New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My newly aquired Alpa...  (Read 19682 times)

Offline theWizardAKQ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • theWizardAKQ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: My newly aquired Alpa...
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 04:54:32 PM »
So just wondering if there is a way to disconnect the manual tally counters that are located inside the top door.  They are quite noisy and I'm not sure for my purpose they are doing anything.  I tried unhooking what I thought was the cable that made the tally but them the spin button would not work.  So I know now that will not work.

Thanks for any help.  Still trying to find the game kits but no luck yet.

The game kits are:
Kit # 112945 for the Black and White Double Jackpot w/Quick Hit Feature - Art form QD7-5007
Kit # 146105 for the 5 Times Pay 10 Times Pay w/Quick Hit Feature - Art form QDC-5005
Kit # 112755 for the Triple Blazing 7's Double Jackpot w/Quick Hit Feature - Art form QD7-5005

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • BiggerHammer New User barely matters.BiggerHammer New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 05:58:29 PM »
To bypass meters:

First Option-
1) Locate the white molex10-pin connector on the backplane that is plugged into the header labeled "COUNTERS"
2) TURN OFF THE MACHINE!
3) cut all of the wires going to the connector about 3" from the end of the connector.
4) On the top row of pins on the connector, with the connector still plugged in, locate the 2nd and 3rd wires (counting from left to right). The wires should be brown with a green stripe then brown with a blue stripe.
5) splice those two wires together. This will turn the connector into a jumper.
6) put some heat shrink over the remaining ends of the wires coming out of the connector to keep them from shorting on anything.
7) insert the connector back into it's socket and enjoy the silence. Don't worry about the cut wires on the meter side. You can unplug that harness from the meters at this point and remove the harness if desired.

Second Option-
 Locate a spare connector and make a jumper out of it. It should look like the one below. Note how the 2nd and 3rd pins on the top row are jumped.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
What Jurisdiction Chip is in the machine? All 3 of my Bally's don't have meters. I have an Arizona and a Florida chip and they do not require meters. Some jurisdiction chips REQUIRE meters.
-------
Charles

Offline theWizardAKQ

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 06:22:30 PM »
Thank BiggerHammer!

Coolwabepic:  It is Jurisdiction Part #: AVJURGENUSEN0-01

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »
It should tell you what state or region. I don't know where that part number is from. Check your DIAG menu.
-------
Charles

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:37 PM »
Are the kits you're looking for, 4 Reel??  If so, I may have one of them in my "bally stuff" for sale in the NLG classifieds section....

Offline theWizardAKQ

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 06:58:10 PM »
coolwavepic:  Diag:  Just says Jurisdiction Name = en_US.utf8 and Locale says: Generic_USD_English

FireballJackpot:  Its a 3 reel with 1 Quick Hit symbol per reel.  If you get the quick hits scattered it pays the progressive, if you get them on the center pay line (that is the only pay line), it pays the top prize value

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 07:32:21 PM »
I think that's the one that does not have a jackpot limit.  Very nice jurisdiction chip to have.  Wish I had one...
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »
What Jurisdiction Chip is in the machine? All 3 of my Bally's don't have meters. I have an Arizona and a Florida chip and they do not require meters. Some jurisdiction chips REQUIRE meters.

Coolwave, you probably have a jumper as described in the backplane.  Bally is not like BB1's where you can't put a jumper to disable meters.  I think you can put the jumper no matter what jurisdiction you have.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline BiggerHammer

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • BiggerHammer New User barely matters.BiggerHammer New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »

Even my machines that did not have meters still had the jumper connected at the "Counters" header on the backplane. Remove it and a "Meter Disconnect Error" will pop up. The bypass works on jurisdiction chips that require meters also. The generic juris has always worked fine for me running the jumper. I didn't even realize that these Alphas had physical meters until approximately my 6th machine. Someone had unplugged the meter harness so it was throwing the error message. I had to look at another machine to see what was going on, that's when I discovered the factory jumper.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »

Coolwave, you probably have a jumper as described in the backplane.  Bally is not like BB1's where you can't put a jumper to disable meters.  I think you can put the jumper no matter what jurisdiction you have.

When I got my 2nd 1gig MPU it had a Mississippi Jursd chip in it and would not play without the meters. I had to use the chip from the old board.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 08:01:08 AM »
Do you have a jumper on the meter connector in the backplane?  Which jurisdictional chip are you using that does not require meters?

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 08:20:00 AM »
Florida-Seminole and Arizona. Or are you looking for chip ID?
-------
Charles

Offline theWizardAKQ

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 07:31:37 PM »
thanks again for all the info...  I can't wait to find a source of some 3 reel quick hit type games.  I did order a Better TITO Deluxe late last night.  They really made it a great buying experience and they USPS over night shipped it to me so I'll have it tomorrow!!!  I'll let everyone know how it goes once I get it!

Offline theWizardAKQ

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
Hey everyone!  I ordered a BettorTITO Delux from the good guys at "BettorSlots".  They got it to me the next day and helped me every step of the way when I had questions on installation and setup. Thanks you guys are awesome! Now my machine adds credits like magic!!!!  I emailed them this questions, but I'll throw it out here too.  So I noticed with my setup having no printer, and just a MARS BV Model 85 Rev #31, the BettorTITO adds the credits as "wins" to the machine.  This causes my machine and game accounting stats to get skewed.  I want to keep these stats as accurate as possible.  Do I need to change my set up?  Such as to add a ticket printer, and then use TITOS to add credits vs how I'm doing it now via the web interface to the BettorTITO device?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal