New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha S9E Monitor Problem  (Read 5238 times)

Offline white2262

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • white2262 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha S9E Monitor Problem
« on: December 19, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »
This may be a long question or issue, but I will TRY to keep as short as possible. I have a Bally Alpha S9E, it is a 77777 Jackpot machine.
I have been on here before, as it was just a blank monitor issue. It has a Bally 32" Portrait monitor. The game is a 5 reel, with a tall tower
for the touch screen monitor. I will include a picture of the machine. I originally posted regarding the monitor being blank one morning
when I awoke. That was JUNE 04, 2015. (YES 2015!!!) I called the place I bought it from & explained the issue and was told he would be
up this way in a week or so. The tech called me a few weeks later and had me try, switching video cables, checking lights on the back of the
monitor, hooking up a 32" TV to check for video display, reset the machine, unplug it, re-seat the video card AND check the cables for being
tight. NOTHING helped or fixed the problem. Then after over 60 calls to him & 30 texts (some with pictures) and TEN (10) months later in APRIL
of 2016, he finally agreed to come up and "take a look" and he brought 2 Brain Boxes with him & 2 spare video cards, replaced brain boxes,
video cards, pulled covers on the back of the monitor, pulled the monitor and hooked up the TV screen AGAIN. ALL to no avail.
He took my monitor AND BRAIN BOX (with OS & Game Software with him "just in case" he could get it all going again. That was April 14th &
again I called several times a week, left texts, and voice mails for another SIX (6) MONTHS, no calls back, no texts back and FINALLY one day I
got a text saying: "Monitor is not repairable, sending up with my Son tomorrow." His Son DID bring my broken monitor and SOME brain box, with
NO BATTERY, NO MEMORY & LOCKS ON THE OS/GAME DOORS, WITH NO OS CHIP OR GAME Software CHIP, which was NOT my original brain box,
and I KNOW that because MY Brain Box had a green oval sticker on the door that said "09-25-14" on it and the #335 writtten above that (indicating
the CLEAR Chip needed for that OS. AGAIN after countless calls & texts, I could not get anyone to answer my calls, but one day I finally got ahold
of the owner & she said "We don't have your box OR your Software Chips. Stop calling us!" WHAT, REALLY..... Again after trying to call for weeks I
finally got the "shipping girl" and she said she would look for MY Brain Box for me. She called the next day & said she found MY box and was going
to ship it to me, BUT it would be $18.95 shipping I would have to pay up front.. WTF??? Ok, I did and got it in three days, WITH NO OS OR GAME
Software. I Purchased the O/S & Game Software from Florida, for $150.00, now have a #335 Clear Chip ($30.00) Also I called a LOCAL Slot Repair
guy about repairing my monitor, he said he thought he could and had me drop it off, and when I did I told him that I wanted an ESTIMATE for the
repairs BEFORE he fixed it. Called a few times and it wasn't done yet and was assured it "won't be that much."
WELL that was SIX weeks ago, he called today and said the monitor was fixed. When I asked how much he said $450.00....... WHAT without letting
me know first, like I asked. I told him a COMPLETELY REFURBISHED from Happ was $395.00, after arguing, I found out that he doesn't fix monitors,
he takes them to a guy and charges for taking it to him. Well we "SETTLED" on $310.00, which I thought was rediculous. His guy replaced the 12V
power supply, that he got out of an "old broken monitor" the repair was $150 & he charged $160 for his time & trouble. (TWO round trips of 12 miles)
I paid the $310.00 got the monitor home and installed everything, NOW when I power the machine on, after 5 seconds or so, ALL I get on the monitor
is "NO VIDEO SOURCE" and I'm not sure what to look for or do. I NOW have $3,290.00 in a machine that still won't operate and I'm AFRAID to TRUST
ANYMORE Las Vegas or Arizona SLOT TECH services.... I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha S9E Monitor Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
When you picked up the monitor, did you ever see it hooked up to anything to make sure it was working?  You can connect a laptop or something to the monitor's vga port to test functionality.  If you get nothing from a laptop, you are not going to get much further and the monitor probably has a bad A/D board.  Also some monitors have both a DVI and a VGA input, make sure the input selected on the monitor corresponds to however your monitor is connected to your mpu?  Does your MPU box work?  Hook up a PC vga monitor to the mpu and see if you get anything on it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 09:06:41 PM »
White,  I agree with Rick.  For us to help you we need to know exactly what you have.  Your post could have went under rants and raves or here!.  What a mess as you state it you have gone thru. 

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 10:00:11 PM »
Thanks Rick and 777Sizzler.  I apologize for the long post, but I have been fighting this for 18 MONTHS now.
I was promised that I would not be left hanging, by the seller I bought it from. Now being screwed around
AGAIN, I am losing faith in people... I really would like to have a reputable Technician in Las Vegas.

OK, NO I did not see it working with my own eyes. He told me the guy that repaired it sent him a picture of
it working last night. I WILL say that when this ALL began, the machine would boot up, reels would calibrate,
credits & everything would display in the digital area, BUT NO Video on screen. Now I installed the monitor
this evening and put a NEW battery in the brain box, inserted the RAM CLEAR chip and the ONLY thing that
even makes any noise is the bill validator and as I said a quick flash on the monitor that says ""no input signal."

I just hooked up my laptop to the video cable and my laptop screen comes up on the game monitor. Not sure if
my MPU box works or not, as i said in my long post they sent one with no battery, (i purchased a new one) and
NO O/S or GAME Chips. (I purchased BOTH of them from Florida (0336 O/S), I dont have a PC monitor, but I have
a 32" TV with VGA video connector. ONE last thing, the Game monitor is displaying as Landscape (it is a Portrait
monitor) but I assume the O/S & Game software tell it that. IF I get that far???? The monitor has a red light on back
is that correct or should it be green?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
If your laptop screen comes up, then your monitor is working correctly.  The software is displayed correctly, but your laptop screen will be displayed sideways, that is normal.  If you get no image when hooked to the MPU, then the mpu is at fault.  Does it even have a bios chip installed?  Post a photo of the mpu you have now to see if we can tell if anything is missing.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »
Yes,  Lets do that,  Also check ALL the pins on the back of the mpu for straightness ,  If a dual video card, we may have to run of front on box vga since you are running a reel spinner on bottom it would work that way.  We will fix this for you or at least pin-point exactly what is wrong. The light will change from green to red if there is no video input.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
OK, I did a RAM Clear. Put in NEW  O/S & Game chips. Monitor is now working.
When I go in to setup game, it tells me what it needs done in list @ top right as follows:
1. Set Denomination
2. Setup Pay Table
3. Devices
4. Date/Time
5. Max Bet not set in Game Set up.

Once I set the Denom I don't see where to Setup Pay Table.
Is denomination set in accounting?
pic of screen attached.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 02:18:41 PM »
It's under credit setup.  Here's a video I made a while back as a sample Alpha setup.  It is for a Quick Hit Progressive 5 reel machine.  You will probably have to setup the progressive, you need to find out the values for your progressive settings and take note of whatever maxbet setting you have selected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbJ3Pu1XA8

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »
OK Thanks. I have watched the video AND the other video referred to on here
pertaining to Progressives Setup. I am going to try to work through this, THANKS
to Everyone's help. And ESPECIALLY NLG!!! This is the World' Best Game Site, BAR
NONE. I am DEFINATELY becoming a contributing member ASAP.... Right now is
not a good time, with my wife just having 4 surgeries in the past 6 months, PLUS
being out-of-pocket ANOTHER $400.00 on this slot problem.. But VERY SOON...

One last quick question. In the PDF for the Bally Progressives the Jackpot Category
is SS and when I go to SS it only shows the setting for JP0=5,000x Max Bet x Denom.
and no other settings for JP1 thru JP6. Does this mean it is an AUTO Setup for the
Progressives? Thanks Again.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »
Based on images I've seen of your game, only the top bonus reel is a progressive, the others are set amounts.  So when you setup the progressive part, you only do JP0, a 1 level progressive.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
From my memory on that game once you got to a certain point the option was there for a factory default to set this up?  Perhaps I am mistaken as alpha 2 has somewhat made me lazy as they all do that.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 10:00:09 PM »
Thanks rickhunter & 777sizzler for ALL your help. Yes the picture of the game you included has a
Progressive capability, IF it is hooked up & setup that way. Mine at the TOP level payout stays at
$7500.00 and never increases. I THINK I know what I have to do, IS set up JP2 at 350 x MAX Bet
which would be the $525, then JP3 at 100 x MAX Bet which would be the $150, etc. I know the #'s
to use, as I have played this forever. Right now I show $7500.00 Top Jackpot & then $50, $3.50, $1.00
etc. AND POSSIBLY there is a "Default Progressive Setup" that I missed as 777sizzler mentioned.
I was following along too closely to the video & probably missed it.

ONE last thing guys. On my screen it says PENDING STATUS and then "Open Door LM". I know
the M is for the Bezel around the screen, which I have to remove for setting up. But where in the
world is DOOR "L" & can it be jumpered out if needed?
THANKS A MILLION....

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »
White,  From your recent post about all these problems you have came light years in progress.  I do think there is a default still on that one.  Check your lower belly door and make sure it's pushed in or check the cherry switch--etc.  Fill good about the progress you have made as stated by you with this long battle.  Tired here but merry x-mas to you doctor.  If any more help is needed -we are always here- Sometimes takes a while for us to get there -but we do. B. -As a note you like to type on your posts!!!! :Tongue_Out:  (you have to clear again and re-set everything to try again!)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »
Open door "L" is logic door.  There are two switches on the MPU box that are connected to a 2 pin header that is right behind the cf card slots.  If you pull that 2 wire harness and jumper the pins (I use a jumper commonly found in PC motherboards), the Open door L will never happen again.  (some folks will just cut off the rest of the wire and leave the connector and about a couple inches of the wire and just connect them together and wrap it with electrical tape.  Since I like to leave harnesses intact, I use the jumper shunt method.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 01:53:27 PM »
Ok Thanks, rickhunter. I got the machine up and running... BUT.. (bet you knew that was coming!)
when I setup the game in game setup the screen auto defaults to 30 lines (grayed out & cannot change)
after complete setup, progressives, etc. game comes up and only has 1 payline, one line bet & 1 total bet.
Game operates but is only betting a penny??? Apparently there are 2 game chip versions: #300520 & #20544G.
I have the 20544, which comes up as 5REEL, 30 LINES & 300 CREDITS, on the setup screen. Before the game
broke down and the COMPANY &$%#@ LOST my O/S & GAME Chips. it was a 30 Lines, 5 Credit & $1.50 MAX BET...
Do I have the wrong Game chip or do I have to set it up at $.02 cents???

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 07:35:51 PM »
I'll bet when you selected your button panel you chose the 5 button panel?  You have the quick bet button panel, you were supposed to pick the 11 button panel (I know, it's counter intuitive). 

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »
Got it ALL up and running!!! After being down since JUNE 04, 2015... *** 18 MONTHS!!! ***
WOW! THANK ALL OF YOU that were patient with me and answered ALL of my questions.
I would have NEVER done it without NLG and it's members.. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 11:54:51 PM »
They can be frustrating, but isn't it a great feeling when you get them up and running?  Happy Holidays!!! Enjoy your machine. 

Offline white2262

• NLG
Re: Bally Alpha S9E Button Delay
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 06:42:34 PM »
Now that I got my Bally 77777 Jackpot running after 18 months, I have a question about
the delay time hitting a button and reel response time. I used to be instant and now it delays
about a second to a second & a half.  I am running a 2 gig MPU and 2GB DMA O/S. Is there a
setting I can change? Also in game setup there is something at the top about reel bounce? on or
off, what is that normally? Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal