New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: new guy having troubles...Error code 80  (Read 8175 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: new guy having troubles...Error code 80
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 09:17:59 AM »
Measure the battery voltage with a meter. That way you will know if the battery is really low or if something else is going on. If the battery voltage is low and it was a new fresh battery not long ago then you may have a bad cmos ram chip that is draining the battery. Or you may have contamination on the board near the battery or cmos ram chip that is doing it. Inspect the board carefully for crud like former battery leakage or whitish mineral deposits from water that has dried or from beverage spills. All of that can conduct elec even after it is dried because it leaves some stuff on the board.

If the battery voltage is not low, still has a good charge on it then there is something else going on, like maybe a bad connection between the battery and the board, or something similar.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 09:24:18 AM »

Also, probably not the problem but something to check,,,

What is the voltage spec on those lithium batteries you installed? Some AA batteries are 1.2 volts when new, I've seen this on AA rechargeable ones. The standard AA battery is 1.5 volts. If you installed a couple of 1.2 volt batteries then you'd only have about 2.4 volts, that probably too low for the mpu that is expecting 3.6 volts. If you are going to use 2 AA batteries then need to make sure they are 1.5 volts each. Should be written right on the side of the battery.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 11:02:38 AM »
 :agreepost:  I have seen battery holders modified from 4 to use 3 battery's. The 1 extra volt will not harm the board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »
Yes, and I've seen this done (photo below) for machines expecting 3.6 volts. The diode drops the voltage by about .7 volt, so you get approx 3.8 volts out of the battery pack (instead of the full 4.5 volts).  There are a few different ways folks have come up with getting it done on pinball and arcade machines, as well as slots.

Offline seth6025

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • seth6025 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
Ok I will check voltage and get back to you with the info. I do know the batteries I installed were 1.5 volts each but I will double check with a meter. Thanks for all the input from everyone

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
So I checked with a meter and I have 4.8V off the batteries. I now have E-0 when I turn on the machine. The 0 is really like the bottom half of an 8?

Offline epb0

• Reputation Power: 0
  • epb0 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
Error 80 -> U18 or/and U20 out of order

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
As in chips out of order? It was working until the battery thing came up.....I never changed any chips around

Offline epb0

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »
Low battery isn't error 80.

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
I know, it was giving me a low battery code so I shut the machine down until I could check voltage. I have now checked it and voltage is what I stated above, but now when I turn the machine on im getting E-0 but the 0 is only small, like taking up the bottom part of the display (kinda like the bottom half of an 8 would look like. Im not saying its a code 80

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
So I checked with a meter and I have 4.8V off the batteries. I now have E-0 when I turn on the machine. The 0 is really like the bottom half of an 8?

Earlier you said you had installed 2 lithium batteries and that they are 1.5 volts each. How are you getting 4.8 volts from a 3 volt pair of batteries? You have the machine turned off when measuring the battery voltage, right?

Offline epb0

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 01:47:37 AM »
As in chips out of order? It was working until the battery thing came up.....I never changed any chips around
Your slot don't stop for low battery, but for error 80. It's what you said at the begin.

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »
not sure what to say I just checked the batteries again and I am getting 4.3V off the 2 AA batterys. I tried checking another rechargabe battery I have and I am getting 2V off that? Would 4.3v be too much for the machine? Maybe I will have to go back to the one battery soldered in again. Kind of a pain in the ass but I was not having any battery problems until now

Offline epb0

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 11:52:25 AM »
1/ Original battery is 3,6V lithium (NO rechargeable).
2/ it's no possible to have 4,3 V with 2x AA
3/ you could use 3x AA (no rechargeable) instead original battery
4/ 4,3V is OK for the machine

Offline seth6025

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »
haven't been on in awhile.....Not sure what fixed it I guess but I did another clear of the machine and this time everything seems fine. Battery code never came up again. Maybe something didn't go right on the first clear but its working and im happy. Thanks for all the help

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal