New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt cats and dogs with a code 41  (Read 2637 times)

Offline RONR11

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • RONR11 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt cats and dogs with a code 41
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »
Got everything hooked up after finally finding my problem with connector, booted up with a code 41 swapped reels with reel 2 and still got so I did a clear and got the 61 and 61-1 cleared and 41 came back. swapped boards with a clear and still have a 41. I guess my question is my game chip bad? when I got this game the motherboard was fried so I'm guessing they are wasted also. Any thoughts? thanks Ron

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: igt cats and dogs with a code 41
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »
Error code relates to reel #1. The problem can be caused by the reel or reel motor not letting the reel index properly, there is an optic sensor on the reel circuit board and it keeps track of each revolution, timing is checked. Or it can be something rubbing against the reel when the door is closed, so check for clearance of nearby stuff that might be rubbing against the spinning reel. Since you swapped reel #1 and #2 around and you still get error 41 then you know the reel assembly itself is not the problem. If the wiring harness and connector for reel #1 is ok (no bent or broken or corroded pins) then the next likely part is the mpu board. You said you swapped a board but didn't specify which one. The mpu is where the reel control circuitry is. If you have another mpu try swapping it to see if error 41 goes away, unless you've already done that.

Since the machine has had a circuit board with burned parts then the possibilities get larger, you may have to consider other less likely stuff until you find out what is causing the problem. If you have another machine available you could install the mpu with the suspect game chips from this machine into it and see if it works ok, to prove it doesn't cause error 41. Are all of the power supply voltages ok?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RONR11

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 03:26:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I read last nite that my replacement board is a 10 instead of a 16 but 1 also found a burnt pin on the original board and I'm going to trace it and will get back. Thanks Ron
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:23:49 AM by Shaggy »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 06:23:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I read last nite that my replacement board is a 10 instead of a 16 but 1 also found a burnt pin on the original board and I'm going to trace it and will get back. Thanks Ron

Are you saying you swapped to a 10Mhz board and put the chips from the 16Mhz in? If so, the 16Mhz chips will not work.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline RONR11

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »
Thanks Dave I see now that maybe my problem Mu 16 has a burnt pin so I'll probably get another mpu as that might be my problem also

Offline RONR11

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
Swapped boards with my other S+ and it's in the mpu. I'm guessing it's better to find another 16 instead trying to troubleshoot this one. The board I got from
eBay is a 10,so I'll look again. Thanks for replies Ron

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »
There were some S+ MPU Boards and back plane mother boards for sale in the classified section a while back. You might want to look thru there. If I remember correctly they were $50 each, but don't quote me on that.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RONR11

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
Thanks I'll look,Ron

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »

Are you saying you swapped to a 10Mhz board and put the chips from the 16Mhz in? If so, the 16Mhz chips will not work.

Dave

Dave,  educate me - Can you do the reverse, install the game chips from a 10mhz board into a 16mhz board? When a person buys game chips how does he know if they are for the 10mhz or the 16mhz board?  Is this just a matter of the speed rating on the eproms, or something internal in the game software?

Also, I've heard that in some cases you can run an S+ game on an S2000. If so, to do that does it matter if it is the 10mhz or the 16mhz S+ game chips? Thanks!
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »

Dave

Dave,  educate me - Can you do the reverse, install the game chips from a 10mhz board into a 16mhz board? When a person buys game chips how does he know if they are for the 10mhz or the 16mhz board?  Is this just a matter of the speed rating on the eproms, or something internal in the game software?

Also, I've heard that in some cases you can run an S+ game on an S2000. If so, to do that does it matter if it is the 10mhz or the 16mhz S+ game chips? Thanks!

Education is really not my game, but is my wife's. Although hers is Special Education, but I'll give it my best shot. The game chips are board specific. Since they are what controls the volume. And more than that, I'm not anywhere near an Ace when it comes to the chips. I'm sure the volume isn't the only difference. I don't burn chips, so when it comes to that, others have way  more knowledge than I do.   The speed is important but mainly when using them in the S2000 setup. They need to be at least 120ns to work in an S2000. Some of the S+ chips are 150ns , which isn't fast enough for the S2000 machine. I know you are computer savvy, so chip speed, you understand. That being said, the S2000 using the SB001000 (stepper base) chip and the correct speed  Reel chip correct for the game, allows you to play S+ games in an S2000. So you don't actually use the SP chip. The reel chip socket in the S2000 is longer than the 28 pin Reel chip, so the Reel chip sets back to the end of the socket (chip indentation facing correctly) to work. The S2000 sets the game volume internally. So my volume is controlled by the game menu, just like a 16MHZ does in the S+ machines.  I hope I haven't muddied the waters too much with this. My experience comes from my own machines and what I have worked with. I'm going to add the SP chip list which tells which is 10 or 16. It may not be all inclusive, but gives many of the ones available. I think the 16MHZ boards were the precursor to the S2000 machines, which not only used the machine menu, but the expanded sound, boards, VFD etc. Getting ready for the next big thing. Now the caveat........If I have missed anything, screwed something up or just not added enough, please jump (chime) in and correct. I hope this helps some. You don't know this but.....I had my left leg amputated above the knee 7 weeks ago. Kind of explains my absence of late. I keep telling everyone not to ask me any difficult questions, because I'm stumped already. Sorry an amputee joke. I have to use them to break the ice. But I hope I helped some with what I know. And it's good to be back on NLG. Thanks

Dave

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:19:00 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
Thanks a biggie for that explanation Dave, cleared up my questions. I didn't know about your operation, sorry that you had to deal with that but so glad you are back in action here, you are a big part of what's good about NLG.  :cool_thumb_up:

sincerely wishing you the best,
Mike

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »
Dave,  I hope you have a speedy recovery. Nice to have you back on NLG..  :cool_thumb_up:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 05:35:24 AM »
Mike and Gary, thank you both. I'm doing great and feeling great.
I know I didn't hit on all the aspects of the 16MHZ chip as I think some of the machines that have a lot of the extra bells and whistles use the 16 chip. It seems to me that was mentioned about some of the less common machines. The fancier ones with top box units that add to the game.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal