New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Test harness  (Read 3918 times)

Online Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Test harness
« on: December 24, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
i have been fixing a lot of ems im wondering if anyone knows where i can get the beau connectors to make test harnesses. I have found them a few places but they never seem too have the correct pin count or arrangement.

And just for fun a picture of my current project.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Test harness
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
I bought a full set from someone on ebay a year or so ago.  Might just do a search there and see what you find.  If you can't find any let me know and I'll see if I can dig up his info.
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »
I know who your talking about. I know he should still have 18 & 24 pin extention cables, but I'm not sure about the 30 cables. The 30 pin beau plugs are very hard to find any more. I my self only have one spare set of the 30 pin plug. I bought two 30 pin extention cables a few years back and built my self 2 sets each of the 18 and 24 pin. I found that one set is not alway enough if you wanted to work on certain machines.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 07:28:34 AM »
I think I used mine one time to show a customer what is Harper was doing I told him what part he told me he had replaced it already so I plugged it in put it on the bench show them and put a new one on only time I've ever needed them

Online Retro tech repair

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 08:33:24 AM »
Consider yourself lucky. I have needed them a few times when working in the top. Have resorted to taking loose connections up there putting the machine on the floor, and using my lift to just barely get access to what i needed. That's normally only on machines that other people have modified or machines with slight fire damage.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »
EBay, I've seen them on there reasonably priced. Try searching by their correct name Cinch Jones connectors.
Also pay attention to the pin configuration and guide pin placement.
Made a couple of sets approximately 6 feet long. The hardest part was finding the right cable.
I used 16 pair color coded communication cable doubling up on the commons yellow, orange and blue.
Assemble by plugging the male and female together, flux all the soldering points.
And of course double check continuity.

I've used my cables quite a few times, so much easier to see what or what's  not happening.
Have a couple of videos on YouTube, "Odds video" at Gambel007.

Online Retro tech repair

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »
I was going to use scrap wire from s2k harnesses but the telecom wire is a good idea. I have some patch cable that has 60 wires in it should work well. I also have 4 spools of cat6.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 03:33:12 PM »
When I made mine I just bought some 16/18 gauge wire off Ebay and cut each piece to length I wanted. The soldered one wire at a time to each plug. When finished I just used some zip ties and electrical tape to bind them together. I did my 18, and 24 pin cables in different colors. I even made 2 extention cables so I could work on the early fortune 1 & 2 video pokers monitors. That same cable works on the PE and PE+ machines.

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »
I bought a full set from "Jim" here on the NLG forum I believe.  WELL worth it!  I have used mine several times.  Extremely well made and a great guy.  I even had some custom jumpers made for my Bally Arrow Line.  They are long enough and VERY sturdy.  You will not be disappointed.  Since I have 4 IGT Fortune 1 Games I will go back to the well and have him mage a hopper set for those games.  I must say that they dont give much trouble at all but you never know.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
What I made for my fortune one was for the monitor assemblies not the hopper.
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »
Adding photos of test equipment made from parts machine.
Beau-plug Cables, Reel mechanism and Lamp tester.
Makes things a little easier when working on a machine.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »
David, I really like the reel shelf you made.  :1:   The only problem is that fits just one size reel. The perfect setup would be off the left slide was adjustable for wider reels.

Gary
And remember...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »
Thanks for the compliment.
Reel base and handle mechanism came from a 1090 wide reel machine.
The smaller 742, 809 etc fit right in. Could of added a left side slot for the pivot lock, but seems to work okay with just the right side lock slot.
Lot easier than using the air cylinder lever.

Here is a tip for getting the reels in and out of the mechanism without any difficulties.
Set the reels in motion, then place a rag in the clock fan while they are still spinning.
Both the index and kicker arms will be retracted at this point and the reels slide in or out no problem.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 08:34:47 PM »
David:

As usual I am impressed with your inventions.  Great tip on reel removals also.  I am ashamed of my little bent rod that I use to fire my reels when out of the cabinet.  Oh great one!

Ra

Online Retro tech repair

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »
Love the reel shelf may have to make one if i can find a parts machine. Im kinda stubborn and will keep at a machine until it works. I do have a machine being given to me for parts but I think its a money honey, and I don't think i can bring myself to scrap it. Good tip for taking the reels out the guy that tought me showed me that too.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 12:12:51 PM »
Thanks Ra, vtyler

I wouldn't destroy a money honey for parts. I know the feeling of parting out a machine. I have a really nice 922 ZQ 5 line progressive, but it has been Summitfied. Kind of holding back from turning it into a donor machine and its a worthless Summit machine.
Thinking I might get another 922 Bally that needs some good parts.
Ra, thanks for the kind words.

Online Retro tech repair

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 06:21:27 PM »
I had a summit machine I couldn't bring myself to scrap i gave it to a family member they let there kids play it and use it as a safe.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal