New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Key Chip issue  (Read 3153 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
S2000 Key Chip issue
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »
I am having an issue, I can get it to the key chip config but the buttons wont work to move through the options.  I have replaced the I/O card on the door and I can either get all the buttons to light up solid or with another card they don't light up at all.  But either way they don't recognize being pushed.  So is it an I/0 card issue, Harness or do I have the wrong game chips on the board?  I think I have 523's on the board with a version 11gxo chip.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Key Chip issue
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
Are you sure you have zero credits on the machine. You will not be able to key with any amount of  $$ on the machine must be zero.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cuda

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:38 PM »
Are you sure you have zero credits on the machine. You will not be able to key with any amount of  $$ on the machine must be zero.

Pretty sure, I will double check but I usually do check that.

I would think I would get to the Key Config screen if I had credits on the game either????

How can I make sure I don't have credits on the machine, basically how do I clear the credits?  I thought they would clear when I did the Ram Clear chip???

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:30:30 PM »
If you performed a Clear it should have removed any credits.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline kindgaming

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kindgaming New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:19:26 PM »
Hi use clear key  224 for the total clear . after use key 45 or key 31 for to setup

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
224/45 should have worked. Is it a 5R game need to know more. Was it working etc.

Offline cuda

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
Hi use clear key  224 for the total clear . after use key 45 or key 31 for to setup

this is exactly what I did.  and used key 45.  then I get the "key config" up but the "spin, cash out, bet, and max bet" buttons won't do anything.  Someone suggested a bad I/O card in the door so I swapped that out and clear and rekeyed it back to the same spot and I will say the different I/O card made all the buttons light up but when you push them to go through the key chip process still nothing moves. so you can key chip the machine.  I am going to even try another I/O card in case I have 2 bad I/O cards I guess unless someone else has a suggestion? 

Offline cuda

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »
224/45 should have worked. Is it a 5R game need to know more. Was it working etc.

It is the 3 reel game pictured in the beginning of the thread.  It wasn't working when I got it, just took it in on trade.  Its coined up with hopper, and was missing coin comparitor when I got it so I put one in and a bill validator.

Everything else runs like normal on the clear and key chip process all the way to set up and I think it would go fine if it would let me choose the options and maneuver through the menu process.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
Maybe look for a bad switch or display on the door harware

Offline cuda

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
Maybe look for a bad switch or display on the door harware

See I love all these ideas, then I can print this thread and go over and try everybody's suggestions and hopefully one them is the answer.

I kinda wondered if the harness was bad myself.  Didn't know if a bad switch would cause all them to not work?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »
Any short on a storm

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »
Basics :: what's the coin battery voltage? 500 series board have you removed the Varta?  You took it on trade what's the p/n of the I/O card? Coin harness plugged in at door? Cash box door/belly door switches bypassed? What are the chip set numbers? How many leds light when you key the machine. How many when you clear?

Offline cuda

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:22 PM »
Basics :: what's the coin battery voltage? 500 series board have you removed the Varta.   You took it on trade what's the p/n of the I/O card? Coin harness plugged in at door? Are door/cash box door/belly door switches bypassed? What are the chip set numbers? How many leds light when you key the machine.

Batteries are good, replaced them including the varta. 3 on the 2032 and 3.6 on the varta
Will have to look at the P/N of the I/O card, just remember it being an 801 card
Coin harness was plugged in at the door, it wasn't the first time and that gave me another error so i quickly found that one.
Cash Box door and belly door switches I bypassed
Not sure of the chip set numbers, what should it have, I have plenty of sets so I can put whatever in there (this was something I wondered if it was correct)  I think I have 523 in the game?
I get 2 amber when I clear, 2 amber when I key.  Don't remember how many leds are lit once it goes through the eprom error and reel spins before the key config comes up.  I can check that, what are you looking for there?

Offline cuda

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:19 PM »
Any short on a storm

Huh? don't know what this means?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »
Means anything connected to the harness that may be closed when it shouldn't be or is shorted can kill your button deck and/or the IO card

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »
What SB, SG, VS chips do you have on the MPU? A picture of the MPU would be great. 801 door I/O card is correct as long as the cabinet I/O card does not have a plastic case. Bill validator is cycling normally?

Offline cuda

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:55 PM »
What SB, SG, VS chips do you have on the MPU? A picture of the MPU would be great. 801 door I/O card is correct as long as the cabinet I/O card does not have a plastic case. Bill validator is cycling normally?

When you ask if the cabinet I/O card has a plastic case you mean like an 802 I/O card not that the I/O card is completely plastic but still an 801, because it might have an 801 black plastic I/O card in the cabinet when I fight got it but I think I pulled that one and put a regular metal 801 in.

Bill Validator is cycling fine in fact I put in one that I knew was working from another machine.

I know I got the right SB chip in the game, but what SG and VS chip should I have in a RWB 5x 3 reel with a super stepper board?  I don't know what was in it originally since I have switch multiple boards seeing if it was the board each having different SG and VS chips on them.  So I could just use someone to correct me on this.  I don't have a picture of the board but could get one when I am at the shop tomorrow.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 04:39:30 AM »
A set of SG 363's would work fine

Offline cuda

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »
A set of SG 363's would work fine

Cool and what VS chip would you use?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »
The fully encased in plastic must go together door and cabinet.  To my knowledge plastic cased do not play nice with all metal cards. If you are using a metal cased 801 in the door the cab I/O must also be metal.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal