New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: game king no boot, no video  (Read 3093 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
game king no boot, no video
« on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
game king video. 044 board.  lights up, all lights on MPU are lit, but no red led.   video screen is blank, does nothing.  no loss of signal or any message at all.  orange led on top on monitor where button are is lit.   reseated power supply, no help.  any ideas? also , coin battery was dead so i need to know proper key and clear chip numbers for it.

thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: game king no boot, no video
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »
Was this working before, or is it a machine you just got.  Having no "no video" message on the screen usually means a monitor issue.  On most monitor an Orange led usually means no video signal.  When the machine powers up initially is this led ever green?  As far as the clear chip is concerned, you need a key 28 (it will also clear it).  Do you have a boot eprom on the flash board?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »
got it non working, but the person i bought it from sold it because it stopped working. it worked until it didnt :).   screen has zero activity, no messages.  amber light on monitor is always amber.    so a key 28 will clear and set ? i have clear and key chips for s2000, a 224 and i forget the other # at the moment, and im not at home to look.  will those work?  also, not familiar with a boot eprom.  how would i know, and what does it do ? i bought this because its new to me and i want to learn, i know next to nothing about game kings. i can get around an s2000 pretty well.

thanks

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »
the first problem was the monitor. turned out to be a bad cap on the power supply, c 105. 47uf, 50v.    after the monitor came up, i did a key 28 set up and it works. on boot i get an occasional zero flash error, but most times it boots normally. not sure what that is. ps- it was a tovis monitor.

Offline sirius7

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »

Are you getting a zero flash error, or is it just freezing while zero checking flash?  If the later, the green varta battery need to be either replaced or removed.

the first problem was the monitor. turned out to be a bad cap on the power supply, c 105. 47uf, 50v.    after the monitor came up, i did a key 28 set up and it works. on boot i get an occasional zero flash error, but most times it boots normally. not sure what that is. ps- it was a tovis monitor.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 12:25:11 PM »
zero flash error. varta was gone when i got it, and board in varta area is spotless

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »
The Zero Flash error usually means your board is borderline functional.  Eventually you won't be able to get past the error.  I've had more than 1 flashboard do what yours does.  Eventually it will go bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
whats the drill to replace it?  vendor? hard to find a good one?  is it a crap shoot buying one?  its a carnival of mystery

thanks

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »
Contact Jim at Blueridgeslots.  They can probably get you a replacement and fully test them prior to shipping.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »
He also offers to re-flash the board in an attempt to fix it, typically no charge if he can't fix it, but he will offer to sell you a replacement if that is the case.  He is very reputable and wouldn't offer a board unless he is genuinely unable to fix yours.  Sometimes the flash nands get zapped resulting in similar errors (SHA failure, DSA Failure).

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
sounds good, thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal