New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Empire King S+ missing bill acceptor  (Read 26481 times)

Offline TheBrave

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • TheBrave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Empire King S+ missing bill acceptor
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:01:05 PM »
Hi everyone.  Yet another IGT S+ noob here....

I've got an Empire King (IGT Dbl Diamonds) that just won't clear the 61_1 after the reset key is turned.  This machine is missing the bill acceptor - like the whole unit.  Can these machines play without one?  Meaning if I can figure out the issues, should it function?

There's a TON a really good info here about those codes and I have tried all I've found so far, with no luck.  My self test is located on the back of the on/off switch, (took a while to figure that one out), but again, I got that info from NLG!

Any help is appreciated, even if there's another post about this I haven't found yet.

Thanx much!

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: Empire King S+ missing bill acceptor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:05:36 PM »
Yes the machine will work without a bill acceptor.
Many the bill door switch is open and will not allow you to clear the 61-1 code
Be sure all doors are closed before you turn the reset key.
If all else fails you can perform a clear and that should work but only as a last resort

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:22:48 PM »
Wow that was fast!  Thank you!

I can see using a camera that the optics aren't working.  Traced them to the board on the bottom/back of the machine and checked the connections.  Everything seems ok. I can't imagine LED's dying out but maybe they did.

Also, just FYI, I bought this machine only a few weeks ago in a non-working state, with hopes I could clear that 61 / 61_1 error.  I already performed a clear chip on the MB since it has zero history here anyway.  The chip I used is labeled F760 CLEAR.

Would those codes cause the optics to shut down?

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »
If the door optics aren't working you won't be able to clear the 61-1 code.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »
Do you have an S2000? The optics are the same on them.  Sometimes old parts just wear out or could have a broken wire. But no the 61, 61-1 won't shut the optics down.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:06:33 PM »
No it's an S+, and thank you Dave.  I found some optics for $15 shipped that are the same part number from Gambler's Oasis.

Also, this is the same issue as I, but a different direction: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4761.msg25083#msg25083  I'll try one of those chips too.

My wife wanted this machine since the 90's and they are pretty hard to find, so I took this one ($500) thinking, "Oh I got this.  I can TOTALLY fix this!"

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 04:18:29 PM »
Even with the price of a few parts. You can get it going and you're getting valuable experience in the mean time. Good looking machine, I like Roundtops. Keep us posted to progress, as sometimes there might be a little more to tinker with. We'll wait to hear from you.  And welcome to NLG!

Dave

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »
Thank you for the welcome!  I'll keep this thread going and let everyone know what I did, as soon as I get some of those small parts in.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Awesome..... :cool_thumb_up:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
Hasn't it been said you can perform a sudo-clear on an S+ by swapping in a different MPU and then swapping back to the origional? Or is it just one of the chips, SS or SP? I believe you still have to reset the 61-1 code but I think it clears the loop

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »
When you shut the door do all the displays blank for a few seconds?

If not, do you have power on the green, black pair going to the door optic transmitter?

The bill door switch referred to earlier should be a green, green/black pair (should be beaned) on the lower right wire harness that runs to the handle lock solenoid (can't tell from your picture).

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
Hi off-track.  Yes, the displays do go blank for a few seconds after I shut the door, but the only one after it comes back up is the 61 code.  All of the other displays remain blank (unless I turn the reset key and then I get into a bunch of different testing modes).  That only happens if I don't use the self-test switch on the power switch.

I put a multimeter on the female side of the optics (inside door on the right, not on the door itself) and I'm getting roughly 1.0 AC.

I'm not sure which area to photograph, so here's where the bill acceptor should be.  I know I have a couple of connectors for it, but that's about all I know.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 10:54:19 AM »
Well if the display flashes after the door is shut and latched, the optics are working. So after pushing the test button getting 61-1 then closing and latching the door, it goes back to 61 or stays at 61-1?

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:55 AM »
You don't by chance have a white switch like this in your machine with wires running to it?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
In your pic I see a cut green wire inside the cabinet where the pull arm mechanism is. They are bundled up with the two wires that go to the switch on the pull arm.  I'm almost sure there is two green wires that are cut  that went to the cash can door switch. They have to be connected together . You can't get past 61-1 without those cash can wires connected together.

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
After pressing the self-test on the powerswitch, it goes to 61-1.  Nothing changes after I turn the reset key.

No I don't have that!  I saw it in the manual and thought it was this thing in the photo, but it's got double stick foam tape on it that's rather aged and it tells me it's supposed to be in that spot.  No idea what it is.

Just looked at my Bally Swing Time and CDS Reel Deal Poker and they both have that door switch.

I think I know what I need now.  Geeez.  How did I miss that?  No more beer for me before 8am anymore I guess.

Sunrise, yes there's at least one cut green wire wrapped around the pull mech.  I thought it had something to do with that part since it seems to be bundled in with others.

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:21 AM »
Ok now I'm getting a little progress!

Sunrise, you were right.  Two green wires in there that were cut.  Got 'em hooked together and now I have an error 64.  Reels spun and setup and I get "insert coin" now. 

I don't have error 64 on my error code sheet.  Anyone know what that is or how to continue?

Edit:  Label inside of door says "Link down".  Ok...

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 11:46:12 AM »
Try opening and shutting and latching the door. I wanted to make sure wires weren't bypassed. No you don't need it.

Offline TheBrave

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 11:56:15 AM »
Yeah that cleared it, but when I put a coin in, it comes back.

No worries.  I'll take another crack at it soon.  Need to get back to work, but a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who's helped!  This is a lot further than I was a few weeks ago.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 12:32:07 PM »
Read this and see if it helps. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=1838.0  Could be the battery on the Top Box  MPU also. Read here also http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16011.0  another http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4545.0 Here is pics for the location of the battery in the upper cabinet MPU 
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2772.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal