New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Universal slot machine 50 code  (Read 15100 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Universal slot machine 50 code
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »
Uniman here are the pic of sound chip and dip switches.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »
Your sound chip, 0822, is the basic sound chip, no reel spin sound.

Now, your dip switches on the daughter board (SDS3) are really messed up!!

Turn ON dips 1,2,3 to get maximum credit meter limit of 2500 coins.
Dip 4 gives you a choice. If you want all wins to go on the credit meter then turn ON. Or you can turn it OFF and wins will payout by hopper unless you push the cashout button first before incerting coins.
Leave Dip 5 ON (it looks to be ON in the pic) it is for black coin optics, OFF for grey coin optics.
TURN DIP 6 OFF!!!! This is why your hopper is overpaying, not the solenoid like I first thought. OFF for standard hopper, yours is standard. ON for red plactic high speed hopper.
Dip 7 ON for black optics on the handle mech., OFF if the handle optics are Grey.
Dip 8 ON and you can just hit MAX Bet to start the game, or OFF and you have to hit SPIN in addition to Max bet or Bet one.

ALWAYS PERFORM A CLEAR after changing any dip position. (press black button on board while turning the machine on)

Jim

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »
Thanks for that info uniman. Is there anyway i could get a different sound chip or maybe a copy of the roms so i would have reel spin sound. Is this even possible on this machine?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
Early Universals had no reel spin sound. It depends on System Chip version. I believe yours should support reel spin sound. As I recall it is an 8933 system chip.
I emailed you more details.

Jim

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »
Uniman i turned all the dip switches like you said and everything works like i want. Except the hopper is still overpaying coins i have dip 6 set off. I opened the door then i pulled both the cherry switches out. Then i turned the door key so it thought door was closed. I played coins until i won something. I watched the hopper and the selonoid never does anything the hopper just keeps spinning then it gives the 31 error. I done this a few times. Sometimes there will be a coin stuck or just setting there. I will have to knock that coin out before i can reset the error. It is like the coil is not working or not being told to work. Do you have any idea what i should do next? Thanks

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
Jim, hope you don't mind!

you don't have to wait for a winner to see the hopper work! open the door "code 50"   now use the "green test switch" to  advance to the hopper test. push it 4 times,  watch the display, you will see the number change each time you do this, test 4 is the hopper test, it will turn on the hopper and count out 10 coins, if it fails , press the yellow reset switch and try again.  if the solenoid doesn't engage, I would remove the back cover on the hopper and inspect the everything, check the wiring,see if you can manually push the plunger on the solenoid, etc.  the "red test switch" will put credits on the machine so you can test it while the door is open.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:32 PM »
Thanks Jim, i did that and it pays out to many coins every time. I can push the plunger on the selonoid real easy. Not stuck or anything. The back cover is missing on the hopper. Most of the wires have been put together with wire nuts. Some of them i can tell they are hooked up right. I have no idea if the others like to the selonoid is right or not.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »
Jim, hope you don't mind!

Why would I ever mind!! Thanks!!

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »
Uniman i turned all the dip switches like you said and everything works like i want. Except the hopper is still overpaying coins i have dip 6 set off. I opened the door then i pulled both the cherry switches out. Then i turned the door key so it thought door was closed. I played coins until i won something. I watched the hopper and the selonoid never does anything the hopper just keeps spinning then it gives the 31 error. I done this a few times. Sometimes there will be a coin stuck or just setting there. I will have to knock that coin out before i can reset the error. It is like the coil is not working or not being told to work. Do you have any idea what i should do next? Thanks
This is not making sense.
If the coil never works than coins are never payed out. The hopper and coil are energized together, than the coil deenergizes to stop coins from paying out. So when there is overpay, the coil energizes, drawing in the coin deflector, and then never releases.
Did you perform a RAM reset after changing the dips? MUST be done.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
I did perform the ram reset. The hopper will pay out coins but the coil never moves. Where is the coil suppose to be when the hopper is in idle mode? Is it suppose to be in or out? Here is a pic of where my coil always stays.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »
There's your problem!!!
Your missing a spring that holds the solenoid "plunger" out when not energized. The spring is the same size as the other spring in your pic.

Look at the first pic, it is your hopper, I circled in red where spring goes.

Look at second pic, my hopper with spring. A little blurry but you can see it.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 07:31:26 AM »
Thank you uniman. I got up this morning and looked at that pic of the hopper again thinking something must be missing. I noticed the hole and the notch in that metal bracket. I went here to ask the question and you had already answered it. Thanks again all.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »
Ok i got the spring and have it put on. There is still a problem. The coil will never pull in. I am afraid the wiring is hooked up wrong. Is there anything out there that will show the wiring for inside the hopper. I know the coil works. I put 100v ac to it from a isolation transformer and it pulled in fine. Thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 08:24:21 PM »
It could be you have a bad relay board. Would make sense why someone had all those wires apart.

To check wiring, turn the machine upside down and look at the relay board. First wire coming out of it is dark blue, This goes to the solenoid.
Second wire next to it is white and goes to motor.
Third wire also white, comes from the connector on top of the hopper. (incoming wire)
Forth wire, also white (maybe pale yellow, mine looks white) goes to solenoid.

Look at my pic below.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Thanks, If it is a bad relay board could it be rebuilt or would it have to be replaced? If it has to be replaced where could i find one?

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »
Thanks, If it is a bad relay board could it be rebuilt or would it have to be replaced? If it has to be replaced where could i find one?

Not sure where to get one or get one fixed. I'm sure they are repairable as just a simple relay board.
Do you have a Uni manual? There is a schematic for it in the manual. See below.

Also, the mpu sends a signal (ground) for the solenoid and motor that are separate. It is possible the mpu could be the problem too!

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2016, 12:07:21 PM »
Well, I might have found your problem. How, you might ask?
Because I have the same problem!  :hissyfit:

I rarely turn my machines on anymore. And I can't remember the last time I cashed out credits. Usually I open the door and take coins from the hopper. So this morning I ran test 4 and the solenoid never energized. What the hell! So I swapped mpu boards from my other machine and ran test 4. No problem, coins dispensed.
Put the original mpu back in and pulled the hopper connector and put my meter on the pink and yellow wire pins. (Set at 10vdc scale) Turned machine on and ran test 4 and saw no voltage. Then went from pink to brown, ran test 4 and saw the 5vdc. The pink to yellow should show 5vdc for the solenoid and the pink to brown did show 5vdc for the motor. So problem for me is on the mpu board.
Looking at schematic it looks like either the IC chip at 9D or 6H.

If you have a multi-meter you should check the outputs from the mpu. Pull the hopper connector, then turn the machine on. Set your meter to 0-10vdc, hot lead to pink wire in connector and ground lead to yellow wire in connector. Press test 4 and look for 5vdc. Same with pink and brown wire. Should see 5vdc for motor.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
You have got to be kidding. We just done the test you told me to do. We get the voltage with pink and brown but we get no voltage with pink and yellow. So i guess it is on the cpu board. Are you going to try to fix yours? You said 9D or 6H right?  Thanks

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
I also ran the pink to yellow wire test on the good board and saw the 5vdc. (just to make sure I wasn't missing something)

I'm in no hurry to fix mine as I rarely use the hopper for cashout. And I'm no board repairman. I may try to test the mpu board in the machine and see if I can find which ic is the problem. Just to know.

Below is two sections of the output schematics. Traced it on my board to verify. Both the motor and solenoid come out of 9D to the edge connector. 7H outputs the motor to 9D and 6H outputs the solenoid to 9D.

Offline UNIMAN

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2016, 04:57:34 PM »
The story takes another turn.
Earlier I told you DIP 7 to be ON for black handle optics, I was wrong, it should be OFF for this version of Master chip and Dip 7 is for the hopper!!

I have an old spare board in the garage, haven't touched it in years. So I put a new battery on it, remove all the chips from suspect board and remove the SDS3 daughter board and put them on the spare board. Install it in the machine, perform a RAM clear and it fires up. Run test 4 and no solenoid activity again!
So I take a look at the daughter board (with glasses on)and dip 7 is not all the way off like it should be. Looked good from a distance but not all the way off. So I make sure it is off and perform a new ram clear. Everything works fine. Test 4 working ok. So it was the daughter board that was the problem. Seems like about a year ago I tested a high speed hopper in this machine and thought I set that dip back to off. Pretty sure suspect board is ok.
There is no solenoid on high speed hopper so this curcuit not used when dip 7 is ON.

Sooo, check that daughter board again.
Make sure dip 7 is OFF. Make sure daughter board is in socket 1A correctly.
Perform a RAM clear at startup.
And see what happens.

Another note; when dip is ON there is about 1ohm across the dip and when OFF, 4 ohms.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:12:41 PM by UNIMAN »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal