New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Changing Game King 4.3 game chips  (Read 7321 times)

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
Changing Game King 4.3 game chips
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »
Hi,
Thank you for being such a great resource, and apologies for my newbie question!

I have an IGT Game King 4.3 with the 837 base chip. I recently bought a new software chip set that has 40+ video poker games, but when I installed it, I still have the exact same 12 games I originally had. (The seller hasn't responded to my questions.)

I'm wondering: Do I need something like a key chip to activate the new games? Did I probably have all those games in the first place, and didn't realize it? (The numbering on the chip labels are exactly the same!)

Thank you for any help! (It would be so nice just to play Jacks or Better on my machine!)
G.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:19:04 PM by smoothgrh »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Changing Game King 4.3 game chips
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:25 AM »
Hi G,

Welcome to  :nlg-logo: .    Attached is a PSR for your M0000837 base chip which shows the games you have available on it.   You can select up to 12 per denomination.  It sounds like you have a "default" installation.  If you want to change games/payouts then you will need a keychip to do it.  Key 17 is the one you need for GK 4.3.  Key 22 and 40 will also work, but you may have to completely clear everything to change a setting, which isn't real convenient.  Make sure you don't have any credits on the machine when you key it.  First step will be to get the keychip if you don't already have one

<mod edit to remove name at request of smoothgrh>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:25:47 PM by channelmaniac »

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply!

I also received a reply from the seller, and was told the keychip is different depending on the monitor? I have a 13-inch monitor. Does that make a difference?

In any case, I'll ask for chip 17.

Much appreciated!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »
No, the monitor size doesn't make any difference as far as what keychip to use.  What GME (G000XXXX) chips do you have with your base chip? 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 11:16:07 PM »
I'm wondering: Do I need something like a key chip to activate the new games? Did I probably have all those games in the first place, and didn't realize it? (The numbering on the chip labels are exactly the same!)

Yes, and yes.

Of note, you can only have a maximum of 12 games to choose from per denomination, so when you do the keychip process you'll want to set up multiple denominations in order to be able as a player to easily access all of the available games.

For example, on my Game King I have penny denomination set up with all of the slot games, plus one or two video poker games.  $0.02 has all of the keno games, $0.05, $0.25, and $1 all are set up with video poker games.  I think I also included blackjack on the $1 denomination.

In summary, you can (and for home use, in my opinion, should) have all 40 games available for regular play -- you just need to spread them over multiple denominations to be able to access them all from the menu as a player, since the maximum number of icons (games) for any one denomination is 12.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 08:16:31 AM »
I have the G0002142 GME chips. Is that a common set?

Again, thank you for your guidance, everyone! I'll let you know the results!

G.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Yeah, that's a pretty common one.  Here's the PSR for it.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »
Kevin,

Thanks for the tips on distributing the games over denominations! My machine actually has 12 (!) denominations, from $0.01 to $20/credit! What enables these denomination options? Software, hardware, or a combination? I'll definitely spread out the games over these denominations!

(As an aside, the easiest way I've found to clear out my credits is playing 9 lines at $20/line on Lion Fish for a $180 spin—can you imagine doing that with real money? Well, I could too, but that'd be insane!)

G.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:19:42 PM by smoothgrh »

Offline nateccnn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • nateccnn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 12:41:44 PM »
Kevin,

Thanks for the tips on distributing the games over denominations! My machine actually has 12 (!) denominations, from $0.01 to $20/credit! What enables these denomination options? Software, hardware, or a combination? I'll definitely spread out the games over these denominations!

(As an aside, the easiest way I've found to clear out my credits is playing 9 lines at $20/line on Lion Fish for a $180 spin—can you imagine doing that with real money? Well, I could too, but that'd be insane!)

G.
The denominations are options in the key chip menu.  You chose them.  But choice is based on the hopper denomination if you use coins.  I use a 25 cent hopper...therefore I cannot chose a denomination that is not divisible by 25 cents.  I cannot chose a denomination less than 25 cents.  If I want to chose a denomination of 1 penny I have to set my hopper denomination as 1 penny.  Make sense?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:24:40 PM by channelmaniac »

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »
Makes total sense! My machine has neither a hopper nor a TITO interface. My guess is that it was at a place like the Gold 'N Silver Inn—a restaurant in Reno—where you play, then cash out by receiving money from the restaurant cashier, who then resets the credits.

Offline nateccnn

• Reputation Power: 5
  • nateccnn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 02:06:44 PM »
Gold N Silver Inn...over by Gold Dust West, right?  Same systems used in most bars.  No tickets...no coins.  Hit cash out and a pretty lady hands you your winnings.

So you can chose any denominations you want.

Nate

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 02:59:29 PM »
Nate,

That's correct! On the west side of Reno. Before I visited that restaurant, I had never seen upright machines with that kind of cash-out system, though my guess is that gas stations and convenience stores probably have the same system? (I don't play in those places!)

G.

Offline DanTheMan

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DanTheMan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 05:43:28 AM »
I posted some detailed spreadsheets for a few Game King 4.3 chip sets that I've tried out.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10176.0

Look for M0000837 in the attachments. It's probably got more information than you really want to know, unless you're a video poker fan and really study the paytables. Also for the Keno games, it gives some good insight into the payout percentage depending on the number of spots selected. Some plays are definitely better than others.

I agree with everybody to use Key 17 and set up many denominations, so you can play all kinds of different games at any time.

I also documented a couple Game King 4.0 chipsets, which actually have a bit more variety (fewer poker games, but plenty of them and a lot more slot & Keno games.)
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10766.0

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
You can set your machine to hand pay by setting your hopper limit to zero. Go to Machine options, credit style setup or limits depending on the software.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 12:48:43 AM »
But choice is based on the hopper denomination if you use coins.  I use a 25 cent hopper...therefore I cannot chose a denomination that is not divisible by 25 cents.  I cannot chose a denomination less than 25 cents.  If I want to chose a denomination of 1 penny I have to set my hopper denomination as 1 penny.

Are you sure about that?  I swear that on my machine the coin denomination is set to $0.25, but I have available denominations that are less than $0.25.  I've got over $1,000 on the credit meter right now, so I don't feel like testing what happens if I try to cash out $0.24.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 02:47:20 AM »
But choice is based on the hopper denomination if you use coins.  I use a 25 cent hopper...therefore I cannot chose a denomination that is not divisible by 25 cents.  I cannot chose a denomination less than 25 cents.  If I want to chose a denomination of 1 penny I have to set my hopper denomination as 1 penny.

Are you sure about that?  I swear that on my machine the coin denomination is set to $0.25, but I have available denominations that are less than $0.25.  I've got over $1,000 on the credit meter right now, so I don't feel like testing what happens if I try to cash out $0.24.

My hopper denomination is $0.05 and I use the $0.01/$0.02 denominations all the time with various games.  The only caveat is I can't cash out a value less than $0.05 without the ticket printer.

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 05:10:13 AM »
If your printer is enabled it will not work, you would have to use the key chip to disable the printer first. If you are going to disable the printer you could also just disable the hopper. Machine options, cashout devices or peripheral devices. In either case you have to have zero credits before you can do the key chip or change the limits.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 07:24:01 AM »
I'm happy to report that the 17 key chip worked! I now have a variety of poker games—yippee!!

I followed the installation instructions for the 22 key chip found elsewhere on this site, and the one big difference I saw was that when I installed the key chip and turned on the machine, all I got was a purple screen. I did the "turn attendant key, then press the test button—then repeat process three times" procedure anyway—not sure if that actually did anything. In any case, when I turned on the power again with the base ROM, I got the glorious Key Chip Menu!

One suggestion to other first-time game changers, REMEMBER: DO NOT let the machine sit idle for 1 minute! I had to do that IC swap twice! I prefer not doing that!

:thank_you:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:16:41 AM by smoothgrh »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
Glad to hear you got it setup the way you wanted  :applause: .  Key 17 doesn't have a menu feature like 22 and 40 do, so you don't need to push the button or turn the key switch with it.  With the keychip installed watch the end two amber lights on the MPU board when you turn it on.  When they light you can turn the machine off, re-install the base chip, and the machine should boot to the keychip menu.  If it doesn't make sure there are no credits on the machine.  Thanks for the follow up post!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal