New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I need advice on Bally S5500  (Read 11621 times)

Offline Bluefish11

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Bluefish11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I need advice on Bally S5500
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »
Hi,
I'm totally new to any of this.
So I got two units from a friend, both not working.
Can anyone give me a starting point?
Here's a few photos.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:48:48 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 165
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: I need advice
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
They are both Bally S5500. May need the battery changed on the board and then do a clear.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
Re: I need advice
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
Ok, I'll try that!
I'm a total newbie here.
I haven't checked back here in awhile, but I'll change the battery and post the results.
Thank you

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: I need advice on Bally S5500
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
Attached is the clear procedure.
 The power supply on the wall behind the hopper could also be bad.
There is a sticky on NLG about how to repair one.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:47:12 AM »
The Diamond Line most likely needs a power supply

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 11:16:48 AM »
Ok, wow
It seems I have my work cut out for me.
Thank you I'll get back with some results.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Ok, I found the battery.
My volt meter says it's dead.
Could anyone tell me where to get a new battery? And how do i replace it?
The other machine is missing the board completely, is it possible to buy another one?
Thank you

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »
You can order the new battery online from various places and replace it yourself if you are ok with soldering. If not, many cities have a place that sells batteries, like a Batteries Plus store or similar. They usually have a tech there that will replace the battery for you. The battery is a 3.6 volt lithium battery, that should be written on the side of the battery.

I can't tell from your photo, if the battery is not soldered to the board and is held in place by battery clips or a battery holder then it is easy to replace and you should be able to do it yourself.

The batteries come with pigtails or with solder tabs for the soldering type. The non-solder type just have the regular battery contacts on the end - flat on negative end and a nipple on the positive end.

If you want to post a request to buy a mpu board for the machine that is missing one we can do it here. Or you can look on the NLG home page at the supporting vendors (slot machine parts sellers) and contact them. And there's always ebay and other places online to find a Bally S5500 mpu board. The replacement mpu board will most likely not have the game software chips installed. You will need to order and install them onto the mpu board. To get the correct chips you need to know the machine model (Bally S5500) and the name of the game or the SMI number for the chips. Does your friend know what happened to the old mpu board? If it is bad the software chips could still be good, or at least you could get the info off the chip labels.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:52:31 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline clading

• Reputation Power: 5
  • clading New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 05:46:36 AM »
I got a battery from Batteries Plus for $4. Walked in with the board and they had exactly what I needed right there. Had pigtails attached, ready to solder to board.

Offline Bluefish11

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »
Thanks again for your help.
I would like to purchase a from you, I can't get in touch with my friend anymore, he told me the one with the board worked but it only took the old 20s. I bought a battery 10.00 bucks at battery plus, they even tac welded the leads on the battery. They didn't solder to the board, I dropped it off at a computer shop, they will solder the battery for me.
I'm not sure what game was installed in this unit, but here's the model number.
I wouldn't mind if it had another game as long as I can get it to work.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
That will be very good if the one machine (Diamond Line?) works ok after replacing the dead battery. The bill acceptor only taking old $20's is due to its internal software being out of date. You may be able to fix that, either by loading newer software into the bill acceptor, or by replacing it with a more recent bill acceptor. Post some photos of the bill acceptor that show what model it is and we can tell you more about updating it. If it is working ok it should always accept $1 bills, so try them first and make sure they get accepted all the time.

Please re-read your last post, parts of it are not clear. I don't have a Bally mpu for sale and I didn't see anyone else in this thread say they had one. Is the machine in the photo that you posted the one that needs the mpu, or is it the machine that already has an mpu? Either way I don't recognize the name of the game but I'm not a Bally S5500 expert.

The problem with just buying a S5500 mpu and putting some other game chips on it is that the reel strips and payout glass will not match the game software. So you need to identify the game that was in the machine (glass artwork and reel strips) and get the correct software to match that game. Unless you want to change the strips & glass too.

I recommend you concentrate on getting just one of the machines working at this point. It will be less confusing for you since this is all new. Then you can use the working one to help figure out what is wrong with the other machine, since they are the same model.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:42:33 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
Just in case, and I am not recommending it at this point, I sell S5500 Pro Slot boards on the KLAR website.
I have had 3 customers that bought S5500 machines and did not realize it came with no board or software.
Pictures of the machine and the reels allowed me to direct them to the proper software so they could put it the board they purchase from KLAR.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 09:05:32 PM »
Looks like his photo might be of a Blazing 7's, 3 coin multiplier machine. But that belly glass is throwing me a curve. Reminds me of some kind of satanic logo or something out of Hades.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 09:27:14 PM »
It's 7's burning in hell !!
Maybe the game should be called sinful 7's ??

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 09:29:49 PM »
It's 7's burning in hell !!
Maybe the game should be called sinful 7's ??

Ha! as long as you can provide the game eproms for it he'll be fine with it.  Might be good for him to use the mpu from the other machine to make sure this one only needs an mpu. There might be other stuff that is bad too, so his total parts cost might change his mind about repairs, I'm not sure and don't want to assume.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:55:36 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
Only two main components go bad on a S5500, the MPU and the power supply.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 09:55:01 PM »
If Sunrise Side is correct then the Diamond Line machine might need a power supply, so the power supply from this Blazing 7's  machine could be removed to fix the Diamond Line. Are replacement power supplies available and cost something reasonable?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 07:01:19 AM »
There is a sticky in the S5500 section that explains how to repair a Bally silver power supply.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 07:08:19 AM »
I didnt notice the MPU was missing from the Diamond line, so the power supply may be fine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 09:14:50 AM »
His 2nd photo is blurry but I think the Diamond Line is the machine with the mpu and he is getting the battery on it replaced. It is the Blazing 7's that does not have an mpu.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal