New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: coin optic Q2 removal  (Read 1387 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
coin optic Q2 removal
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
i have seen 2 s plus lately that both have the same problem, wont credit when a coin is dropped. no code21, but both games fail test 10_1.  11_1 and 12_1  pass.  different  optics solved it.  i only have one good optic, and 2 machines that need them. the one i will have is  on the way from jim at midwest . i have seen posts saying removal of Q2 can solve the problem. we are talking Q2 on the optic board, not the mpu?  with the optics bad anyway, i thought it might be worth a try.  i was thinking  to try 3 new receivers but the ones i have are too tall, or much smaller than the originals. 

are these boards getting harder to find?   unless removing q2 works, ill need another.

thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: coin optic Q2 removal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »
I have tried replacing the opto emitters and detectors on the board but the board will still give a fail so it seems to be some SMD component on the board that goes bad.
Rumor has it that someone out there actually repairs them but I have not found them.
I have a bag of 20 of them I would like to get fixed.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:54:00 AM »
Mike,    unfortunately, the way the components were marked on the coin in optics board is confusing. the three optic detectors  are marked Q-1, Q-2 and Q-3. these are actually the component that receives the IR beam sent out by the IR emitter on the back board of the optics. IGT increased the security of coin stringing by adding some counters to the optic board, this new board has to work in conjunction with a rev.c coin comparitor, the Q-1,2,3, are metal cans with a glass window or a solid black material, these should never be removed, these are required for normal operation.  the Q-2 or Q-4 that should be removed is a surface mounted transistor, the reason for Q-2 or Q-4,  on one version of the board that component was marked Q-2, on the later versions  the  component was marked Q-4.  when the counters that were added are equal in their count they output a pulse that will turn on Q-2 or Q-4, this will put a ground on the Q-1 optic detector, this disables the detector from seeing the beam from the IR emitter, so the coin will not be seen and no credit to the machine. by removing Q-2 or Q-4, you remove the potential for the ground and thus disabling the Q-1 detector.  the machine will operate as usual and you or the machine will never know the difference.  The biggest advantage to this modification, with Q-2 or Q-4 removed you can now use a different coin acceptor   other than a cc-16. you can use a mechanical, or an Imonex .

hope this clears up the confusion.

Jim

P.s.  if you removed the detector, send it to me, I'll repair it for you.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:08:26 AM »
i didnt remove the detector, i'll try the q2 surface mount.  one thing i have noticed;  i had a machine with the imonex unit, if i remember right , it had no wiring at all.  after seeing that, on some machines with cc-16's ,while testing ,  ive jammed the rake so coin would always go thru the optics, and the optics work with the comparator unplugged.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »
no soap.  i removed surface mount Q2 on two different optics that didnt work in 10_1 test, and both now come up with code 21.  oh well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal