New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Payout problems  (Read 7349 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Payout problems
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:17 AM »
For the most part the machine pays out correctly but from time to time the following 2 errors arise:

Problem 1:  the hopper will pay out slighly higher or lower than payout should be (example on a 40 payout it may give 38 or 41 etc)  The actual payout of coins does match the amount on the counter.

Problem 2:  Doesn't make payout when it should (no coins at all).  I did notice that the winner paid light did not go out from the previous win.

thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:13:36 AM by rjpohl »

Offline dextrose42

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dextrose42 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Payout problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
There are wipers on the hopper that determine payout.  Every time a coin clicks the microswitch on its way out, it advances the wiper assembly 1 click.   If the blade is bent weird, this sort of thing would happen.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
You may not have enough tension on your 100 tooth paygear spiral spring. 2 & 1/2 turns is normal.
2. Sounds like hopper not resetting if winner pd lite stays on. Chk zero sw and your B sw.
Always look at your payboard fingers when mispay-- if not reset they'll not be at zero
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:46:47 AM »
I added a turn to spring.

Payout meter was on 0
I played and got a 10 coin win, hopper paid out 11, winner paid light came on
inserted another coin and pulled handle, the winner light stayed on and meter did not go back to 0

I manually reset the payout wheel by depressing the plunger , winner paid light went off but counter remained on 11
I played a few more times and had to manually reset hopper payout wheel when there was a payout to get winner paid light off (meter never resets).

the pay out meter advance each time there is a payout but never goes back to 0, it's on 64 now.

Not sure what's going on because the winner paid light would go off and the meter would reset before, the only problem then was an extraa coin paid out on payouts (usually one or two extra and payouts of 20 or 40).

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:25:44 AM »
Chk zero sw & your B sw... You will probably notice 2 separate B sws? One resets payboard, t'other resets meter.
Also try 1/4 turn on your spring, a full turn will probably bind up

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »
Reno,
both B switches are in the open position and winner paid light is on.  Is open the correct position for winner paid light to be off?
Also not sure where zero switch is loacated.

thanks

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
OK I think I located zero switch, is it the horizional switch in this pic?  It is in open position and winner paid light is on.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 11:25:18 AM »
Zero sw is on your payboard
Push back timing bar above clock and verify both B sws close.
Zero & B sws turn on payboard reset solenoid. Solenoid linkage opens winner paid lite switch. You'll see switch if you look at the linkage--behind payboard.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 11:52:19 AM »
yes both Bswitches do close during the travel of the timing bar.

Sorry but I'm confussed because I just don't know the proper name for the parts. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 02:15:16 PM »
I'm not getting anywhere so I thought maybe I tried to tell you guys ezactly what I see happening:

The insert coin and coin accepted lights work like they should.

i coin up and trip handle, reels start and stop as they should.
if I hit a win the hopper starts and pays out.
at the end of the payout the winner paid light comes on and the winner paid meter increases.

Now here's where I need help.

Should the winner paid light go off and the coins paid meter go back to zero when the next coin is inserted or when handle is pulled or when reels stop???

I have found that after I complete a spin (winner paid ia still on).  It will go off if I paly several more spins or if trip one of the B switches and the winner paid will go out, if the trip the other B switch the meter does not go back to zero.

what baffles me is it was playing great just a extra coin payout every once in a while.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
Clean your zero and B sws & make sure they make good contact when closed. You should see them 'push' against the other side of switch.
Also trace the non-blue side of your winner pd lite (note color of wire) back to the winner paid lite leaf switch (behind the payboard) and clean it & make sure it opens fully after you push the payboard reset coil/solenoid.
Work the payboard step up and payboard reset coils & verify that leaf switch controlled by the linkage opens & closes.
If your payboard resets after handle pull (payfingers go back to 6:00 position), then most probably that win pd leaf switch on back of payboard is adjusted too close & is not opening fully when it latches out.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
I've been cleaning the contacts with a piece of a business card, should I use rubbing alcohol or something else?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
Sure...
You might check them with your ohm meter.
Touch the solder end, not the leaf part to get a true reading.
If they all check good, then trace from point to point along the circuits.
Follow the wire colors.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »
I've cleaned the zero and B switches. 

if I manually engage the reset plunger on the payout counter the winner paid meter goes out.  Can you tell me if the winner paid light is supost to go out when you insert a coin or does it go out when you pull handle?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
After you pull the handle & before the reels index. Same with your win meter. You can test that with jumpers to see if it resets and steps.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »
Nice clean photo of the zero switch. Was checking to see if the little rubber stopper was gummed up.
But it's clean, when ther're gummed up the switch will stick occasionally.
Also check to see if the green armature for the zero switch is moving freely on the shaft.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 03:20:48 AM »
As clean as the top of the payboard is
Did you clean it Bob
I ask because the bottom has the lines on it from the wiper fingers

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 05:24:03 AM »
Jon, I don't remember doing any real cleaning on the payboard.  The original problem with this machine was related to the reels not spinning freely and the third reel never stopped.  I started another post and with the help of Amechanic I got that problem resolved quickly.  After that I played it off and on for several days with the only problem being an overpay of 1 or 2 coins now and then.  Then one morning when I was playing it I noticed that the meter (that shows amount won) was not going back to zero and then the winner paid light was not going off after a win (I think it should go off when you pull the handle on the very next play.  I've also noticed that the reset plunger does not activate and the wipers are stopped in the position of the picture above.  If I activate the reset plunger by hand the wipers move to position at 6 o'clock and the winner paid light goes off, the win meter does not zero out.  I've attached a few other pics I have and can post more if you need to see a certain item.
Again thanls to Old Reno and everyone else who's been trying to guide me through this, my strength is more mechanical items and I'm very weak in the electrical area (so please be patient with me, this is a beautiful slot that desires a better life!!).
Bob
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:36:23 PM by rjpohl »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
The 1088 I have does the same thing the win meter keeps adding up for awhile then resets.
When the machine gets completely warmed up it works okay. Try turning the machine on and let it set for 20 minutes before playing.
Try manually stepping the payout step up unit a few times, watch how it returns. Could be sluggish and or not returning all the way. Try to get some lubericant onto the center axis. A cautionary note do not use any harsh chemicals for cleaning the spiral cam. Even some contact cleaners will melt the plastic cam. Check to see if the spiral cam carriage moves freely, that's the part that looks like a sling shot.
Most likely you could manually disinguage the step up lever and the reset mechanism and turn the cam by hand. I would do this on my personal machines, but use your own judgement as I wouldn't want you to damage your machine on my advice.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 02:59:39 PM »
DavidLee, I removed the spiral cam carraige (sling shot looking piece), cleaned and lubed it, not the winner light is going off on next spin!  the meter has also went back to zero every time!

I'll play it a little more the next couple of days and let you know how it performs.

thanks a million

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal