New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NLG Chat Room  (Read 34175 times)

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
NLG Chat Room
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »
Keep it or junk it tjkeller is working on seeing if we can update or edit it..   ??? ???
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:51:51 AM by Joeylc »
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline tjkeller

• NLG Docs, FAQs, & Files
  • Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • tjkeller New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: NLG Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »
OK, so I have reviewed the information available for the Chat Program Joey has found.
This program is not part of SMF. It is independent software integrated into the website.

This is from Condologic  (http://codologic.com/page/)

This program is a BASIC raw boned software intended to keep things simple, use LOW bandwith  & minimize
Server impact & memory consumption.

The program we have been testing is a Free Version so it does not have all the bells and whistles. However,
even the versions you purchase don't seem to offer a whole lot more. So, what you see right now is basically it.

There are many Pros and Cons we could discuss but I am not certain now is the time. I am intrigued by the idea
of having Chat available as this is something we have not had before BUT from what we have seen so far, there
are some restrictions and program preferences that we would like to see before we implement this system.

The BIGGEST concern I see with this program is that the program does not filter users in any manner and it is
completely open to any registered/logged in user. So, on the CURRENT site we have just under 2100 Members
...imagine trying to use chat and searching for the Member you want to chat with among a list of hundreds
of "online" users. This seems to be a common concern with other websites using this software as seen on 
Condologic's website forum.

HERE'S the kicker...this is actually pretty good software. They have made this to be only a skeleton program
intended for the Website Developers to customize it to THEIR needs rather than just forcing a "cookie cutter"
program on everyone that uses it. The Source Code is NOT encrypted so you can make changes to meet your
needs.

SOOooo, someone with more time and know-how than I 'COULD' make this program work for us.

IT IS MY OPINION THAT WE FOREGO THE CHAT SYSTEM AT THIS POINT. I feel the first priority, after testing &
working out the bugs of this new Forum Software, is to merge/transport the current site into the new.
We can always re-visit a chat system later. We still have the PM system which has served us well thus far IMO.

With that said, If we do have someone that has the time & know-how to work with the coding of this software
to make it work for us, then certainly the best opportunity to do so is while we are still in BETA.

There is of course always the idea of searching for a DIFFERENT chat system program.

So, my vote right now is NO-GO.  It might be worth while to keep it up for a little while as we continue site testing cause
for the few of us that are here we can talk to each other if we need to. One plus side of this program is it works with
mobile so Joey is able to respond if he is not at a terminal.

Those are MY thoughts...What are yours?   ;) 

Travis

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:51:33 AM by Joeylc »
Thank God for Friends!!!

Offline StatFreak

• rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
  • Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • StatFreak New User has no influence.
  • Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »
I agree with you completely, including leaving it up for now so we can initiate live chats when needed.

Great job doing that research!
I found myself at NLG :garfield:  ..but got lost again on the way home. :scratch-head_2:
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. :mail_2:

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »
The Chat room is off right now so the page load time will go up :)
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:12:15 PM »
Thanks for ditching the chat room hovering stuff.

IF we go with one in the future, let's just have a dedicated page on the site for the chatroom, where users click a link to be brought to that page (or have it open in another window or whatever), but the stuff that was hovering over every page on the site was irritating at best.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal