New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally iReels/Transparent/Transmissive..what ever you wanna call it conversion.  (Read 29529 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
OK, just converted my S9E to a S9E iReels.

Does anyone else have one of these??? I am getting a Secondary Touch Screen error that I am assuming that I need a 20" USB Touch monitor or just the controller to plug into the Alpha MPU?

Any help would always be appreciated.

Charles
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:14:58 AM by Ron (r273) »
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I assume you bought came about a kit for this?.  The reels are diff. also at least I know they are on a T-32.  It should have been pretty much plug and play.  You may have a issue with your lower transmissive monitor/set-up.  Need to run the 1-gig box of course as well.  They do use 20inch and 22inch monitors in bottom for this.  The monitors are special,diff. monitors as they are on T-32 which I do know about.  Not much help there but some ideas and thoughts.  Also,  Which game are you attempting to run????.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
That made absolutely no sense to me...lol
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Ok,  We can just let the "Transmissive" experts help then.  A T-32 is a V-32 but transmissive,diff. monitor,reels,wiring etc.  Only transmissive software works on it.  Sorry about the post.  I will just go play mine later I guess.  Good Luck. 

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
This isn't a 3 reel V32 software. This is the very short lived 5 Reel version S9E Transparent Reels. Game is called Blazing Stars Hot N Wild...5 reel. All I need to know is if I replace the top monitor to a USB touch, will it fix the error that I am having with this game. I know they make USB version of the Cinevision 26" screens so I am assuming that the USB touch would work on an Alpha MPU. Just thinking outloud and get some sort of confirmation before I drop some more dough on this.

Sizz, Did any of this make sense?

I guess if everything worked out, it wouldn't be a fun hobby.

Charles
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
A USB touch controller did NOT help this problem... Any other suggestions???

How did Bally set these games up with an Alpha 1gig box?

**REMEMBER** This is a 5 reel transparent game and screen... NOT V32 Cash Spin type game.
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Here's how to set it up:

#1 - the primary monitor is the top screen  so it gets connected to the bottom vga adapter on the mpu
#2 - the touch adapter db9 from the top monitor goes to the serial db9 on the mpu
#3 - the bottom transmissive monitor connects to the top vga adapter on the mpu
#4 - the touch controller on the transmissive monitor connects to COM9 on the back plane

you will have to do a ram clear to get rid of that error on the 1st boot

Fun games to play

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Here's how to set it up:

#1 - the primary monitor is the top screen  so it gets connected to the bottom vga adapter on the mpu
#2 - the touch adapter db9 from the top monitor goes to the serial db9 on the mpu
#3 - the bottom transmissive monitor connects to the top vga adapter on the mpu
#4 - the touch controller on the transmissive monitor connects to COM9 on the back plane

you will have to do a ram clear to get rid of that error on the 1st boot

Fun games to play

NOW WE ARE TALKING! Thank you SO much for this info. Can I take an old serial cable and molex this to the COM9? Do you know how it's connected or have schematics?
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
You sure can use an old serial cable and molex.

It's only 3 wires -   ground, TX and RX

On the back plane from top to bottom on COM9 it is Black , GREEN , WHITE

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
which holes are used on the back of the monitor?
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Ok so I am making progress with this POS. lol. The touch screen works!!! Game loads just fine.

BUT!!!

When I insert credits and spin, the game locks up. Bad game card???

Argggghhhhh!

Looks so good to.  :Scratch-Head: :banghead:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:41:45 PM by coolwavepic »
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
Looks like your usb plug that is normally connected in the mpu is out.  It runs to a controller on the back wall behind the reels.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
The USB cord is connected to the MPU. There is communication from the MPU/game to the reels. I was up all night trying to get everything work. I took out the MPU and reseated it in the machine. This MPU once didn't reconize half my buttons, because it wasn't inserted all the way. Let's see if that helps.

Will report back.
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Still having an issue. If you look at the error message it's saying something about a server send error? Do you think it's central determination game? Weird that it would load up this far.

Thanks for any input.

If anyone has the game let me know. Maybe a reflash or purchase I would be ok with.

Spin inc recently jacked their prices from $50 to $250 on the transparent titles and I don't have strips for dragon dynasty.
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Another Day...

Fresh Mind...

So I was thinking about this some more and decided to plug the transparent door in with the original glass door at the same time... Well... the game works!

I turned the cabinet switch and started unplugging the original door components. Turned the game back on, and the game STILL PLAYS!

When I did a RAM CLEAR and without the original door and loaded the game up again, the game would error.

While doing this, the game actually uses the BEZEL lights during a bonus.. weird because the transparent door doesn't have Bezel lights.

What I am guessing is that I have to rearrange the USB cables somehow? Can anyone verify it or tell me how to get around this problem, in case I have to do a RAM CLEAR and have to plug the old door in!

<a href="http://youtu.be/YY_xz-_RTvU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/YY_xz-_RTvU</a>
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
your usb cable goes to the board behind the reels and then from the reels to the board on the left?

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
Yes. It is going to the BEZEL BOARD on the left. Do I need to disconnect the Bezel USB cord from the RCU behind the reels?
-------
Charles

Offline JDKMunch

• NLG
I have the same setup and my USB
goes from the mpu to the back board
to the little board on the side and
and it works.

I swap between reel,video and
transmissive without a problem.

Inorder to trace what's wrong I'd disconnect
Each of the two wires going to the plain
reel door and see which one is throwing
the error

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
I will try that to see what is going on based on your setup. I'm 95% sure its the same setup. Its hard to see where the USB cables are going as they are bunched with other cables.

The game is playing now. I had to setup the game with the old door, turn off the main cab without resetting the mPU. Install the new door (transparent door) and we are still in business.  The problem may come back when I have to restart the MPU. I will try not to do that as I installed the door again.

Here it is with the strips installed...

<a href="http://youtu.be/THs--zLrvR4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/THs--zLrvR4</a>
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
So cool!!! Thanks for sharing your experience.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal