New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT red white blue  (Read 12253 times)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT red white blue
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
Ken: my apologies, I was the one who read it wrong. Oops!  :duh:

Thanks for the help on making me think I was losing it! LOL ... get enough of that from my wife.

Offline FastEd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • FastEd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »
Ken,

I've looked at the board and it doesn't appear anything is bent or disturbed.
I hear one ding when I turn on the machine. Nothing displayed in the windows at this point. I push the test button for 4 seconds and I see "0" in the coins played window along with a continuous ding and nothing else takes place....

-Ed

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
Thanks Shaggy,

Everything seems to be good with the pins. None bent.... I have checked the board numerous times and it is seated well....

-Ed

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »
Try pushing and releasing the self test switch button .. don't press and hold at this time.

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
Ken,

I just tried pushing and releasing the test button and a "0" appeared in the coins played window. After approximately 10 seconds, the "0" disappeared....  Nothing after that....
However, I didn't get the continuous ding!!!!

-Ed

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
Did you hear a ding when you first turned the machine on this time?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »
Ed, I would put everything back as it should be and start over,  put the SP chip back in ( observe the notch)  put the board back in and fire it up and try to do the 61/61_1  again.

where did you get the clear chip from?  is it the correct clear for a S+?   this clearing procedure is pretty much automatic, turn the machine on, ding, press the test button once, the  machine will count two cycles, done.   shaping up to look like the e-squared chip is bad on the motherboard, its the only chip on the board, an eight pin chip. usually if you can't clear a 61, that's a classic tell tale sign that the chip is bad.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »
At the risk of boring you all, let begin again on how this all started and I decided to try the clear chip.

Like a foolish ol'man, I bought two machines.... One of the machines (#1) is working fine after replacing the battery and simply following the process to get it up and working. I also replaced the battery in the other machine (#2), the Red, White and Blue machine we are discussing. However, following the same process, after replacing the battery, didn't work for me. So, I thought it might be the board.
However, when I put the board from that machine (#1),  into the machine I'm working on, (#2)  I get the same error "63".
Also, when I put the board from #2 into #1 it works fine....
Hope this is not too confusing.... I know I'm getting confused myself!!!! :duh:

Thanks for listening,,,,

-Ed

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »
That is good thinking and normal troubleshooting when you have a second similar machine available.

Nothing wrong with what you did.   :nerd:

IGT S+ machines are known for sometimes getting stuck in a 61 error loop, that's one of the main uses for the CLEAR chip.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
..... shaping up to look like the e-squared chip is bad on the motherboard, its the only chip on the board, an eight pin chip. usually if you can't clear a 61, that's a classic tell tale sign that the chip is bad.

Jim

Jim, is that eeprom chip socketed or soldered to the motherboard?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:12 PM »
This is the board we are working with!!!!

Hope it's clear enough to see....

-Ed

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »
the board you pictured is the cpu board, the mother board is the board that the cpu board plugs into, its located on the bottom of the cabinet.   

the eeprom is typically soldered to the board.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
Jim, please allow me to repeat myself!!!! I'm a novice at best,,,, sorry....

Thanks again,,,,

-Ed

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 11:56:14 PM »
Thanks for the help on making me think I was losing it! LOL ... get enough of that from my wife.

Ha! Sounds like she needs to start nagging at me.  :)

However, when I put the board from that machine (#1),  into the machine I'm working on, (#2)  I get the same error "63".

To be clear, when you put the MPU board from your working machine into the problem machine, are you using the same chips (SP and SS) from the working machine, or are you swapping the chips?  If you were swapping them, I'd be interested in having you put the board, working chips and all (even if it's a different game theme/title), into the problem machine to see what happens.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 06:15:03 AM »
Good morning with good news!!!!

Well, here is a recap.... Keeping in mind I'm a novice at best. I installed the clear chip,. got a continuous ding and let it ding for 90 seconds, thinking it was part of the counting process. Put the game chip back in, turned on the machine with the same results, nothing different.... I repeated the process again, with the same outcome....So, after sitting and staring at the board, for a considerable period of time, I decided to put the game chip back in, for the last time, and start the machine one more time....To my SURPRISE, I finally got the elusive, error 65.1 and continued from there!!!! IT WORKED!!!! I then followed instructions on the BV chip and it appears to have worked.... The only issue I have now is the BV will take a $20.00 bill but seems to disappear somewhere. When I remove the cash box, it is crumbled behind the cashbox... I'll keep working on that issue....
All in all, it has been a very educational journey....
I want to thank you for all your patience and assistance....   
Sorry for rambling on,,,,

Thanks again,,,,
Respectfully,

-Ed

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »
Congrats on getting your machine working. Not sure that your clear chip is good, but I guess it's a moot point right now.

I'm marking this topic as solved. Please create a new thread if you need further assistance with your bill validator issue.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 11:10:41 AM »
Thanks knagl and a big thank you to all who walked me through this process!!!!
Much appreciated....

-Ed

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 06:13:45 AM »
Hello again,,,,
Well, after getting this machine to work properly for approximately a month, I'm now getting a code 43 and the reels spin continuously. I then turn the reset key (with the door open),  and they stop until I close the door and they begin to spin again....

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.....

-Ed

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Assuming that you have checked to make sure there are no obstructions for the 3rd reel to keep it from spinnig freely, with the power off switch the 3rd reel with the 2nd reel.  If you get code 42, then you have a bad reel and need to get a new one.  If you still get a code 43, then your reel control chip for the 3rd reel is having issues or there's a harness issue (check the harness to make sure it is not loose).  You would need a new MPU board, or if you are handy with desoldering, you can move one of the unused reel 4 or 5 control chips over to 3 (most S+ boards were furnished with 5 reel control chips,but there are only a handful of s+ games with 5 reels, so it's ok to remove reel 4 and 5 chips).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline FastEd

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 04:30:03 AM »
Thanks rickhunter,,,,

I switched reel 3 with reel 2 and the code remained the same. I also took a reel from another machine and placed it in reel slot 3 and then reel slot 2 with the same results each time, (code 43).
Again, all reels continuously spin. I then turn the reset key (with the door open), and they stop until I close the door and they begin to spin again....
All wiring and harnesses seem to be fine. Moving control chips sounds a little above my paygrade. I suppose I need to try or get another MPU.

Thanks again,,,,

-Ed

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal