2 and 3 ) MAY be an issue as those 3 chips do have speed checks (there are later chips that bypassed a lot of the 41 errors  (do not have the docs in front of me - maybe badbaud?)  - could be reader control board that also does speed checking. 

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
Attached are the latest -3 and -7 M1 - M3 numbers.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
Oh boy, Thank You guys, now I have something to work with, I'll get to this on the weekend as SOME of us Barry, still have to work! Right Alan?
Thanks Guys and I'll give you the low down when I find it.
Jackpot  :wave:

Offline GOS

• NLG
Tough scoring all the back roads and beaches of asia looking for blonds - ops - slot machines. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
Tough scoring all the back roads and beaches of asia looking for blonds - ops - slot machines.
Is there a bag limit now days? Maybe still unlimited
I hope, well its a dark and lonely job but someone has
to do it. Glad to hear your enjoying retirement to the
fullest!
Jackpot

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

You need to invest in Flip Flops and Suntan lotions down there..  :idea_2: :snoopy4:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal