New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal Power Supplies  (Read 4336 times)

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Universal Power Supplies
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
I hope the following enlightens Universal slot machine owners.   
The Universal manual says there are basically four different types of power supplies. (Not including Ultra Series Slots)
They are called the Green Dot, Red Dot, Yellow Dot, and Narrow/Intermediate power supplies.
I have not seen up close the Narrow/Intermediate, so let's look at the Green, Red, Yellow.
First of all, you will see no dots on the power supplies. Although I have seen lime green round stickers on a few.  arrow
It is hard to tell the difference just by looking at them.
The Green Dot was the first to come out.
Then came the Red Dot. The difference between the two are the green has a Tower-3 board and the red has a Tower-4 board.
The Tower board controls the handle.
Red and Green Dots are interchangable according to the manual.
Then came the Yellow Dot. The Yellow Dot was made for machines with electronic flouresent light starters. Electronic starters require 24Vac and ballast starters 100Vac.
Yellow Dots are NOT interchangable with Red or Green Dot. Manual says; the result will be blown fuses and possible damage to the mpu board.
So, logically if you have ballast lighting than your power supply is not a Yellow Dot. Right?  WRONG!
I purchased a couple of tourament machines last year. They have ballast lighting and Yellow Dot power supplies. What Universal did is add two additional wires and ran them from the hopper 100Vac power to the lights. Maybe they thought the hopper wouldn't be used in these tournament machines? The combined amp draw hasn't been a problem for me, and I use the hopper often. They also bumped up the two input fuses from 3 to 4amp.

So how can you tell them apart?
On that front 12-pin connector, across pins 6 & 12 are 100Vac on Red and Green Dots, and 24Vac on Yellow Dots. 
Looking at the front of the power supply, if the 12-pin connector is 4 across and 3 down, it should be;

1   4   7   10
2   5   8   11        Remember, pins 1, 3, 11 have a flat side in their socket.
3   6   9   12

If, as seen in the pic below, left most unit, the 12-pin is 3 across and 4 down, then;

3   2   1
6   5   4             Remember, pins 1, 3, 11 have a flat side in their socket.
9   8   7
12  11 10

Across #3 and #9 are also 100Vac. This is where the hopper get's power.

Added 10/30/08
Pin Outputs                                                                                         
 #1 = DC 5v     wire color PINK
 #2 = DC 24v   wire color ORANGE    (actual voltage between 30-35Vdc)
 #3 = AC 100v  wire color WHITE   test with #9
 #4 = DC 12v   wire color RED 
 #5 = DC 24v   wire color ORANGE    (actual voltage between 30-35Vdc)
 #6 = AC 100v for RED and GREEN DOT wire color white,   AC 24v for YELLOW DOT   wire color yellow
 #7 = GROUND wire color BLACK
 #8 = AC 9.5v wire color GRASS or light green
 #9 = AC 100v wire color GRAY test with #3
#10 = GROUND wire color BLACK
#11 = DC 32v   wire color Violet
#12 = AC 100v  wire color GREY on RED and GREEN DOT, AC 24v for YELLOW DOT wire color white with black stripe
The following power supplies are; Yellow, Red, Yellow, Red, Green Dot.

Offline Treehonk

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Treehonk New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Universal Power Supplies
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 05:38:39 PM »
Can you please tell me where to buy these?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 07:48:59 AM »
I would try posting a want add here; https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=4.0

I am no longer into slots, own no machines or parts.

Offline Pitts256

• Topic Moderator
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...Pitts256 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 01:06:22 PM »
Is your power supply toast?

If the main transformer hasn't shorted then they can be repaired.

Should you have trouble finding one I'll repair yours for the cost of parts and return shipping.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal