New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New to Slot Machines - How Do I Tell The Model and other questions from a beginn  (Read 4911 times)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
I don't think you can't access the optics test when the machine is booting up into a 61 error.

Just to make 100% sure that you're trying to clear the 61 error correctly, you should be doing the following:

- Turn on the machine, get a code 61. 

- Press and hold the white self test button next to the power switch, the error should change to 61-1 (and you should hear a "ding" if the speaker is working).  Release the button.

- Ensure that the bill validator stacker ("cash can") door is closed firmly and latched (if equipped).

- Close the main door and ensure that the latch is all the way down.

- Turn the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine once and release it.  The 61-1 should clear and the machine should do its "maiden spin".  If it is not doing that, please tell us what you see happening (if anything) after that last step.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline marchettig

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • marchettig New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Wonder if it may be the bill validator door sensor.  I read on here somewhere that you could bypass that by splicing the two green wires.  Any thoughts on that or if it would do more harm than good?  The lock on the box had been drilled out, so i had been trying to keep it taped shut.  Hopefully that is the issue and can be solved with bypassing.  Attaching picture for reference.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
splice those two wires together .. no harm

Offline marchettig

• NLG
I feel like i'm making some progress here.  Thanks for the ok to splice them together - seems I'm now able to get past the 61-1 error, and onto a 65-1.  Going to hunt around on the forums here for a bit to see what i can find regarding that error type.

Thanks again to all that have supported thus far!  I'm sure i'll be back for more  :)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Here's the list of error codes if you haven't found them.   65-1 open the door and press the test switch 1 to 2 seconds.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline marchettig

• NLG
Thanks again, Dave.  This is very helpful and now i'm able to get rid of all the error codes. 

Was just looking inside the machine and noticed something i have a question about.  At the back of the coin hopper, there is a connection that looks like a plug where the hopper plugs into.  There is one lonely stray blue connection that is not plugged in, and an empty slot where it looks like it may go.  Should i plug this wire into here, or leave it as is?  Picture below...

As a side note, i was able to play a quarter and hit on a cherry that should pay two quarters.  I hear the hopper revving up, then sounds like it changes direction.  Then throws a code of 3300.  I have about five dollars in quarters in there, so not sure if that is due to just a low level, or maybe something else?  Any thoughts?

One other note - and not sure if this is of importance or plays into what is going on here.  I did do the "clear chip" on the machine, and haven't yet changed any of the default settings.  Maybe this is something that is throwing off the coin hopper?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
If for some reason the quarters don't ride up on the spinning hopper wheel (coin shelf) and then go past the coin counter that is mounted on the top edge of the hopper then the machine thinks the hopper is empty and gives the 3300 error.
You can unplug the machine and pull the hopper straight out of the machine. Then slowly turn the hopper wheel by hand in CCW direction and see if the coins are moving up on the wheel. Th wheel is tilted backwards so that the quarters will catch on little nubs/raised bumps on the wheel. Also look for any jammed coins at the top edge of the hopper that may be blocking coins from passing. On some machines or some models of hoppers if things get jammed up the hopper motor will reverse direction to try to unjam things, don't know if your hopper is this kind. Do a good visual inspection of the hopper coin bowl and up near the top of the coin bowl where the coin knife, coin separator and coin counter are located.

The hopper motor has a little brake that keeps the motor and wheel from turning unless it is supposed to. You will need to push this little brake to the released position to turn the hopper wheel. The brake is located near the hopper motor itself, usually on the left side of the hopper.

Don't force anything, don't want to break the brake.

If you inserted the CLEAR chip into the mpu board and did the CLEAR procedure then you not only cleared the ram but it also resets many of the machine preference settings and some of them will have to be set again to what you want. That's why it isn't recommended you do the CLEAR procedure unless you really need to. One of the things that goes back to default factory setting is the bill validator is disabled. Your hopper settings probably changed also, so you will have to check them to see what they are set to. There is a sticky note at the top of this forum that covers this. But it sounds like your hopper payout problem is something mechanical going on with the hopper, so check it over.

Post photos of your hopper showing the coin bowl and the top area of the coin bowl, we might see something that is the problem.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Plug the wire back onto your hoppers plug.. I had the same problem on a S+ here about a month ago.. I must have knocked mine off cleaning out about 100 tokens because the machine was moved with coins in the hopper. Once i plugged my wire back on the plug the error code was gone and played and paid just fine..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline marchettig

• NLG
I was able to take apart the coin hopper based on some of the other threads i've found along with using some of the feedback from here.  Looks like the plastic coin knife (not sure if that is the exact name) was broken off close to where it screws onto the hopper.  I tried temporarily repairing it with Gorilla Glue, but it just breaks right off again.  Looks like i'll have to order a new one and go from there.  It doesn't look like the coin knife was sitting close enough to the wheel, so hoping that is why it wasn't paying off. 

The pictures below don't show the coin knife lined up where it should be, but figured i would post these to see if anyone saw anything else that was "off."  Once i have the proper coin knife, i'll reinstall and adjust it accordingly.

Anyone know the real name of what i'm calling the "coin knife" and where i can find one that would be metal, instead of plastic?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
"Hopper knife" or "coin knife" is what I think it is usually called. Some of the guys here should have one if you need to get another. You can post a WTB message here and the staff will move it to the Classified Ads forum.

Looks like the point of the coin knife has slipped downward and there is a gap behind it. The point should be riding on top of that edge just above where the point is now. The idea is as a coin comes to the point the coin gets picked up by the knife and the coin then travels along the upper edge of the knife over to the left where it exits the machine. There are a couple of screws you can loosen to adjust the knife position. If the knife is bent and made of metal you can sometimes remove it and straighten it, then reinstall. If you remove it pay attention to how it is mounted, sometimes has shims or spacer washers on the knife mount screws. If the knife is plastic and defective then it has to be replaced.

I've made some notes on your photo below, may be helpful. In the area where I have added the yellow circle there should be a coin counter, they are either an optical sensor and the coin pass thru it's arms, or the counter is a rocker arm device that the coin pushes upward as it passes by. As the rocker arm moves upward its other end activates a switch or an optical sensor. Both types of counters send a signal to the mpu that a coin has been paid out. That way the mpu knows when to shutoff the hopper motor. I can't tell from the photo but didn't see your hopper's coin counter, unless that is a rocker arm counter with the rusty screw/mounting post in the photo??

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:51:12 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline marchettig

• NLG
Looks like the point of the coin knife has slipped downward and there is a gap behind it. The point should be riding on top of that edge just above where the point is now. The idea is as a coin comes to the point the coin gets picked up by the knife and the coin then travels along the upper edge of the knife over to the left where it exits the machine. There are a couple of screws you can loosen to adjust the knife position. If the knife is bent you can remove it and straighten it, then reinstall. If you remove it pay attention to how it is mounted, sometimes has shims or spacer washers on the knife mount screws.

Thanks again for the info!  I had just gotten done loosening the screws, so it had slipped down.  Wanted to take a couple of pictures at the time, but was too lazy to put it back in position where it should have gone.  Although, it did look like there was a pretty large space underneath the knife so it likely wouldn't have lifted the quarters.  Unfortunately, the coin knife isn't usable at this point and i'm ordering a new one.  When i reinstall, i'll make sure to orient it correctly so it lifts the coins off the wheel.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this will get me up and running  :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
-EDIT- just reread stuff and saw that the knife is plastic and broken

Sounds good. While you are getting a new one sent to you you can try removing the knife and bending it slightly so that it will lay against the spinning coin wheel and the point is riding on the edge (shelf) that the coin travels on. That way you could test the hopper to see if anything else is needed.

While you were posting I went back and added more info to my post (reply #29 above) just before yours. Do you see a coin counter on your hopper? Look at the photo where I added a yellow circle. You should be able to work the coin counter up and down, same as a coin pushing it upward and then it moves down after the coin has passed by.

They do make hopper knives in plastic and in metal styles. There should be someone here on NLG that has them, also the usual places like ebay, Spin Inc, etc. They come in different sizes for the coin your hopper is using, like nickel, quarter, dollar, etc. And they are in different style according to which model of hopper (Bally, IGT, WMS, etc) so be sure to get the correct one.

Here is one source, but it is plastic and I'm not sure it is for quarters, might be nickels:
http://www.spininc.com/03015-0
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:18:54 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline marchettig

• NLG
I appreciate the picture with all the detail and labeling.  I had no idea what each of these parts are and that certainly helps my understanding.  I ended up finding the model number on the coin knife and ordered the exact same one.  Found a five pack of them so grabbed that to have some backups.  Once they arrive, I'll get back to troubleshooting.  THANKS AGAIN!

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Put in a WTB request for the coin knife .
One of the dealers here on the site will set you up.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal