New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 945-3 Coin accepted light and payout problems  (Read 10377 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally 945-3 Coin accepted light and payout problems
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »
I have got this machine accepting the coins and and the reels spin and stop..
Problems:

#1.  The coin accepted light never comes on (the insert coin comes on and goes off after first coin is inserted).  It's a 5 coin machine and the top box shows each coin being accepted but the coin accpted light never lights.  the bulb is good.

#2.  I 've never hit any win at all (I've played atleast 50 spins.  I've tried to spin reels and hold clock while stopping reels on a win and it still doesn't pay out.

probably got a few other problems that will show up.

thanks
Bob

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:08:39 AM by rjpohl »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 945-3 Coin accepted light and payout problems
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »
not sure if it's a problem but there is something on the top of the capacitor in the pic that looks odd to me,

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:19:19 PM »
Bob,  the coin accepted switch is on the left side of the reel, its part of the coin accept relay circuits, don't have the schematic here with me, but I could probably tell you which wire it is later, any way the color of the wire on the bulb socket MIGHT  be the same as coming off the relay switch.  chech all the switch contacts on that relay, if they are all good then you have a broken wire, pushed in contact on the beau plug, or dirty contact.

the insert coin should go out after the first coin is inserted.

check the zero stop switch on the hopper for the payout problem,  count up the counter by hand and reset it , then do it again, watch the zero stop switch, it should drop open immediately on the first click.

that's an old paper cap, probably just some crud coming out of the vent hole, could be drying out??  just knock it off and clean it up, you might be ok, if not read the value on the side of the cap and replace with the same. the important thing is to replace the same way especially if it is an electrolytic cap, polarity is critical, if you put it in backwards it will pop.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
Progress!!
I cleaned and adjsuted cpin accept contacts on the left side of the reel, the coin accepted light now lights with first coin. 

I can manually trip coin switch on hopper to simulate coins being paid out and the winner paid light comes on, it goes out with next handle pull (which I believe is right).

I still have not had any payouts while playing or manually stopping reels at a payout.

Thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 07:21:08 PM »
here's pic of side of reels with the 3 switch sets.  Can someonen tell which one is A, B and C?
Also thought maybe someone is see a problem with them

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:41:29 PM »
here's a wire that is hanging loose, any idea where it goes and if it 's needed?  it's on right middle of pciture and has a blue insluated connector of it.

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:16 PM »
Yellow /white.   Coin out meter. Not needed now.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »
Photo of the reel mechanism switches, A, B, C and coin relay switch.
Okay, Jim helped you out on the coin accepted light.
Try cleaning the payout relay, usually located left top side of hopper.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:40 AM »
Here's a few pics of the payout counter/100 tooth wheel.  I have cleaned the contacts and I believe they are operating properly.  I also know the hopper works because I operated coil and it spins.  I've tried several payouts and the hopper never starts.

Insert Coin light is on, goes off with first coin and coin accepted light comes on.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »
I tried testing the 3 50v coils on the hopper, 2 of the 3 tested good using jumpers, the 3rd (pictured) did not.  Is there another way to test the coil to see if it's open (bad)?

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »
I can just barely see the second alligator clip in the bottom left of photo.    Did you go directly to both taps on the relay itself?  The coil looks good.  I don't see the shrink tube pulled back from  70 tap.   

There are two switches in that relay bank that close and start hopper turning.  52 to 30.   Is that the relay you pushed by hand and hopper spun?

Jim

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 02:28:16 PM »
You can check a coil for resistance, but you will need to compare with a good coil and one side should be disconnected.
I checked a G-33 -2800 on 200 ohms and got a reading between 110 and 105 ohms resistance. If no reading then there is an open.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 02:40:07 PM »
For testing the coils I connected one lead to the 50V fuse at back of cabinet and the other to the yellow wire on the coin switch (using my volt meter I did get 53v).  the coil pictured aboove did not pull in the other 2 on the hopper did.  And yes that  is the coil that starts the hopper spinning.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »
Prior to checking the payout coil, did you check the Safety Timer? Bottom left side of the machine, it might need to be reset.
Safety Timer and the Payout relay are the two switch between the 110v and the hopper motor.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
Prior to checking the payout coil, did you check the Safety Timer? Bottom left side of the machine, it might need to be reset.
Safety Timer and the Payout relay are the two switch between the 110v and the hopper motor.
The safety time is reset (light is off).

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
I set the hopper outside the slot and used an extension cable to connect it.  I then tripped coin switch and pulled handle, I stopped reels on a pay.  at that time i used my volt meter and it showed 53 volts at coil (coil did not pull in).  I then tripped coin switch and pulled handle.  When the reels stopped (not on pay) I rechecked voltage to coil and it was 0.
I un-soldered the coil and removed from machine, then took ohm reading at the 2 lugs and it had no reading.
I feel pretty certain that all leads to coil being bad.  Its a G-32 2500.  Where is a good place to buy one of these?

any other thoughts before I buy the coil??

thanks
Bob

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
Good work finding the cause of the problem, sounds like the coil is bad.
Used coils on eBay are fairly reasonable or try some sellers on the NLG site.

Since you have the coil out.
Under the ID wrap there is a possibility that a wire is broken.
If this is the case, its possible to unwind and reconnect.
A couple of winding's won't be missed.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:20:15 PM by DavidLee »

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
Great diagnostic job.  IF you need a coil I have a few friends that have many Bally Parts.  PM me.  One guy has no computer at all.  I will send you his phone number.

Happy New Year To All
Ra

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 02:43:51 PM »
Great diagnostic job.  IF you need a coil I have a few friends that have many Bally Parts.  PM me.  One guy has no computer at all.  I will send you his phone number.

Happy New Year To All
Thanks, I ordered 2 off ebay last night.
Bob
Ra

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »
In stalled new coil and set machine to payout, sparks flying everywhere!!!!  After some thought I decided to adjust contacts (some were real wide apart) and now coil pulls in, hopper runs and payouts!!!

Problems:  Set it for one coin payout  thaT that should have paid $1.00 but paid everytime.  Then set it for 5 coin payout (should be $5) but it paid out $1.05 again.

I'll play with it some more tomorrow and retry a few payouts and see what happens.

Atleast this is major progress.

thanks for all the help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal