New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 sometimes failing to advance stepper with coins 2 thru 5 only  (Read 11636 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 809 sometimes failing to advance stepper with coins 2 thru 5 only
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »
Photo of the coil.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 05:10:08 PM »
The coil I'm wondering about is the odd relay not the stepper unit. Sounds like I have the wrong coil
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
G31-1800 odds coil on this machine.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »
G31-1800 odds coil on this machine.

Time to do so digging, whats stronger the G31-1800, or the G31-2200 that I have.. Where are my manuals.. :Scratch-Head: :EmoticonHelp4:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 05:58:25 PM »

Having phone and internet problems

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 07:02:14 PM »
Thanks Jon  :hail:  Give me a call when you can..  Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »
David. Does your 809 have this JP Lock Up Relay in your feature unit? See Pic.. I was looking thru book and found this break down of the 809 feature unit. This one I have does not have that relay. Might explain the wire that were not connected..

Gary
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 07:29:31 PM »
The one on the bench I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I have another 809 that had some additional parts in the top unit, but can't recall exactly what. Will check in the morning.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:04 PM »
Just wondering.. I know its not my problem, but I've only seen the first multiplayer ever work in this feature unit. Didn't matter what jackpot I set it at?
And remember...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 08:14:32 AM »
Gary, I'm a little confused!   in the first post you have four pictures of the feature unit,  the third picture shows the odds unit step up coil and reset coil.  it is the correct coil shown B-25-925.  it shows the correct wire on it  61 wire ( red with a black tracer) . if you do the OLD Reno test for coils and it energizes the coil, I think the coil is good. could be something mechanical with the operation of the coil (dirty sleeve or gunk in and around the operating parts)  I believe your problem has to be with the  odds unit E.O.S. switch or the odds unit step up relay switch contacts.  the 30 wire(yellow) goes through the eos ,comes out as a 27 wire( blue/ orange) to the odds step up relay switch, out of that switch as a 61 wire, which goes to the coil. 

the only conflict I see in the schematics is the listing of the switch contacts, in one area it shows it as the odds unit step up relay switch, and on the schematic it calls that switch  the " coin relay  switch contacts"

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 08:57:21 AM »
Gary, Re: extra relay switch. I've attached a few photos of the other 809. Probably it will be like throwing gas on a fire to put it out.
I think you've narrowed it down to the Odds Relay and the particular switch with the Orange Green wire. The first coin in works fine, as the reset relay does the work for the first time if the unit needs to be reset. Its when the odds unit needs to advance via the Odds Relay that is causing the problem.  I'm just going over this in my own thought process as I'm sure you are well aware of the sequence. You mentioned, with a little assistance the switch would work. I'm sure you have cleaned between the coil and the metal armature and the armature moves freely.
In the past on a few occasions I've add the slightest bit of lubricant between the metal portion and the white plastic to reduce any friction on the armature.

Not sure why this other 809 has the extra parts in it, but will run it on the bench to see what happens. My first guess would be higher payouts, even though the glass indicates $10. Could be wrong glass. May someone could enlighten me on this extra equipment.   

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »
I too have an 809 with the extra odds unit on the right-hand side of the feature unit. This was the subject of a topic recently and after receiving input from forum members, I deduced that it was for counting jackpots.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »
Thanks for the post.. I just wanted to see the other 809 feature unit with the extra parts. I have not had a chance to get back to my machine since Monday night. I came down sick with a stomach issue. I ate something for lunch on Monday that I should not have and my gallbladder threw a fit. I've been down for almost 40 hour. Need to get the dang thing removed, and have been working on loosing weight.
I think my next move is to try a different coil in the Odds relay. Mines a G31-2000 but Davids is and G31-1800. Now I just need to locate one. I looked in my books, but nothing shows what coins go in what relays? Even the schematic just shows coil and not values? Does anyone know what's the right size?

Gary
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 12:18:49 PM »
Hi kids. Been unable to log in, forgot my log in name but called Joey at NLG and he found the problem. Thx Joey.
So be aware that there are 2 kinds of coin in switches, and the NO and NC contacts are reversed. Unplug your door molexes and ohm out the switch. The 74 wire should be to the NC side.   I know you have checked and rechecked but if you have solder iron handy try swapping those 2 wires just for giggles.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 08:19:01 PM »
Found myself a 31G-1800 coin in my shed today. I installed it but it didn't totally fix this problem.. I did play up to 15 coins at one time without a miss count. I went back and check relay gaps, even cleaned the handle release contacts again, still not corrected? Can someone give me a flow chart showing the coin up sequence? I know the down stroke of the coin switch closes the coin switches on the reels, then the handle release coil fires, that sends power to the relays that cycles the coil to reset the step up unit back to coin 1.. The upstroke of the coin switch is what powers the coil on the odds relay stack. When the lower contact closes that sends power to the step up unit to advance for coin 2-5.. I'm just not sure of the sequence of the up stroke of the coin switch. I do know that it flows thru the handle contacts to the odds coil, but what other switches or contact does it go thru before it gets to the odds coil? I just feel I'm missing a set of contacts some where.. I tried to read the schematic in my book, but I get confused following the flow, Never been my strong suit... 
And remember...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 09:42:44 PM »
Dear Amechanic thanks for asking, I will do a post on coin switch down and upstroke in detail shortly, but here it is in a nutshell:   1st coin in downstroke trips the coin relay and also fires the odds unit reset relay (and reset solenoid ONLY if it needs it).  1st coin upstroke then fires handle release coil allowing for a play. That's basically all that happens on 1 coin in. 
2nd coin downstroke turns on odds unit step up relay forcing it into a holding circuit (getting ready for upstroke).
2nd coin upstroke now fires the odds unit step up solenoid (which in turn kills the holding circuit to the odds step up relay.) Same exact sequence for 3,4,5 coins in.   
If you open up top unit you can see this happen. Thanks for prompting me to do a post about this. Glad there is interest!!

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
Here's a quicker explanation -- 1 coin downstroke resets odds and trips coin relay. Upstroke releases handle. Just like the Terminator, that's all it does.
2 coin downstroke turns on odds relay, upstroke fires odds step up solenoid. You now have 2 coins registered. Same with 3,4,5,6 coins

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
expanding on renos points  and yours all is ok after the first coin then to make it work you must be pulsing the 74 wire orange/green this should go through a closed switch on the odds relay we know then it steps up to accept 2 3 4 and 5th coin
so logically
poor switch closing on the odds relay check with ohm meter
check with ohm meter coin switch both n/o and n/c to common
as last resort check your 5ov on coin in switch after you have played 1 coin to see what you have you should see 0v across n/c and 50v across the n/o then flick down switch and hold down whilst across the common and n/c you should see 50v and then 0v across the n/o
after this if no luck put it on craigs list !!!!

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »
Lmao

Put it on Craigslist

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »
Thanks guys.. I will look it over one more time tomorrow.. It's too nasty in my garage today, humidity and dew point are both in the 70's.. It's like a sauna in there, all I have is a high speed box fan.. Trust me I wanted to give up on this thing days ago, but it's a customers machine not mine.. This thing was a mess when it came in, no dash pot contacts, just wires soldered together, lower door switch for the over flow coin switch were cut and untaped causing a short on the metal over flow chute and getting shocked when I closed the door. After fixing that it continued to blow fuses when the door closed, found that I had a short in the coin in meter circuit.. Removed the meter and the fuse blowing stopped, or I thought.. It still blew the 50V fuse when the door closed, but only when you pushed the lower coin in switch and held it in.. I removed that switch and now it does not blow the 50V fuse.. I have used my VOM to check the 50V wire to cabinet for a short, nothing.. Did the same with the 6.3 V circuit it was checked for a dead short using my VOM, nothing..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal